Sponsored by: DashLynx

Headlight/Fog Light Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2023, 09:47 PM
SonnyT
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Goose 993
Ah ok. I tossed the brown and white wire as I did not know it was for this setup. I will email and get another set.

To be clear, the high beam bulb plugs into the blue female ends?
Originally Posted by rgupta250
Yes, the two blue plugs fit into the high beam bulb connections. Make sure you are following the right polarity. The way I have my 9006 connector assembled my white is (+) and then follows through to the blue wires in the splitter.

RG

​​​​@rgupta250 or @Goose 993
looking the Morimoto diagram the pair of black/gray wires connected to the H1 bulb are left unused on both sides?

and RH side has no wires going to the OEM low beam connectors?

Old 11-07-2023, 10:43 PM
SonnyT
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the next guy doing this upgrade, the answer to both questions above is yes.
Old 03-23-2024, 09:10 PM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 46 Posts

I went with the BergvillFX High Beam LED and HID Low Beam and finally got into the install today. Huge kudos for the thoughtful design and ability to install cleanly into the original housing. Unfortunately the low beams were a bust. High beams work well. When I installed the low beams and game them a try, all looked to work okay at first although I kept thinking that I saw a ever so slight flicker going. Next time I turned them on the passenger low beam was flickering significantly. Took the car for a ride and after a few minutes the driver side low beam stopped working all together. Pulled it back into the garage and then the passenger stopped working all together. Pulled out the HID Low Beams and put the stock bulbs back in for the time being. High beams still work (and are a huge improvement). Need to sort out this Low Beam BS though as visibility with the stockers is terrible!
Old 03-24-2024, 12:38 AM
gbgastowers
Rennlist Member

Location: Holden Beach and Winston-Salem, North Carolina 82 928 Euro S 5spd MOSS GREEN/CHAMPAGNE-04 996 C4S CONV TIP POLAR SILVER/METROPOL BLUE
Received 285 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by SGOGT4
I went with the BergvillFX High Beam LED and HID Low Beam and finally got into the install today. Huge kudos for the thoughtful design and ability to install cleanly into the original housing. Unfortunately the low beams were a bust. High beams work well. When I installed the low beams and game them a try, all looked to work okay at first although I kept thinking that I saw a ever so slight flicker going. Next time I turned them on the passenger low beam was flickering significantly. Took the car for a ride and after a few minutes the driver side low beam stopped working all together. Pulled it back into the garage and then the passenger stopped working all together. Pulled out the HID Low Beams and put the stock bulbs back in for the time being. High beams still work (and are a huge improvement). Need to sort out this Low Beam BS though as visibility with the stockers is terrible!
My low beams flicker when you turn them on initially. It then stops. This is a second one on one side. The first wouldn’t stop flickering. The high beams and more yellow low beams are great when the initial flickering stops on low beams. Haven’t checked if it’s both yet. Bergvill brand. Gunar

Last edited by gbgastowers; 03-24-2024 at 12:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Headlight/Fog Light Upgrades