Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Front Door speaker won’t come out - any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 07:59 PM
ARC Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Front Door speaker won’t come out - any suggestions?

I’m in the process of removing my door cards and I’ve removed all the hardware but this speaker will not come out and neither the grill or bezel will even rotate. Any suggestions on how to get it out?

Last edited by Mark in Baltimore; 04-09-2021 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Restored original thread title for future searching
Old 04-09-2021, 08:27 PM
Tonydec
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

Is the speaker mounted to the door card itself? Not the best way to mount it, but a possibility. Also some of those grills are press fit into a groove on the mounting ring and some are held there by that black goop. Try removing the grill itself carefully by pinching while pulling on opposite sides. That should then reveal the screws themselves. Looking at the grill edges you have pictured, that may be the case as usually they fit flusher at the perimeter I have had MB Quarts in vehicles before, but it's been so long I can't remember specifically. Nothing on youtube?
Old 04-09-2021, 09:04 PM
Tonydec
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

So what was it? Curious minds wanna know...

Plus it can help someone else down the road with a similar problem when they conduct a search. Kind of a pay it forward.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:10 PM
boomboomthump
Rennlist Member

Received 947 Likes on 480 Posts

Presume the metal grills just needed to be pulled, leaving behind the plastic trim and revealing 4 screws underneath the grill.

The screws most likely are driven right through the sheet metal of the door. That's how mine are mounted. You can see the top two screws through the grill in the first photo at the 2 & 10 o'clock positions.

Old 04-09-2021, 09:18 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 150 Posts

problem solved remove thread? The entire premise of this forum is to keep threads like this so when someone has the same issue they can find it in search if OP was a participating member that updated his find on the issue..
The following users liked this post:
Mark in Baltimore (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 09:41 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarek307
problem solved remove thread? The entire premise of this forum is to keep threads like this so when someone has the same issue they can find it in search if OP was a participating member that updated his find on the issue..
100% agreed. This thread will not be deleted; this forum is partly designed to be a technical knowledge base that owners everywhere can access for information.

Restoring the thread title to the original copy.
The following users liked this post:
Tarek307 (04-09-2021)

Quick Reply: Front Door speaker won’t come out - any suggestions?