Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need help finding part number

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2021, 07:17 PM
milazzo_997tt
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Need help finding part number

I'm looking for the part number for the second cable holder (circled in red) for the spoiler wiring harness. I had one go missing while my car was at the shop. I posted in the 993 facebook group a while back but didn't get any leads. I know the black zip tie will do the job but it's always bugged me that it's missing. In the PET, the lower cable holder (circled in blue) has a part number 993 612 803 01. The one I need is similar in size but has a second protrusion on the end to fit in a groove on the support bar. If you happen to know the part number or have a spare laying around please let me know. Any chance anyone could look at their car and see if a part number is listed on it? Threw in some pics of my car at a recent Treffen Scottsdale drive so this post isn't so boring lol! Thanks for your time!

Anthony

Red circle is where part is missing.

Similar Cable holder circled in blue.

Old 07-16-2021, 09:35 PM
71-3.0-911
Rennlist Member

Received 721 Likes on 489 Posts

I have nothing to add but...oooohhhh Vesuvius.
Old 07-16-2021, 10:05 PM
BobbyT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Shine a bright light down in the engine bay in the area underneath where the clip was. I've popped mine off before more than once and it always fell into the engine bay.

You might need to feel around between the intake runners--it could have flipped into that area.
Old 07-17-2021, 11:54 AM
boomboomthump
Rennlist Member

Received 947 Likes on 480 Posts

993-612-803-01 - Cable holder for rear lid hinge

Tip on how to find these in the PET diagrams...
  • Dont look in the associated body section
  • Look under electrical and try to find the associated harness
  • It won't be shown on the diagram but if you then look in the parts listing for the associated diagram which shows the harness, you will usually find somewhere underneath varies cable ties, clips, etc.
  • Sometimes they are the bottom of the section. In this case it was directly underneath the associated harness part number.

Last edited by boomboomthump; 07-17-2021 at 11:56 AM.
The following users liked this post:
red64chevelle (07-17-2021)
Old 07-17-2021, 12:01 PM
red64chevelle
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by boomboomthump
993-612-803-01 - Cable holder for rear lid hinge

Tip on how to find these in the PET diagrams...
  • Dont look in the associated body section
  • Look under electrical and try to find the associated harness
  • It won't be shown on the diagram but if you then look in the parts listing for the associated diagram which shows the harness, you will usually find somewhere underneath varies cable ties, clips, etc.
  • Sometimes they are the bottom of the section. In this case it was directly underneath the associated harness part number.
Thanks for the tip on finding part numbers. I was looking through the PDF trying to find it. I even looked at this drawing, but didn't think to look at the parts list for it.
Old 07-17-2021, 04:02 PM
boomboomthump
Rennlist Member

Did not read the OP fully the first time, jumped straight to the pics. Seems you had already found it in the PET.

There is no other part number, they are both the same.
Old 07-17-2021, 05:42 PM
milazzo_997tt
Rennlist Member

Did not read the OP fully the first time, jumped straight to the pics. Seems you had already found it in the PET.

There is no other part number, they are both the same.
I appreciate you taking a look. Yeah, the two cable holders have a different shape to them so I was hoping there was a part number I wasn't aware of. I actually ordered the cable holder listed in the PET from Pelican Parts but unfortunately it's the one that I already have and didn't fit correctly at the other location.
Old 07-17-2021, 06:37 PM
boomboomthump
Rennlist Member

Can you post a pic to explain what isn't fitting correctly? Why do you believe there is a different shaped clip?

I went and looked at my bag of parts (car is completely dissembled and getting painted) but both my clips are identical. They both clip on the same hinge and hold the same wire harness, so I don't see why they would be different shape. There's also only the single part number in the PET. I took a look at some various pictures online too and it appears on other people's cars that both clips are identical as well.

Old 07-17-2021, 09:16 PM
red64chevelle
Instructor

Same question here. I just pulled both of mine off and they are identical.
Old 07-17-2021, 10:04 PM
milazzo_997tt
Rennlist Member

Can you post a pic to explain what isn't fitting correctly? Why do you believe there is a different shaped clip?

I went and looked at my bag of parts (car is completely dissembled and getting painted) but both my clips are identical. They both clip on the same hinge and hold the same wire harness, so I don't see why they would be different shape. There's also only the single part number in the PET. I took a look at some various pictures online too and it appears on other people's cars that both clips are identical as well.

Thanks for taking a look at your parts! So I took a picture of the vertical indentation on the passenger side of the support bar. The cable holder I had previously had a second protrusion which sat in this indentation. Where the lower cable holder sits, the support bar is completely cylindrical and doesn't have this groove/indentation so it sits flush. I really hope I'm not remembering incorrectly. I was certain they were different as the one with the second protrusion wouldn't sit in the lower location for this reason. I appreciate you guys taking a look though. If you both have identical clips on your cars then maybe I'm going nuts LOL!

Old 07-18-2021, 10:21 AM
boomboomthump
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the pic to help me visualize it. My car isn't here and I did not recall that section which is indented.

I see what you mean but do believe that's just how it is, unfortunately. Probably explains why it's not uncommon to lose the upper clip. A slight knock to it will make it rotate just enough to come free easily.
Old 07-18-2021, 11:22 AM
milazzo_997tt
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the pic to help me visualize it. My car isn't here and I did not recall that section which is indented.

I see what you mean but do believe that's just how it is, unfortunately. Probably explains why it's not uncommon to lose the upper clip. A slight knock to it will make it rotate just enough to come free easily.

Very true. Thanks again for your time and can't wait to see the updates on your car!
Old 07-18-2021, 01:39 PM
red64chevelle
Instructor

I checked mine out again. I don’t have that crimp in mine like you do. My build date is 1/94.

Old 07-18-2021, 03:26 PM
milazzo_997tt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by red64chevelle
I checked mine out again. I don’t have that crimp in mine like you do. My build date is 1/94.

Thanks for taking the pics! Makes sense why the same part number would work for both then. My car is a 7/97 build date. Not sure when that change to the rear lid support happened. Lucky me LOL!
Old 07-18-2021, 04:31 PM
boomboomthump
Rennlist Member

I'm also a 7/97 build date C2S. Will have to look through my pics to see if I have any of that side of the hinge.

Quick Reply: Need help finding part number