Sponsored by: DashLynx

"Z" order???

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2021, 12:54 PM
996scott
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 123 Posts
Default "Z" order???

Anyone heard or know much about a "Z" order on a 993? I went to the dealer to have them look up a part. I gave them the vin # and when he pulled up my car he said, "oh you have a special Z order on your car". He asked what was special ordered on my car and i said i didn't think anything was. He showed my his computer and at the bottom of my vehicle info it has 09991 under Z orders. He could not pull up any info but said that means there was some sort of special order on the car. The certificate of authenticity i have from Porsche does not show anything special. Anyone know anything about this?
Old 12-05-2021, 01:05 PM
orangecurry
Burning Brakes

Received 381 Likes on 263 Posts

09991 just means it had something not-on-the-options-list fitted by the factory by the 'Exclusive' department. Might be specific coloured carpet... but it's not actually detailed on the build sheet. Could be anything - a cigar holder...

... or whatever was different might be listed on your options list - it's a bit of a grey area....

Do you have 09991 on your options list?

Last edited by orangecurry; 12-05-2021 at 01:14 PM. Reason: clarity!
Old 12-05-2021, 05:51 PM
ShdwFx
Rennlist Member

Received 218 Likes on 158 Posts

Never heard of a "Z" order either. I've also got 09991 on my options sticker but don't have any options that I think are rare by any means (aluminum dials and shifter/ebrake, big ovals, hi fi, headrest crests).
Old 12-06-2021, 03:46 PM
velvetmachine
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Do you have any special interior bits? Maybe deviated leather or colored seat belts?

Here is the "Z" code options list for MY94-95's:

Z02 Open tray instead of cassette storage
Z05 Leather roofliner, color to sample
Z06 Deviating color steering wheel
Z07 Deviating color velour trunk carpet
Z08 Deviating color velour trunk carpet (CD changer version)
Z09 Leather welting
Z10 Carpet welting leatherette
Z11 Leather carpet welting
Z21 Deviating seat stitching (front seats only on Cabriolet; all seats on others)
Z23 Deviating door handle stitching
Z24 Deviating dashboard stitching
Z25 Deviating center console stitching
Z26 Deviating door storage top stitching
Z27 Leather roofliner
Z28 Deviating color roofliner and sunvisors
Z31 Leather covered kneebar
Z35 Deviating color leather covered kneebar
Z41 Exterior color Pearl White Metallic
Z42 Deviating color door panels (leather), armrest lids and handles (leatherette)
Z43 Deviating color door panels (leather), armrest lids and handles (leather)
Z44 Deviating color door panels (leatherette), armrest lids and handles (leatherette)
Z45 Deviating color seat inlays (leather)
Z46 Deviating color front seat inlays (leather)
Z47 Deviating color rear seat inlays (leatherette)
Z49 Colored seat belts, front
Z50 Colored seat belts (red or yellow)
Z51 Deviating color seats
Z53 Head restraints w/Porsche crest
Z65 Deviating color dash, kneebar, window sills, backwall top section (leatherette)
Z69 Deviating color carpet
Z70 Deviating color carpet (earlier model year colors)
Z79 Deviating color A&B pillars
Z80 Leather A pillar and window frame
Z81 Leather A/B pillar
Z86 Deviating color dashboard
Z95 Painted brake calipers
The following 3 users liked this post by velvetmachine:
Meenrod (12-06-2021), Patrik S (03-29-2022), rdad993 (03-25-2022)
Old 03-24-2022, 06:17 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

I bet you have an X option on your build sheet/option code sticker/COA. Any X option is a Porsche Exclusive option and will trigger 09991 which just means deviate to Porsche Programme Exclusive for additional outfitting. So 09991 is not an option code but a routing code. Also, the other 5-digit codes will trigger 09991 as well as they are additional exclusive options that are in most cases "Z" code order options. The 5-digit codes translate to a Z code but its not always obvious which those are. For instance I believe 00051 is a deviated carpet color (just going off memory wont swear to it). That would be Z69. A lot of the codes change meaning when a new model generation is born.

You also have "Y" options which are grouped option codes usually consisting of two or more X codes. For instance, Brake/Shifter Carbon/Aluminum is a Y code option but it composed of two X codes -- one for the carbon/alum brake handle and one for the carbon/alum shifter handle which technically could be ordered on their own. Like Z options, you wont see Y options on your option code sticker -- you'll see the individual components (X codes) that may make up the Y group however. Z codes are their own animal.

In my experience the most common X code options to trigger 09991 on the 993s are Porsche Crest in Headrest, Aluminum Instrument Dials, Door Sill with Model Insignia, and Stainless Steel Exhaust Pipes. The most common Y code groups to trigger 09991 are Brake/Shifter Carbon/Aluminum, Dk and Lt Rootwood Brake/Shifter, And Aluminum/Chrome X71,X70,X54.
The following users liked this post:
aam993 (03-25-2022)
Old 03-25-2022, 05:04 PM
hoggel
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by UDPride
I bet you have an X option on your build sheet/option code sticker/COA. Any X option is a Porsche Exclusive option and will trigger 09991 which just means deviate to Porsche Programme Exclusive for additional outfitting. So 09991 is not an option code but a routing code. Also, the other 5-digit codes will trigger 09991 as well as they are additional exclusive options that are in most cases "Z" code order options. The 5-digit codes translate to a Z code but its not always obvious which those are. For instance I believe 00051 is a deviated carpet color (just going off memory wont swear to it). That would be Z69. A lot of the codes change meaning when a new model generation is born.

You also have "Y" options which are grouped option codes usually consisting of two or more X codes. For instance, Brake/Shifter Carbon/Aluminum is a Y code option but it composed of two X codes -- one for the carbon/alum brake handle and one for the carbon/alum shifter handle which technically could be ordered on their own. Like Z options, you wont see Y options on your option code sticker -- you'll see the individual components (X codes) that may make up the Y group however. Z codes are their own animal.

In my experience the most common X code options to trigger 09991 on the 993s are Porsche Crest in Headrest, Aluminum Instrument Dials, Door Sill with Model Insignia, and Stainless Steel Exhaust Pipes. The most common Y code groups to trigger 09991 are Brake/Shifter Carbon/Aluminum, Dk and Lt Rootwood Brake/Shifter, And Aluminum/Chrome X71,X70,X54.

Damn! It amazes me what some people know ... and remember. I sometimes forget my wife's name.
The following 2 users liked this post by hoggel:
996scott (03-29-2022), geolab (03-25-2022)
Old 03-25-2022, 10:06 PM
sdm100
Rennlist Member

Received 211 Likes on 108 Posts

Ejection seat?
Old 03-26-2022, 06:50 AM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Received 376 Likes on 238 Posts

I assume central/east Europeans nowadays would think that the letter Z is a bit unappropriate for car production options. Some of them even have armoured vehicles roaming through their backyard with this letter painted on them.
Tore
sdm100 (03-26-2022)
Old 03-29-2022, 01:57 AM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by hoggel
Damn! It amazes me what some people know ... and remember. I sometimes forget my wife's name.
Its my day job. There'd be no other earthly reason to know or remember! There's only about 20 "standard" options on these cars -- Pwr seats, heated seats, sport seats, rear wiper, litronics, upgraded stereo, motor sound, upgraded wheels, cd changer, supple leather..... Its a short list.
Old 04-08-2022, 05:05 AM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by 996scott
Anyone heard or know much about a "Z" order on a 993? I went to the dealer to have them look up a part. I gave them the vin # and when he pulled up my car he said, "oh you have a special Z order on your car". He asked what was special ordered on my car and i said i didn't think anything was. He showed my his computer and at the bottom of my vehicle info it has 09991 under Z orders. He could not pull up any info but said that means there was some sort of special order on the car. The certificate of authenticity i have from Porsche does not show anything special. Anyone know anything about this?
Z09991
Z09 - Leather Carpet Welting
99 - Color to Sample Interior
1 - Black
LimeyBoy (04-08-2022)

Quick Reply: "Z" order???