Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

What was your first ticket in your 993?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 12:48 AM
kflory
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default What was your first ticket in your 993?

The post today about the guy that got out of a ticket gave me an idea for an interesting thread...

The first time I got pulled over was the day I took delivery of the car from the dealer when it was new and a cop pulled me over before I got to the freeway and question me if my head lights were legal. I assured him it was just driven off the lot an stock (and showed him the sticker from the window, which I still have today in the glove box) and he checked out the car for a while and let me go. He clearly pulled me over just to check it out. Kind of cool, kind of scary.

But this thread is not about the first time getting pulled over, but about the first ticket.

My first ticket in my 993 TT was just a few months after I had the car. I was driving home (a 80 mile commute a the time) and was about 10 miles into it stuck on the freeway (probably a 3 day weekend) leaving the bay area headed for the central valley. They had been doing construction on 680 and traffic was a mess. I must have been stuck on short stretch of 680 for about hour or more as I recall (which is probably exaggerated as it was 17 1/2 years ago) and as traffic was finally letting up (may have been from a previous accident). I wanted to pass the big rigs before pulling off on the highway 84 and getting stuck behind them, so I pulled into the #2 lane from the #1 lane, jumped on it for what was just a few moments, and looked behind me an realized there was a highway patrol in that lane behind me (I should look closer at who was there). When he pulled me over, he said he was doing 100 and I was pulling away from him (I really hadn't noticed my exact speed as I was looking at where as was going, not the speedo).

Anyway, I did not get off, as he did write me up, but not for less than 100 and and let me go on my way. I considered my self lucky.

But I realized I could never just just floor it again as the power seamed instantaneous and limitless.

What's your story?
Old 09-19-2013, 01:44 AM
MartinC2S
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Mine was this summer. I was heading to the mountains for a weekend getaway with a ladyfriend and was actually going with the flow of traffic at about 20km above the limit. The cop decided to pick me out of a cluster of about 10 cars to single me out. P!ssed me right off especially since I was actually trying to be good. No manner of sweet talk would get me out of it. Luckily it wasn't a large ticket.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:55 AM
NP993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I definitely never got a ticket after blowing past a convoy of state vehicles on an isolated part of the interstate at 145MPH, and they never radioed in to the police that there's a guy in a Porsche going 145 MPH on the interstate, and the police never found me several miles up the highway and pulled me over. That never happened.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:01 AM
DoninDen
Three Wheelin'

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Mine was right after I bought the car, went downtown parked with temp tag in back window, but also had previous owners plate on the back. $80 for no forint plate. Went to the city the next morning because I didn't want the seller to impacted, told a magistrate what happened and she dropped the ticket.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:07 AM
ble2011
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

2 weeks after acquiring mine. Wife bought tickets as a surpise outing to Road America and we decided to take the leisurely drive using the back roads. Got pulled over in a speed trap where the speed limit drops to 35. No luck with arguing with the cop, so went to court. Plead my case and was made an "example" in the court room. However, while explaing to everyone in the court room that I had no case, he was writing on the court papers that I had a defective speedo and let me off by only paying a small fine and no points. I got lucky.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:23 AM
TYNUSKT
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Never received a ticket (insert knock on wood sound). Been pulled over once for not having a front plate. Really young State Trooper and he only ended up asking me a bunch of questions about the car. Didn't even write me a work order or anything.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:31 AM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine was about 6 months after getting the car...13 or so years ago. I had been on a 'spirited' run on twisty mountain roads for about 2 hours. When I was finished...I was heading back to the house. What "seemed" slow at that point turned out to be 81 mph in a 45 mph zone. I remember the last words the cop said to me as he walked away..."nice car"...

Trending Topics

Old 09-19-2013, 09:21 AM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NP993
I definitely never got a ticket after blowing past a convoy of state vehicles on an isolated part of the interstate at 145MPH, and they never radioed in to the police that there's a guy in a Porsche going 145 MPH on the interstate, and the police never found me several miles up the highway and pulled me over. That never happened.

Too bad that never happened because if you are going to get a ticket........this my friends is how it should be done!

I don't remember my first (there have been several) but I do remember after I had installed Lidar Jammers and a hardwired V1 in my previous 4S getting pulled over by the Highway Patrol. She came out of nowhere and none of my electronics ever went off.

When we stepped back to her car it became clear that they had a plane in the air and were timing us. They had several HP's lined up on an on ramp and were shooting fish in a barrel. The HP and I had some laughs over it.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:43 AM
jg291446
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got my first ticket 2 months after I bought the car this spring, for a speed limit. At least the cop told me I had a really nice car!
Old 09-19-2013, 09:46 AM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 66 Posts

3rd day of ownership pulled over on secondary highway leading up to our chalet doing 25kms over the speed limit. My quick thinking wife said use the speedo excuse. I argued it was my first vehicle with a US mph speedo and I was still getting used to doing the conversion as I only had the car 3 days.

He checked the registration date warned me to slow down said "great looking 993" and walked away. I have been very careful ever since.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:46 PM
Monkey Brain
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haven't received a ticket yet. I must be doing it wrong.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:15 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by NP993
Whatever you say, Peter Pan.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:31 PM
uicnick
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was driving from tail of the dragon in North Carolina heading towards Asheville on December 22nd or 23rd 2011. There were very few cars on the highway given the time, I think it was around 2PM or so and I think many people were off with the holidays. Tail of the Dragon was a blast and did not run into ANY trucks or cars jamming up the road. I'm past the dragon now at this point and the speed limit was 55mph and there is a cop rounding the corner in the opposite lane. I knew I was busted and sure enough see him cross the center in the rearview and gave the the bill. He clocked me at 73. I asked if I could take care of things right then and there but and he seemed like a nice enough guy, but the policy in Bryson City, NC is that anything 15 over the limit means a mandatory court appearance. Of course they give me a court date in March or some BS like that. For those not familiar, Bryson City is nowhere near a big airport and it would be a big trip to go there from Chicago.

The next day after I get to Fort Bragg, I call the clerk at the courthouse who said, we are closed until after the holiday, I believe it was the 27th or 28th when they opened. I extended my visit by a day, which was no big deal and paid the fine in court. Two weeks letter, I get letters in the mail from the lawyers in town saying they will represent me for $200 or so. Thanks but no thanks, at least I beat their game of screwing out of towners.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:34 PM
996scott
Rennlist Member

Received 201 Likes on 122 Posts
Talking

My first ticket was 2 hrs after buying the car! yes hours. Flew to New Mexico, picked up the car and was heading back in the middle of nowhere. The roads were open and clear and I just couldn't help myself. I was going too fast and next thing I know there is a cop in my rear view mirror. I looked over at my 16 year old son and said, "not a word to mom."
Old 09-19-2013, 02:40 PM
beers4all
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going through a speed trap (at the posted speed), drove past the cop holding the laser and he pulled me over for "unnecessary noise" - had the supercups installed at the time.

Quick Reply: What was your first ticket in your 993?