Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need recommendation on Scottsdale, AZ PPI

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 12:04 AM
Richard1
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need recommendation on Scottsdale, AZ PPI

Could someone please tell me where in Scottsdale is a good place to get a 993 PPI? I found a 993 that I want there. Thank you.
Old 04-30-2004, 12:42 AM
jz993
Racer

Beck's 10802 N. Cave Creek Rd., Phoenix 602-997-6572
Stuttgart Southwest 1844 E. 6th St., Tempe 480-968-6764
Have dealt with both, they are competent.
Old 04-30-2004, 12:44 AM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=104987

I ended up using Stuttgart SW. At first I was pleased, but now after I've had a chance to check stuff that they checked, it seems everything they touched had something wrong with it. Makes me wonder if they did all the stuff they said they did. luckily for me, the car I was looking at was a keeper. Still, I would advise taking it anywhere but there.

good luck
Old 04-30-2004, 01:34 AM
hddude
Racer

Default Kkim, that's quite an indictment

KKim,

This is the first time I have ever heard anyone seriously trash Stuttgart SW. Your one experience with them certainly doesn't square with my 6 years of experience with them. Their reputation in the Valley is great -- or at least was until now -- as I'm sure others on this board will attest, not that any shop is perfect. But according to you "everything they touched had something wrong with it."

I assume you won't mind if I share your note with the owners, Joe and Jack. Reputations are hard to build up but easy to ruin, and of course your note will pop up every time in the future someone does a search with this shop's name or for a PPI in Phoenix, Scottsdale or Tempe.
Old 04-30-2004, 02:01 AM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

hddude-

Sorry you feel that way. I would never go out of my way to say bad things unless I felt they were true. They were given the task to do a PPI for me and a 45K mile service for the owner at the time.

They changed my air cleaner element, instead of a latch on the top, someone had used a screw to keep the airbox together, instead of replacing a broken latch. screw looked brand new, so I'm assuming it was the last shop to have touched it, which was SSW.

They said the clutch was fine... the clutch was/is a bear to operate. I've lubed the pedals, bled the slave and am in the process of changing out the slave next. If they had done a proper PPI, I would have at least expected them to note this. report said "good" as was everything else that they had listed.

shocks are worn- no mention of this.

There were dents on the inside of the headlight tunnels consistent w/ someone leaning over on the fender when bending over to change the pollen filters. I discovered this when I too was changing out the hood shocks and was working in that area and noted how easy it would be for someone to lean up on the fender while trying to work in there. Sure enough, when I looked in that area carefully I found dents on both fender tunnels.

After seeing that level of work, am I wrong to be left feeling how much more did they do or didn't do? I have no proof, but I'm just trying to help a fellow Rennlister out from possibly making the same mistake I did.

Working with Jack was a great experience. He was polite and very professional. I'm not blaming him, just the level of work my car received while in his care.

Would you have rather I not have said anything about my experience w/ them?

Quick Reply: Need recommendation on Scottsdale, AZ PPI