Sponsored by: DashLynx

State Farm agent in San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2023, 02:12 PM
ehanauer
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Default State Farm agent in San Diego

My long time State Farm agent has passed away and his office has closed. My policies, including collector car policy on my 993, have been assigned to another agent in Orange County, where my former agent was located. I live in San Diego now, and would like to transfer my policies to somebody local. Can anybody recommend a good State Farm agent in San Diego who understands the needs of collector car owners?
Old 02-01-2023, 05:23 PM
Twilightblue28A
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by ehanauer
My long time State Farm agent has passed away and his office has closed. My policies, including collector car policy on my 993, have been assigned to another agent in Orange County, where my former agent was located. I live in San Diego now, and would like to transfer my policies to somebody local. Can anybody recommend a good State Farm agent in San Diego who understands the needs of collector car owners?
I live on the east coast. I had a similar experience. Contact State Farm's Home office and ask for an agent in any area you choose. You can assign your policy to any agent or agency. I hope my information proves helpful.
Old 02-02-2023, 02:02 PM
ehanauer
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Here's why a good agent is important.

In the 1990s I shared a boat with a partner. One day he was towing it on the freeway, got sideswiped, and the boat came off the trailer. I was at home at the time. It was insured under my policy.

After they paid it off, they canceled my boat insurance. Within the next few weeks my homeowners and my Porsche insurance got canceled. Remember, I was at home when the accident occurred. I looked around for other coverage, and got a painful lesson in the cost of Porsche insurance. Finally I went to another State Farm agent. He explained that my former agent had written some bad policies and had no clout with the company. The new guy did, and all my polices were restored at the old prices.

Even though I moved from Orange County to San Diego some 25 years ago, I stayed with this agent, until he passed away a couple of weeks ago and his office closed. That's why I'm looking for a recommendation in San Diego.

Don't believe that agents don't matter.
Old 02-02-2023, 02:21 PM
Twilightblue28A
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 198 Posts

Here's why a good agent is important.
Don't believe that agents don't matter.
I don't disagree. My long-term State Farm agent left State Farm and I was assigned an agent in the same agency who knew nothing about collector car policies. In fact, the new agent refused to write an agreed value policy citing a multitude of reasons, all of which made no sense. He failed to understand the strict underwriting criteria to qualify for collector car insurance, agreed value, etc . In addition to collector car insurance, I also have commercial liability and homeowners also written with State Farm.
As I explained in my prior post, I contacted State Farm's Home Office, briefly explained my issues and my policies were assigned to a new State Farm Agency and an agent who understands collector car policies.
I agree. The agent and agency matter.
​​​​​​
Old 02-02-2023, 02:28 PM
RudyP
Rennlist Member

Received 1,372 Likes on 514 Posts

I’d love to help but unfortunately my San Diego State Farm agent was not one I would recommend - unresponsive and difficult to deal with. So much so that I switched to a broker and am now with Pure for everything.
Old 02-02-2023, 07:58 PM
Goose 993
Pro

Received 242 Likes on 152 Posts

Curious what rate and terms you end up with.
Old 02-02-2023, 09:30 PM
asamuel302
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm located down in Chula Vista, and I have a pretty good agent at State Farm. I've been with him for over 7 years and he has been pretty good, pretty responsive, and easy to reach. I'll give you his contact info and you can check him out for yourself. His name is Mark Witcher, 619-656-4200, mark.witcher.ngkm@statefarm.com.

Good luck with your search!
Sam
Old 02-03-2023, 04:04 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 583 Likes on 370 Posts

I have an excellent Allstate agent in Oceanside if you want to consider getting other quotes. Allstate has given much better service and lower prices than I experienced with State Farm.
Old 02-03-2023, 04:05 PM
Goose 993
Pro

Received 242 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by pirahna
I have an excellent Allstate agent in Oceanside if you want to consider getting other quotes. Allstate has given much better service and lower prices than I experienced with State Farm.
Im in oceanside! pm me their info if you don’t mind.
Old 02-04-2023, 03:33 PM
tbil
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Eric, I've been with Kristin Francy as my statefarm agent for more than 20 yrs. Happy with the service.

Quick Reply: State Farm agent in San Diego