Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Waldemar Mueller Frankfurt Germany

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2024, 03:21 PM
M3lbourne
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How did you place the order? I tried emailing and messaging on IG and never got a reply.

Originally Posted by Zed.
Worth the wait
Old 01-06-2024, 11:37 PM
BOBOYDDS
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

@imdvs waiting since 2022? I ready another member got his (11Quarts) and took 10-11 months. Anyways, I tried for months to get a response and never did. Was able to see on IG that he read message but never responded.
Old 01-07-2024, 10:41 AM
imdvs
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 24 Posts

I was able to reach him through Instagram. I finally received my seats after 11 months. Long wait but worth it.
Old 01-07-2024, 03:33 PM
Zed.
Rennlist Member

Received 308 Likes on 133 Posts

Try Instagram. I used email 993turboseats@gmail.com The order and confirmation will need to be email. He has a protocol for deposit. He is a one man shop, you get it when you get it. But you do get it. Very high quality product.
Old 02-19-2024, 06:39 PM
Freednuts
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered seats in may of 2023 from waldemar. I feel like I’m getting the run around. Zero updates. Super slow response via instagram. I Have to send the message 2-3x over weeks to get a response. Last few messages I’ve sent. He hasn’t responded. I just emailed again.

any ideas?
The following users liked this post:
rdad993 (03-20-2024)
Old 02-19-2024, 08:15 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Freednuts
I ordered seats in may of 2023 from waldemar. I feel like I’m getting the run around. Zero updates. Super slow response via instagram. I Have to send the message 2-3x over weeks to get a response. Last few messages I’ve sent. He hasn’t responded. I just emailed again.

any ideas?
He will get to responding, and you will get your seats, unfortunately it seems his communication skills are very sub par, but he does deliver in the end , so don't worry about your $$$ .
Old 02-19-2024, 09:16 PM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 106 Posts

I purchased mine from Rudy (RIP) after he commissioned them from Walldemar. I seem to be in the minority, but these were sold to me as indistinguishable from factory seats and that couldn't be further from the truth, in my opinion.

The switches were wired completely wrong and had to be redone (up was left, down was right, forward was backward, etc.) The leather is not OEM quality. The center cushion fits very poorly and has an unevenly curved top shape.There was NO lube on the rails and they are still horribly stiff. You have to push with your feet to get the seat to adjust fully back using the electric power. The tilt releases don't stay secured.

I do not recommend these seats to anyone. It's worth the premium to buy factory seats and if you must, have them recovered by a local pro. If anyone is considering ordering a set, I'd be happy to FaceTime with you through the issues on my seats.
Old 02-20-2024, 10:26 AM
E30M3
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tjb616
I purchased mine from Rudy (RIP) after he commissioned them from Walldemar. I seem to be in the minority, but these were sold to me as indistinguishable from factory seats and that couldn't be further from the truth, in my opinion.

The switches were wired completely wrong and had to be redone (up was left, down was right, forward was backward, etc.) The leather is not OEM quality. The center cushion fits very poorly and has an unevenly curved top shape.There was NO lube on the rails and they are still horribly stiff. You have to push with your feet to get the seat to adjust fully back using the electric power. The tilt releases don't stay secured.

I do not recommend these seats to anyone. It's worth the premium to buy factory seats and if you must, have them recovered by a local pro. If anyone is considering ordering a set, I'd be happy to FaceTime with you through the issues on my seats.
Interesting. I always wondered how "true" to the factory form these seats really were as I have yet to see one in person.
Old 02-20-2024, 12:14 PM
PRSWILL
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by tjb616

You seem to be in the minority on this- how long ago were these made? Maybe early run seats?
Old 03-19-2024, 11:59 AM
Strimdog
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 60 Posts

Was just notified by Waldemar that mine are ready! Ordered late Feb 2023 so took about a year. Well worth the wait. I have seen 3-4 sets of these and they are spectacular. Sorry to hear about the set purchased from Rudy. That is well outside the norm. You have to be patient when ordering from Waldemar but the wait is worth it.
The following 2 users liked this post by Strimdog:
993.Coupe (03-19-2024), imdvs (03-19-2024)
Old 03-19-2024, 01:38 PM
imdvs
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 24 Posts

Beautiful seats, identical to the ones I bought from Waldemar. My order took nearly a year as well.

The following users liked this post:
Strimdog (03-20-2024)
Old 03-19-2024, 01:51 PM
jay@EZimmoblock.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 379 Likes on 224 Posts

They do look great. My only complaint after 20k miles is that the seat leather on the driver side is getting bagged out. I thought at first that the material was just a little thinner than OE (and it may be) , but someone commented a while back that in the earlier seats the the foam he was using (or re-using) was deteriorating, and that it had been addressed in the newer seats. I may take mine to a local trim shop to see if they can update the foam padding.

Last edited by jay@EZimmoblock.com; 03-19-2024 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-20-2024, 02:55 PM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 126 Likes on 94 Posts

I purchased a set from Waldemar a few years ago. They are more than decent IMHO, however I must concur with some other folks on here - after a while the seats were looking a little baggy. As I understand it, Waldemar was reusing old foams because he could not get new ones. Supposedly that has now been addressed. I took the seats to my local Porsche interior guy and he redid the foams and rectified the bagginess as much as he could (stating "I took chicken **** and made chicken soup out of it").

OE seats are $$$$. Recent sales on BAT and similar confirms that. For $7,000 or so, you can get 90% or so there with Waldemar. Your choice.
Old 03-20-2024, 03:08 PM
jay@EZimmoblock.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 379 Likes on 224 Posts

Do you have any before/after pics of the seat? Just wondering if it's worth doing.
Old 03-20-2024, 10:47 PM
Strimdog
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by imdvs
Beautiful seats, identical to the ones I bought from Waldemar. My order took nearly a year as well.

These look great! I'm super excited!

Quick Reply: Waldemar Mueller Frankfurt Germany