Sponsored by: DashLynx

Asking audio guys about options..

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2024, 07:06 PM
cheez80
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by sbsurfer
Im leaving the stock grills in the doors bc I like the look but behind that will be upgraded. Here’s what my buddy recently did to another 993 and I’m following in similar suit with my audio upgrade.

Sweet! This is close what I've done to my car -- Audison Voce tweet in the factory location, and a matching Voce mid and a Hybrid Audio 6.5 midbass on one-off baffles in the factory door area. I had the doors deadened when the speakers went in, with an Audison 5-ch under the driver's seat (barely fits), with 4 channels bridged for the midbass, and a Helix P6 Ultimate doing DSP duties and powering the tweets, mids, and rear fill. The rest of the car got deadened when an RS carpet kit went in. Honestly, even without a sub, this setup sounds pretty great -- good dynamics, surprising amount of clean, punchy bass (the midbasses can be driven pretty low), and this is before full EQ tuning. The only thing the DSP is doing right now is time alignment -- I'm waiting on a sub box for the rear seat area before diving head-first into the tune, so there are probably some more tonality gains to be had there.

Either way, I don't believe the car is a bad platform for audio -- of course, if you're doing sound quality or SPL competitions, something else with a deeper dash will serve you way better, but I think it's possible to have very good sound in this car if your install and equipment choice is considered.

Door setup:

Helix under passenger's seat, Audison on the other side:

Interior with Helix Director controller and a big screen Pioneer POS:

Last edited by cheez80; 02-22-2024 at 07:09 PM. Reason: add a photo or two
The following users liked this post:
sbsurfer (02-22-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 01:16 AM
DocTock993
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

In ~2010 I had Focal 3-way installed in the front door HiFi panels with the cross-over tucked into the empty space under the door arm rest. Look remains completely stock, albeit different tweeter "warts" on the upper door.
I have Rod Birch sourced subs in the rear footwells & a pair of JLAudio Amps hidden under a rear-seat delete.
The Alpine head unit is minimal intrusion visually and runs an ancient iPod nano.
It could use a re-tune but realistically, I'm paying more attention to driving, especially around the other distracted drivers these days to care.

Also, I really agree that the car could use sound deadening and a good sound mapping if you want great audio performance.
But, these cars also create a symphony of their own, and Im finding, while re-learning a manual, especially with a new MWF, hearing the engine is taking priority.

Last edited by DocTock993; 02-25-2024 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Added image
The following users liked this post:
sbsurfer (02-23-2024)

Quick Reply: Asking audio guys about options..