Sponsored by: DashLynx

Pss9 worth it or not follow up + fab exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 12:24 AM
winsome
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Pss9 worth it or not follow up + fab exhaust

To you all kind soul who have given me advice on the pss9.....

My baby is now back after the installation and.....wow.....the ride is much better then my old combo (eibach+HD), very surprising as I expected crushing ride (current setting on 4) and flat and stable cornering.....I improvement is so much more I don't know what to say. Even for street use it is not an overkill at all. Its really is a must have.....I guess mix and match can never be better then something developed as a system. Thank you for the comments guys.

At the same time of my installation my mechanic was suppose to install a set of equal length header but it belongs to be a different version so it didn't fit. But he fitted the Fabspeed maxflo for me to try out...(free trial, pretty good hah) and the sound is definitly an improvement over my cargraphic. Its about 20-30% louder and Throatier as well, the finishing is light year ahead of the old one. the Cargraphic is history.

Shall post up my new and improved 993.

ThX
Old 03-25-2005, 03:20 AM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Enjoy the PSS9s! I love mine for the adustability they provide. To me, that alone is worth the price difference from the HDs.

Old 03-25-2005, 08:10 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

I told you it would be like that. Good move. I love mine and the ability to adjust is terrific. I can't imagine anything less. I have had mine at 3-4 and now are set at 5. I liked them better stiffer. A little more of the 'On Rails' feel at stiffer setting. Will change again soon but want to have good seat time at this setting so I really know the difference. This setting is more comfortable than stock.
Have a Good Friday.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:41 AM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

How hard is it to adjust the PSS9s? Do you have to have the car on a lift? The more I read about this the more I am getting pulled to the PSS9 side rather than the HD+H&R setup...not that much more $$ and if people think it is streetable then I could definitely live with it....

Hey Randy--where did you get your PSS9s installed? I'm wondering where I should go when I finally drop off the slippery slope...
Old 03-25-2005, 12:02 PM
winsome
Instructor

Hi Cole,
Unless you have a really tight budget otherwise go straight to pss9. Heard good things about H&R+HD but pss9 gives you much more flexiblity. And the ride is really good for such high peformance setup.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:07 PM
johnwelch
Advanced

I'm currently pricing out HD/Eibach. How much more were the PSS9s. Do you mind telling me the price you paid?
Old 03-25-2005, 12:08 PM
c4bliss
Racer

winsome, congrats! I just installed my PSS9 set and sways, and like you, am totally amazed at the difference in the ride. i am also set at 4 and even the boss isn't complaining about the ride. And handling wise, there is just no comparision! Conrgats!
Old 03-25-2005, 12:51 PM
TroyN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ventoGT
How hard is it to adjust the PSS9s? Do you have to have the car on a lift?
You can adjust them by feel with the car on the ground, and double-check the setting by using a mirror. It's easier if you lift the car, especially for the fronts, but not difficult to do on-the-fly. If you use some bright paint or nail polish to highlight the markings it's better since the numbers are not terribly easy to see with the mirror method.

Get them, they're nice.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:38 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I crank the front wheels out to help the access but it's really easy. You don't need to see the **** unless you're fingers are numb. I just turn them fully in both directions then set them in the middle. It's close enough for street useage. I fully tighten the rears(counter-clockwise) for track use, but always leave the fronts set in the middle. Remember when you're lying there upside down it's "righty-tighty, lefty-loosey"

Quick Reply: Pss9 worth it or not follow up + fab exhaust