Sponsored by: DashLynx

MISS MY BABY

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 06:17 PM
Kristoffer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy MISS MY BABY

Well I have 1 day left of the month I have spent in Italy for the Olympics & driving in Italy has really made me miss my car!!! I have read many a post about how great the highways (Autostrade) are here but I didn't truly understand how much better they really are until I was draging along in a P.O.S Fiat with all of the BMW, Porsche, etc flying by in the left lane. Besides the fact that they understand the left lane is for passing (HINT HINT), and speed limits are only a suggestion (a starting point if you will ) BTW I have never seen a Polizia on the HWY which includes driving from Milan-Florence-Rome-Venice-Torino. The HWYs were never really over congested (Rush hour can get bad anywhere) When they were straight there was beautiful country side to see & when they were winding... Well lets just say next time I return I will have to factor in the cost to rent a Porsche into the cost of my trip
Old 02-24-2006, 07:16 PM
gordo993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What brings you to the Games? Spectator? Competitor?
Old 02-25-2006, 01:41 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Kristoffer!

NMext time when you're there and rent a Porsche, drive to Genoa, driving in the city is not fun but the last few miles going in there, there this few miles section that's two lanes in one direction and concrete barriers on both side (so no other traffic) and it's 300 yards straight, left hand turn, 300 yards straight right turn etc. etc.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:31 PM
Kristoffer
Pro

Originally Posted by gordo993
What brings you to the Games? Competitor?
No nothing that exciting!! I work for NBC Sports, I was covering SnowBoarding. 3 Golds, 3 Silver & 1 Bronze but whos counting

I leave my hotel at 4:30 am (10:30pm EST) & get home 21 hrs later (7:30PM EST) I love Italy but I've never been so excited about a 21hr travel before.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:15 PM
Brave Heart
Racer

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Hey Kristoffer!

NMext time when you're there and rent a Porsche, drive to Genoa, driving in the city is not fun but the last few miles going in there, there this few miles section that's two lanes in one direction and concrete barriers on both side (so no other traffic) and it's 300 yards straight, left hand turn, 300 yards straight right turn etc. etc.
THE best road is the Grand Corniche from Cannes into San Remo or further down the autostrada del sol -- You drive on elevated rpads and through many mountain tunnels -- Apart from the retina overload between bright sunshine and dark tunnels - The sound in the tunnels is phenominal - since very second car is F or P car

Quick Reply: MISS MY BABY