Sponsored by: DashLynx

How much to paint seatbacks???

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 08:02 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts
Default How much to paint seatbacks???

I finally received my 2nd of two Recaro A8s and am looking to get the backs painted polar silver. The backs are pretty similar to the factory sport seats, so for those of you that have had them painted, about how much did you pay?
Old 06-15-2006, 03:39 AM
mcuozzo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had eric at www.bumperplugs.com do mine. I think they were about $500 shipped. Just drop him and e-mail. The workmanship was top notch and customer service was excellent.

Now if I could just find time to install the seats!!!

Matt
Old 06-15-2006, 12:38 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by mcuozzo
I had eric at www.bumperplugs.com do mine. I think they were about $500 shipped. Just drop him and e-mail. The workmanship was top notch and customer service was excellent.

Now if I could just find time to install the seats!!!

Matt
Thanks Matt, just dropped him a line. BTW, here's what the seatbacks look like now. The black one is pretty much brand new, but the silver one is pretty hammered. It's got a bunch of scratches and even some gouges out of the paint (they don't go down to the plastic though as far as I can tell). I don't know what to do to prep it. I'd love to somehow strip the paint off of it, but I'm afraid I might ruin it in the process.

Old 06-15-2006, 12:49 PM
c993k
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Once you have the pad and leather off just take it to any good bodyshop, they should be able to prep and paint for about $300-400
If you prep them yourself it would be even less. It's not hard at all, just takes time.
Chris
Old 06-15-2006, 01:03 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by c993k
Once you have the pad and leather off just take it to any good bodyshop, they should be able to prep and paint for about $300-400
If you prep them yourself it would be even less. It's not hard at all, just takes time.
Chris

I agree have a body shop do the prep and paint unless you know what you are doing. chances are they will go behind you anyway. Sometimes for the optimal finish it's better to have a pro do the work. I farm out all my paint work. I just do the wet sand and buff. Hope this helps.

Mike

Quick Reply: How much to paint seatbacks???