Help with Fan Belt warning light

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 12:18 AM
Droops83
Three Wheelin'

Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
Steve,

Uhhhhh, not every multiple belt car has had an idiot light. There was actually a time when gauges were enough, amongst other indicators. Idiot lights are pretty though!
Steve, is right, on the old cars you had the alt light, plus on the pre-964 cars the fan is loud so even if you didn't hear the belt snap, you'd probably notice the lack of fan noise. Well unless your exhaust is really loud or something . . .

BTW Steve did u end up verifying that the control module was the root of your pesky little problem? Also I think I saw your car at the PMNA open house last week. Looked and sounded real nice. Too bad I didn't see you there. BTW what sort of exhaust is it running?

---

Chris Andropoulos
Schneider Autohaus
Santa Barbara, CA
Old 11-18-2006, 12:23 AM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Chris,

Dang... I wish you had found me... I'd like to meet you. The problems was as you suspected... the ICM, but I decided to just get an RS pulley and forget about that sensor light.

Rufus has Ruf 100 cell race cats and muffler bypasses. This makes the Ruf cams are very obvious.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:50 AM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brucec59
The light will stay out. The way the thing works is this: when the belt goes bye-bye, the wheel drops to the right, opening the circuit. Holding the wheel to the left will keep the switch closed.
Exactly.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:55 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Droops83
Steve, is right, on the old cars you had the alt light, plus on the pre-964 cars the fan is loud so even if you didn't hear the belt snap, you'd probably notice the lack of fan noise. Well unless your exhaust is really loud or something . . .
---

Chris Andropoulos
Schneider Autohaus
Santa Barbara, CA
My point exactly. NO belt tensioner idiot light...."gauges, amongst other indicators", as I posted.
Old 04-12-2024, 09:42 PM
ToasterThief
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 100 Posts

Bumping this. Does it make more sense to oil the sender or to replace the sender If it starts squeaking?
Old 04-12-2024, 09:56 PM
ShdwFx
Rennlist Member

Received 218 Likes on 158 Posts

Just spray some light lubricant on the sensor wheel shaft. My belt sensor wheel was squealing one day so I sprayed some Tri-flow(?) on it and it hasn't squealed since which was over 10 yrs ago.

Quick Reply: Help with Fan Belt warning light