Sponsored by: DashLynx

303 aerospace "cleaner"

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 01:38 AM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 303 aerospace "cleaner"

After reading all the blurbs, both here and elsewhere, about how great "303 aerospace - *" is ...I splashed out and got a gallon each of 'cleaner' and 'protectant'.

This Friday, evening, after work ...I made my first attempt at cleaning the engine.

Boyz-o-boyz-o-boyz. I'm impressed. I used a 20-to-1 dilution to clean the car with a sponge and used the remainder (in my bucket) to clean/de-grease/de-skankify the engine with a nylon scrubbing brush. This was my FIRST attempt at cleaning the engine - so I definitely missed a multitude of nooks-n-crannies - and will probably have to do it again -- probably twice more -- just to get it REALLY spik-n-span -- BUTTTTTTT -- the difference -- after I'd hosed everything down -- was VERY noticeable. The GREAT thing about this stuff is that it's NOT a solvent (like carbon-tetrachloride or acetone or xylene) nor is it caustic. It seems to clean the ick off rubber as easily as it brings metals back to shiney-life.

I think most of us have "shy'd away" from cleaning the engine coz it seems to be too much of a big deal -- or we think we're gonna mess some of the electrics up -- but after using this 303-CLEANER -- I'm a believer.

After I've totally deskanified the engine area I'll tackle the trunk. Then after the trunk -- off come the wheels so I can so the INSIDES of the wheels and the general 'undercarriage area'.

Then I'll "re-do" all those areas with the 303-'protectant'.

Well, the whole weekend is shot here in the NY area ...what with this weather system ...so I gots nuffin' else to do!

Latah,

G.

P.S. Oh yeah, a gallon of EACH ....approx $50 on ...ebay!
Old 06-24-2006, 02:37 AM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts

FYI. They're running a special at autogeek. http://www.autogeek.net/303aecl.html
No affiliation blah blah blah.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:02 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

Sometimes I think it would be easier to construct a 1,000 gallon holding tank, fill it with 303, and then simply drive the 993 through it every so often.

I use the stuff everywhere.

Andreas
Old 06-25-2006, 12:03 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also use the 303 protectant for all vinyl and textured plastic surfaces. It seems to work very well, doesn't attract too much dust, and isn't nearly as shiny as Armor All or some of the others.

I like Plexus for the shiny plastic and CF bits.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:13 AM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Anir
I also use the 303 protectant for all vinyl and textured plastic surfaces. It seems to work very well, doesn't attract too much dust, and isn't nearly as shiny as Armor All or some of the others.

I like Plexus for the shiny plastic and CF bits.
I believe Armorall contains 'formaldehyde' (the stuff they keep medical experiments in). This will, over time, totally ruin your vinyl/trim. Everyone I know says "keep away from armorall" ...unless your ride is a junker and you need to 'spruce it up QUICKLY' ...before you sell it.

G.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:48 PM
gjtrek
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW the Aerospace Fabric/Carpet cleaner is the same as the "Cleaner" but it is avialable in a smaller sized container, at lesser cost, obviously. This stuff works great!!

Quick Reply: 303 aerospace "cleaner"