Sponsored by: DashLynx

Bizzare Murcielago Accident : eye-witness & Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 12:41 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by CP
I am quite baffled to learned that I have made a mistake. In fact, I did not have the description of the driver when I first typed my post. I added that, and many other details, before I posted. I meant no malice. I would like someone to point out one judgemental, blatantly generic, derogatory description in my original post. I described what I saw. If that was a mistake, then all the reporters who reported high homicide rates in Oakland, Richmond, East Palo Alto, etc. etc. are all mistaken, and need to step up to the plate to retract the locations of the crimes, the descriptions of the victims and the perpetrators.

I am fully aware that some people are very sensitive to certain things and circumstances. But it's like allergy, I don't feel the responsibility to avoid every body's allergy around me. I trust people who know me personally would know if I am a biggot at heart.

I don't intend to make this thread a p***ing contest, and this is my last post on the subject. If the moderators feel they should delete or lock this thread, please feel free.

CP
Powerfully stated, Pong.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:23 AM
obchuck
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes well done Chuck - back to the subject at hand!
Old 07-17-2006, 02:08 AM
RT7
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JustAnotherRed993
Wow...you asians sure don't like black people do you?
You're out of line fool!!
Old 07-17-2006, 02:52 AM
jtpsocal
Instructor

Since I'm white I can safely say this...If someone had said "Some white chick (drunk) backed into a Merci with her Merc" no one of any color would have had any issues with the statement...and I'll gather that most of us would have agreed she deserved whatever the law has coming to her.....justanotherred993...please post on a Yahoo message board where you can troll away......
Old 07-17-2006, 03:10 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"...african-american female..."

Do really know that she is "american"? how do we know she is not from Canada, Europe or elsewhere? And how can we be 100% sure that her ancestors came from Africa? Or that she is even female for that matter (you never know these days)?!?!

Pulling the racist card in an otherwise innocent post is silly, esp the poster with the "...all you Asians..." remark, which IMHO is a blatant generalization and a racist remark in itself...and also the use of the term "black people" is frowned upon in come circles....talk about being a hypocrite. You seem to be looking a for racism in every statement or remark, whether innocent or not. At least you didn't say "oriental" .

Pong, I don't know you personally but as far as I'm concerned you have nothing to apologize for.

(full disclosure, I am "asian")
Old 07-17-2006, 03:18 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by X2Board
.............I may be wrong, but if the driver had been caucasian or asian without the cauc I don't think it would have been included, and yes, that has been my experience....X2
I bet if the race of the driver was asian and the fact that she was female, it would have been included and then we would have the "all asian women driving mercedes/bmw are bad drivers.." generalization

(btw not "all" but I would be hard pressed to argue against "a substantial portion"...)
Old 07-17-2006, 03:27 AM
mnmblu2
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jtpsocal
Since I'm white I can safely say this...If someone had said "Some white chick (drunk) backed into a Merci with her Merc" no one of any color would have had any issues with the statement...and I'll gather that most of us would have agreed she deserved whatever the law has coming to her.....justanotherred993...please post on a Yahoo message board where you can troll away......
This is sooo true.

I don't post on this forum too often anymore. Reading this thread is a clear indication as to why I don't. In fact, I had to re-register because I forgot my password... So this will appear to be my first post. However, mnmblu is not unknown around here. I was informed of this thread on my own forum, and followed the link here. I was not even going to read the thread but couldn't resist when one of my own was under fire here.

Here is my opinion... and I am entitiled.

This PC thing has been carried way too far in this society. Red993, get off your high horse and stop creating a problem where there was none. Maybe if he had used a negative adjective in his description, you may have had some ground to protest. I know Pong, and he is my friend. He is hardly racist, and happens to be a wonderful caring person.

I think this country has had enough of self-righteous, thought police sticking their noses and brandishing their plastic badges in our faces. It's just this type of witch hunting that diminishes our first amendment rights, can label people unjustly, and is tantamount to character assassination. You should be ashamed of yourself, especially after making the most racist comment of all.

You should stick with giving advice on insurance and stay away from being so judgemental of people and things you apparently know nothing about.

Last edited by mnmblu2; 07-17-2006 at 12:08 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:46 AM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 65 Posts

Can't we all just get along?

If not, can someone just lock this thread? It got stupid really fast.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:49 AM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

DAMN!!!! What the Hell happened here folks are you all fo reals? I know you all have better things to do than to trip off the description of the person who caused the unfortunate mis-hap.

Please you got to be real. That's why there's so much BS going on in this world. We all come from different parts of the world and are from different ethinic backgrounds but we have to get along. There's no place to go but here on Earth so get a clue.

I just want to say that I'm Asian and some of BEST Friends are African-American. My ex-girlfriend for 6yrs from High-School to College was African-American....... You Guys got to be fo'real!!!!!! I don't care what color or race you are, if you treat me right and fairly I will be your friend for LIFE!!!
Old 07-17-2006, 04:26 AM
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 24 Posts

Geez, did this thing get way out of hand. IMO, Pong was just stating the facts as he saw them and didn't do anything wrong.

Btw, I am Asian and, two of my closest friends are African American and another one is from Jamaica.

Ya mon, now let's get back to the topic, shall we?
Old 07-17-2006, 04:31 AM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 48 Posts

I'm Asain too..
Well, actually, that's not true.. But I do like Asian food..

Shabu-Shabu anyone?
Old 07-17-2006, 05:04 AM
SwissCarrera
Instructor

Originally Posted by tj90
This just confimrs that the upper middle class that can afford MB are just trash with a little bit of money.
Thats a good sweeping generalisation..................

How about if the those upper middle class people also have a p-car as well ? - are they still trash with a little bit of money - i'm just curious as i would like to know my "status"......
Old 07-17-2006, 08:19 AM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Received 656 Likes on 387 Posts

Gee, where is all the outrage and controversy about the driver being reported as a woman? The PC'ers forgot to imagine all the derogatory "woman driver" stereotypes that were implied, too!
C'mon, folks, shouldn't there be some sort of "Equality in PC" so that the lesser PC issues get equal billing?
Old 07-17-2006, 08:56 AM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I had to block the path of a people carrier that had just backed into a 964 and was then trying to drive off. I managed to get her number plate and pass it on to the owner. Some old dear backed into my wife's car and tried to drive off; I saw a nurse back into another car at the doctors. All of these events happened within the last month or two....
Old 07-17-2006, 09:07 AM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 317 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by SwissCarrera
Thats a good sweeping generalisation..................

How about if the those upper middle class people also have a p-car as well ? - are they still trash with a little bit of money - i'm just curious as i would like to know my "status"......

Well......I guess for the time being I'm TRASH too !!!
When I get my next 993 what will I be then?
RECYCLED TRASH??

Swiss Carrera, glad to know I'm not alone in the trash bin!!

JoAnne

Quick Reply: Bizzare Murcielago Accident : eye-witness & Pics