Sponsored by: DashLynx

Value of a 95 Ruf turbo with 15K miles?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by MonkeyBoy
I was told that the shop was Gulf Perfomance Center in Pompano Beach Florida where it received the country's first 993 BTR conversion (this is what I was told but he dropped enough names and phone numbers to verify that I believe it could be right). The car was featured in 95 or so as the cover story in Road and Track. The 420 HP wasn't enough for the owner so he had the Ruf turbo further modified or and tuned by Prototech which brought it up above 500HP at 1 bar. Again, what I was told.
He also said that there's a 1 inch scratch on the hood that he'd have to point out for me to see and he had one of doors repainted because it had a scratch when he bought it (possible keying).
Interesting - Gulf Performance built my 3.8 in late 2004 as they were FVD's shop at the time.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:30 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradford
Interesting - Gulf Performance built my 3.8 in late 2004 as they were FVD's shop at the time.
Very interesting indeed... Scott I was just thinking the same thing when I heard Gulf Performance. I wish there is a pic of the car... sounds pretty sweet so far though.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:06 PM
MonkeyBoy
Racer

The photos I have all have lots of identifying information about the owner and I want to wait until I figure out if I can afford it or if I decide to broker it out... so here are some cryptic ones. Hey, better than nothing. Unfortunately I still haven't received a photo of the engine. That's just a reflection of a lightpost in the rear window.
Attached Images   
Old 09-07-2006, 10:29 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Thanks... If everything checks out $50k would be a steal IMO.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:29 AM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am no expert on the RUF market or their product but this sounds like a crazy good deal. Am I nuts to think this car could be turned around for a profit of $20K or more? Is this too good to be true?
Monkey Boy (alway loved your avatar!), if it is even close to being a good one and you broker it, you'll be able to change your avatar name to Money Boy.
Having said that, there are others who have posted here who own and know RUF cars and don't seem to be as excited as I am. They either have better poker faces than me or this car is worth less than what I would have guessed.
Good luck with what you do. If it's real and in good shape, buy it and keep it forever.
chuck
Old 09-08-2006, 12:33 AM
MonkeyBoy
Racer

Originally Posted by csertich
Having said that, there are others who have posted here who own and know RUF cars and don't seem to be as excited as I am. They either have better poker faces than me or this car is worth less than what I would have guessed.
They seem a lot more excited in their private messages
Old 09-08-2006, 12:34 AM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Gotcha! Good luck with this. I'm excited too!
chuck
Old 09-08-2006, 01:02 AM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Both CP and myself own Ruf cars, we both think this is a steal at $50k. No poker faces here.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:06 AM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Steve is right. And the fact that we already own our babies mean that we are not too excited about this incredible find. However, for someone who is thinking about a 993tt, this is a no-brainer.

My advise: do not think of this car in terms of dollar value (or investment value). Thinks how much joy you will have owning and driving this car. Also, how often would you have a chance to find and buy this kind of car, for this price, or any price.

If I do not have my own BTR, this is a no-brainer for me.

CP
Old 09-08-2006, 01:08 AM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Steve-I absolutely agree that this is a steal and you know much more about these cars and their value than I ever will. I hope this car goes to a Rennlist member. At $50K, this is the only car I've seen since I bought mine that I would consider selling mine for and pick this one up. I can't wait to see how this ends up.
You and CP have such awesome cars and I covet those RUF's of yours, but I always knew a RUF would be out of my reach. And now this comes along. I will think about this car for a long time.
chuck
Old 09-08-2006, 09:53 AM
Stan_Gosfriend
Track Day

Originally Posted by csertich
Am I nuts to think this car could be turned around for a profit of $20K or more?
I would think maybe even double that and the new owner would still think it was a great deal. Cars like this simply DO NOT find their way to market. It's impossible enough to find a low mileage sunroof delete 993. One with great mods like this is a wet dream: Over 10% more horsepower than a GT2, 15K miles, sunroof delete, lack of OBDII issues and worries, this car is pretty much what everyone would love to bring to the track. I'd love to see the look on the faces of unsuspecting competition as they get spanked buy this totally unassuming vehicle.

Even the fact that it was featured on the cover of R&T gives some serious bragging rights - anyone here remember reading that issue, or better yet, can post the article?

Ruf
Old 09-08-2006, 10:03 AM
Stan_Gosfriend
Track Day

And by the way, monkeyboy, you have PM
Old 09-08-2006, 10:13 PM
bv shady
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would sell my mint 20k mile C2S in an instant to buy that car.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:51 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

So I'll ask a stupid question... Why is the seller set the asking price for this RUF so low? I realized that you don't usually get back what you put into the cars in terms of mods but this is not only about mods... this is a RUF, narrow body, rear wheel drive, etc.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:53 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Tony,

You certainly won't see me making that mistake.

CP

Quick Reply: Value of a 95 Ruf turbo with 15K miles?