Sponsored by: DashLynx

Value of a 95 Ruf turbo with 15K miles?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 11:54 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pong,

If I have a chance to own a RUF for $50k... I'll keep my 993TT and buy it now... cash!!! Perfect color combo too :-)
Old 09-09-2006, 12:31 AM
MonkeyBoy
Racer

The seller is the third owner - if I remember correctly, he's owned it for 6 years and has only driven it a few hundred miles a year. From what I gather, he's a very wealthy guy and he owns a chain of car dealerships. He knows what he has but he doesn't know how to sell it. It's been on his lot for a while and his dealership hasn't migrated to the web yet, so he's relying on walk in business which isn't going to work on a Ruf. When I spoke with him, he was bragging about the several thousand dollar stereo system when all any of us would want to listen to is the flat six. He know's it's a unique car but he just doesn't know his where to find his market. It looks like I'll be sharing the info with a Rennlister over the next few days. I was offered significant finder's fees by several well-known brokers but it looks like a Rennlister will have the first stab at it for a total bargain finder's fee.... and I'm sure he'll report on it if the deal goes through...
Old 09-09-2006, 02:52 PM
mborkow
Drifting

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...g=en&cardist=5
Old 09-09-2006, 06:39 PM
MonkeyBoy
Racer

That's it and I have a deposit on it.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:42 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Good for you, MonkeyBoy. It looks like a great car at a great price. I hope you find a way to keep it, or all else failing, make a nice profit and sell it to a west coast Rennlister! Congrats on your find. Be sure to post pictures and details when you have that beauty!
Old 09-09-2006, 06:44 PM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Please read the other thread on this car. There are some interesting bits in the history and it would be good to know.

Best of luck.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:51 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Stedge is right... the car (some serious research done by Rob) changes the value equation. MonkeyBoy... take a serious look at that other thread before you commit. Talk to Ruf Dallas about this, but it isn't a pure Ruf BTR anymore.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:59 PM
RutgersU
Racer

Originally Posted by ca993twin
Stedge is right... the car (some serious research done by Rob) changes the value equation. MonkeyBoy... take a serious look at that other thread before you commit. Talk to Ruf Dallas about this, but it isn't a pure Ruf BTR anymore.
It doesnt appear as though monkeyboy intends to buy it. He made certain he put a deposit on it so that he can then turn around and screw a rennlister for a finders fee. What a guy!
Old 09-09-2006, 07:05 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

From the other thread...it appears the original BTR conversion resulted in a blown engine. It was re-built as a Prototech Stage 1...serious doubt about its worth.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:08 PM
RutgersU
Racer

Originally Posted by DaveM993
From the other thread...it appears the original BTR conversion resulted in a blown engine. It was re-built as a Prototech Stage 1...serious doubt about its worth.
Let's see whether he honors his deposit or cries to get his money back.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:48 PM
MonkeyBoy
Racer

Actually you guys are wrong - I didn't take a deposit on it. Further, I just called the dealer to ask about the blown engine and learned that although I had given my credit card, someone from CT had made a deposit before mine with a different sales guy so my deposit wasn't good.

I wasn't looking to screw a rennlister either. I had an agreement with one that if he purchased the car, he'd throw a few bucks my way and I offered to even drive it out to him on the other side of the country. I turned down a WAY more significant offer by a well-known Porsche broker. The amount I would have made - and only after the purchase, was tiny
Old 09-09-2006, 07:52 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MonkeyBoy
That's it and I have a deposit on it.
Wow, I am totally confused.
Appears they were only wrong because they were mislead?
A lot happens in an hour I guess.

Going back to my weekend...
Good luck!

EDIT: Ah, now I get it! (see monkeyboy's post below)

Last edited by 92964cab; 09-09-2006 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:00 PM
MonkeyBoy
Racer

I was assuming that the deposit that john-'96 993 cab refered to was a deposit I TOOK on the car when he said "let's see whether he honors his deposit". Maybe I misunderstood and he meant the dealership. All I'm saying is that I never took a deposit on the car to sell it - I thought I had LEFTa deposit on it to purchase it but someone beat me to it.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:11 AM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

I hope who ever ends up with this car will not be disappointed... as for me I would be a tad nervous with all the non-doucumeted work that was done on the car. However with that said... best of luck to the new owner as I think it could be a bitchin deal.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:44 AM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Air Kuul TT
I hope who ever ends up with this car will not be disappointed... as for me I would be a tad nervous with all the non-doucumeted work that was done on the car. However with that said... best of luck to the new owner as I think it could be a bitchin deal.
Agreed. While I would have some big reservations about dropping that much coin on a car with "stories," the fact of the matter is, once sorted out that is an awesome car in what looks to be pretty good condition. If it's bought to be driven, it might not be such a bad deal.

Quick Reply: Value of a 95 Ruf turbo with 15K miles?