pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trickydisco
+1 ... but I admittedly have a bit of a short fuse for people who are
rude or bullies. I would then be in the wrong, but I would not be
able to stop myself.
No, you're not in the wrong in that situation imho. You're doing the guy a favor, teaching him a life lesson.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:03 PM
trickydisco
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

... or maybe i'm just easily seduced by killer quotes like:

Originally Posted by ZombiePorsche44
... there comes a time for being a gentleman and then there is a time for kicking ***.
ZP44

Old 09-19-2006, 05:45 PM
BS911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

I honestly believe that the world is filling up with idiots and jackasses because not enough people are telling them that they are idiots and jackasses.

So do the world a favor: Call someone a jackass today.

I think I just stumbled upon a new signature line for myself.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:54 PM
RT7
Burning Brakes

Sorry to hear about your mishap. That a-hole need some biatch slapping.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Originally Posted by BS911
I honestly believe that the world is filling up with idiots and jackasses because not enough people are telling them that they are idiots and jackasses.

Too late Brian... I already did that earlier today. But I do agree with you.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:47 PM
Michael Delaney
Racer

When I was about 21 I had just purchased a new 1968 Corvette. A friend and I were having breakfast and I had parked the car where I could see it and drool over it. This was at a point in my life where cars meant even more to me than now. A large station wagon pulled in next to the car and opened his door so hard against mine I could see my Corvette visibly move. I only saw red and ran out and jumped on the guys hood and was screaming at him through his windshield. He drove off as I jumped of the hood still beating on his car. I went back and finished breakfast in a restaurant that was totally silent for about fifteen minutes. I would guess that gentleman was much more careful in the future. I have always felt very good about that incident.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:34 PM
slapshot
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Paul you did the right thing. No question. In this day and age, despite all of our bellicose proclivities (and I love square off with a fellow during my hockey games as much as the next guy, but I always keep it on the ice) I find it best to not major in the minors, not escalate something beyond true immediate value. I am sure your indignance will fade as you get back into the fray of life. In LA I have seen guns drawn, 2X4's and pipes wielded over similar incidents. Just not worth it.

And beyond that, I am willing to bet this guy has not given it another thought. Not one, these kinds of fools rarely do. You should do what you need to do to satisfy yourself the wrong was righted, however, I would not give this clown the pleasure of taking up another minute of your time or life force. That is something money cannot ever replace. Just my $.02.

Glad the car is able to be reapaired without any value diminishing body/paint work! That's the win here!
Old 09-19-2006, 07:54 PM
Paulsha911
Racer

Originally Posted by slapshot
And beyond that, I am willing to bet this guy has not given it another thought. Not one, these kinds of fools rarely do. You should do what you need to do to satisfy yourself the wrong was righted, however, I would not give this clown the pleasure of taking up another minute of your time or life force. That is something money cannot ever replace. Just my $.02.

Glad the car is able to be reapaired without any value diminishing body/paint work! That's the win here!
Yeah, I agree. It also helped to let off some steam here and get some support from you guys. I'm going on a long business trip tomorrow and I need to get my mind focus on that.

I'll deal with this guy if Tom at Mathews Carlsen said it's more work that he thought.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:06 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

Odds are good that the next time he does that, it will be some gangstas car and they'll bust a cap in his butt!
Old 09-19-2006, 08:15 PM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 1,003 Likes on 534 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulsha911
I was getting a haircut in downtown Mountain View today (Imagine hair do shop on Villa St.) When I walked out, I found a black Jaguar backed into my car with his bumper sitting on top of mine, overlapping by about 4 inches.

The driver happens to be the husband of the salon's manager and I was later told that he is the owner of the salon. When he came out of his car, he took one glance at my bumper and proceeded to preach to me that "it's nothing". I looked at my bumper more closely and found there were a horizontal line of vertical scuff marks. They were very hard to see from more than 3 or 4 feet away but clearly visilble when you inspect it closely. There were also a black scuff mark.

When he saw me inspecting the bumper and clearly that I wasn't just going to let it go. He started raising his voice and now there were people starting to surround us on the street. Instead of just arguing with him, I asked for his driver license and insurance card. He started cursing at me and behaving fairly aggressively. His wife (the hair shop manager) came out at this point, and I took down his insurnace info.

He was still yelling, saying I don't deserve to drive a Porsche if I cannot take such a small thing. There is a puncture and lots of scratches all over the bumper of his fairly new car (obviously this guy is very wreckless in parallel parking). And he started accusing me that I am responsible for the those damages on his bumper. It took a lot of effort for me not to use force on this guy. I finished copying his insurance info at this point so I just drove away.

I took the car the Mathew Carlsen (renowned body shop who does all my work) immediately. Tom at Mathew inspected it. They have to buff some dust spect off of my spoiler in a few weeks (the buffing was never doen after I painted the fiberglss spoiler). Tom said he can take care of the front bumper while he is at it, at no charge.

So, while I am glad this didn't cause me any monetary damage. I am still mad as hell as that frigging jerk? What can I do? There is no monetary damage so it is useless to call his insurance company and file a claim.

I just filed a complaint on BBB on his hair shop business. But hair salon like this, I doubt that anyone would check BBB before going to a hair cut.

What else can I do? Is there a line to report bad driver? bad parker? aggressive off-car behavor?
Personally, I would go back and privately tell him that you were disappointed with his conduct over this and that it was unbusiness-like to treat a customer as he treated you.

I would then tell him that the body shop that you patronize was gracious enough to fix the scrapes at no charge so let's forget the whole thing.

That's taking the moral high ground and maybe, just maybe, he will see the wisdom of what you have done and apologize.

I would keep it very civil and be nice. If he still acts belligerent after that I would just leave. After all he doesn't need you to go where he is going given that type of attitude.

My guess is that he will tuck tail and apologize.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:36 PM
ARM993
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BS911

You hit the nail on the head with that one Brian. My favorite new line is "Be yourself, unless your a jerk". It is the title of chapter one in the book How To Act Like A CEO by Benton. A little light reading to supliment my Rennlist on-line education.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:38 PM
Michael Delaney
Racer

Originally Posted by Marv
Personally, I would go back and privately tell him that you were disappointed with his conduct over this and that it was unbusiness-like to treat a customer as he treated you.

I would then tell him that the body shop that you patronize was gracious enough to fix the scrapes at no charge so let's forget the whole thing.

That's taking the moral high ground and maybe, just maybe, he will see the wisdom of what you have done and apologize.

I would keep it very civil and be nice. If he still acts belligerent after that I would just leave. After all he doesn't need you to go where he is going given that type of attitude.

My guess is that he will tuck tail and apologize.
Marv, I'm sorry for what I posted before. You have shown me the error of my ways. Send him a box of chocolates and I'm sure he will never do it again. I will now remove notification of this subject before I say something really acidic, or possibly make a reference to your politics.

Quick Reply: Confrontation with the guy who backed into my parked C4S