Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How long was your search? First choice color?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 08:01 PM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 120 Posts

5 months, arctic silver, porsche dealer in germany.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:09 PM
avillena
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

12 months, Targas are hard to find specially Black on Black 6 speed.

Andrew
Old 10-26-2006, 09:44 PM
tj90
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I tried to keep my mind open and was trying to consider the "entire package" Adventura green 993 was available and it grew on me. I found the exterior color was not as important as the interior and exterior color coordination. I was lucky to find a comibation gray / black interior that compliments the green exterior. I like the gray since its so different than the black on all my other cars. It its harder to clean, but I typically dont drive the car when Im dirty, unless Im test driving after working on the car.

Make sure you look at the interior as well. Since the cars were ordered, there are many variations. If you are like me, you will find a COMBO that suits you. I like that about Porsche!
Old 10-26-2006, 10:22 PM
brucec59
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Over a year, on and off.

I wanted black, got metallic black, glad I did. I would have also taken SY or Riviera (?) Blue, but I knew those would command a premium.
I wanted under 60k miles, got 87k, saved big $$$.
Absolutely had to be black interior, coupe, manual, and local.

I passed up a very nice '95 silver/blue C4 for a very good price because I couldn't stand the interior color. The blue reminded me of my folks' '75 Chevy Caprice.

Last edited by brucec59; 10-27-2006 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:07 PM
Ed Burdell
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Academictech
After reading all of these responses, this writer is somewhat ashamed to post. But here goes. . Saw that 993 S at the Toronto Auto Show in January 1996 when I was 32 years old. Knew right then and there that the Porsche fund squirrled away since age eight was well worth it. Then graduate school came along, then post-graduate school, then marriage, then a house, then a daughter, then a son. Forty-two years old now. That Porsche fund is back to being a Porsche fund. That guards red 993 C4S with this writer's name to be printed on the title is out there somewhere. Ten years, 9 months and about 13 days. Good things do happen to good people, sometimes it just takes a little longer.
There's a certain amount of irrationality that enters into this - after all, we are talking about something other than brute transportation from point A to point B.
Normally, I overanalyze things to death (in this case, considering all kinds of sports cars, then all kinds of Porsches, then all years of 911's, right down to which year 993), but at the end of the day, emotion made the call.

Buy yourself a car. Sooner rather than later. Life's short; live well.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:58 PM
sigf
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

After two failed PPI's in 4 months, I got lucky and found a local speed yellow '95 C2 in excellent condition. Yellow is a great color on the 993 and it does turn heads any place I go. However, the 993 ride/exhaust note is so wonderful that I would recommend buying the first mechanically sound car and not worry about color. They all look nice. I've owned extremely modded & fast Audi S4's for years, and now regret not getting into a 993 sooner. You just don't ever want to turn the key off...
Old 10-27-2006, 05:57 PM
creator8
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

98 Targa Tip--White over black w/ 20k miles. Took less than a month--but I think I got lucky--right place at right time. I wanted a Tip and either a Targa or an S car, I wanted either white, silver or gray--considered black and dark blue but not in love with those. White was definitely my first choice. Also wanted lowish miles or at least very good condition with slightly more miles.

I missed four cars for sale that filled my bill in two weeks, but one dealer--Victory Motorcars--who had a car I missed had another car coming in--the one I bought. It was as advertised and basically now I've taken delivery as new. Its also a 98 which was appealing as a last year car--only 122 sold in the US!

I paid a few bucks more than I originally planned and over the prices of cars I had just missed but I think its worth it in the long run. Also I'll give a thumbs up for Robert Neal over at Victory Motorcars for a haggle and hassle free experience.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:31 PM
mborkow
Drifting

my car found me...i wasn't looking for one, and had decided i didn't want any more sports cars...oh well.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:34 PM
Burt Goodwin
Instructor

...about a month. I've always liked the combination of dark green ext., and tan interior for a sports car. Wonder of wonders, along comes Berkley (of this board) with a pristine '98 C2S, and that was that. I think this Forest Green Metallic special order is the only '98 coupe of this color in North America...
Old 10-27-2006, 07:39 PM
joseph12402
Track Day

Bought my first Porsche (993) two days ago. Looked everyday for about two or three months. Got the color I wanted (black with grey interior) cant wait to pick it up next week. Good luck
Old 10-27-2006, 11:04 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looked for almost one year. Definitely wanted silver exterior and red interior. Found it on Friday on autotrader.com, flew to Houston the next day and bought it. I'm glad I waited for the right one to come along.

Quick Reply: How long was your search? First choice color?