Sponsored by: DashLynx

an open apology

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 09:17 PM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wait, what did I miss?

Alan tried to poach some more rennlist members to his fledgling private board and the Rennlist faithful caught wind? Then Alan said some racist and over the top comments about the old guard (Alan and other's term, not mine) and Rennlist founders on said private board that obviously finds its way back to said old guard since they have 'friends' everywhere. Then Alan gets mad that his 'private' comments are made public showing him to be the true racist hatemonger that he is and he 'leaves' rennlist and tries to close his private club down too just because he can't take the hate that he actually causes. His buddies there beg and plead him to keep it open as it’s a 'true bastion of free loving Porsche people' not like the mean people here at Rennlist (although they keep posting here for some unknown reason). And like CFG and the losers at 6speed they keep their fledgling sites open as a testament to their ego stroking requirements. And then they threaten to leave Rennlist and take all their crappy photochopping artwork with them and roll up their picnic blankets and go home.

Then they leave.

Skip forward 3 months or so. They come back to Rennlist because they realize their fledgling sites with ten members aren't really enough to keep their egos stroked for eternity. They keep spamming the boards and stealing advertising space until another blowup happens. And then the spiral happens again.

Anyone see a pattern here?

And now M&M and others are gone. Gone for good? Who knows? Who cares?

And in the final chapter, me and Mike and Greg and Fill and Jimbob and Radar and DTR and DJ and Mark and a bunch of other people are always the bad guys and the racists. Hmmm. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
Old 11-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rick
I'm debating...it's a shame he drained coolant from the wrong car....but he's promised not to make the same mistake again.
Yeah, you should never let those aircooled guys work on your cooling system.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:47 PM
Jack of Hearts
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yikes. At the risk of getting embroiled in this unpleasantness, what was it that happened that got Joanne mad enough to retreat from this board?
Old 11-06-2006, 10:09 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks John D.! I, for one, appreciate your post.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Hey EJ, maybe we could persuade Viken to come back and keep the place tidy?

I remember watching the whole thing. Superficially, it don't make a lot of sense. There must have been some absurdly nasty PM's flying around because on the surface the issues didn't really support the level of emotion displayed.

As I remember it, Allan and a few like minded folks went off to Alan's site. I'd drop in there from time to time but there wasn't much action. I tried today but it seems locked down, perhaps for the reason EJ suggests.

The whole thing is kind of weird, what is true however, is that a lot of very good people left Rennlist. I miss them all.

Best,
Old 11-06-2006, 10:34 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, hadn't followed this one since my first post..........did the dookie hit the blades or not? WOW....a nice sounding thread originally, turns into a big ol' stinking pile o' crap.....and quick.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:34 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Henriksen
I'd like to apologize for the Texans drafting Mario Williams over Reggie Bush.
They drafted Mario Williams? I thought the Texans drafted Vince Young. No wonder we don't have a quarterback.

Jo Anne, there's plenty of room on the 997 board. Cmon over.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:45 PM
ed devinney
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts

absurdly
That pretty much sums it up.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:49 PM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Isn't there enough stress and BS @ work and life's little tortures? Porsches, driving & RL are supposed to be fun - give it a try.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:05 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don’t really understand half of this thread…probably because I’m just an immigrant with questionable control over the local language…anyway…even in the midst of all this nonsense, you can find pearls of good humor and subtle graciousness among chaos…

Is this a great place or what????

Hey Jo…see you at the 356 forum as usual!!!
Old 11-06-2006, 11:21 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by E. J. - 993 Alumni
Wait, what did I miss?

Alan tried to poach some more rennlist members to his fledgling private board and the Rennlist faithful caught wind? Then Alan said some racist and over the top comments about the old guard (Alan and other's term, not mine) and Rennlist founders on said private board that obviously finds its way back to said old guard since they have 'friends' everywhere. Then Alan gets mad that his 'private' comments are made public showing him to be the true racist hatemonger that he is and he 'leaves' rennlist and tries to close his private club down too just because he can't take the hate that he actually causes. His buddies there beg and plead him to keep it open as it’s a 'true bastion of free loving Porsche people' not like the mean people here at Rennlist (although they keep posting here for some unknown reason). And like CFG and the losers at 6speed they keep their fledgling sites open as a testament to their ego stroking requirements. And then they threaten to leave Rennlist and take all their crappy photochopping artwork with them and roll up their picnic blankets and go home.

Then they leave.

Skip forward 3 months or so. They come back to Rennlist because they realize their fledgling sites with ten members aren't really enough to keep their egos stroked for eternity. They keep spamming the boards and stealing advertising space until another blowup happens. And then the spiral happens again.

Anyone see a pattern here?

And now M&M and others are gone. Gone for good? Who knows? Who cares?

And in the final chapter, me and Mike and Greg and Fill and Jimbob and Radar and DTR and DJ and Mark and a bunch of other people are always the bad guys and the racists. Hmmm. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
I don't know you... you don't know me... but I gotta ask: What is your defect?
People are trying to move on and have some fun, why rain on the parade?
Sheesh, go kick your dog or something.

Thanks to all the folks trying to lighten things up... I was enjoying it!

EDIT: I just noticed my name was changed. Thanks Jenn, that was quick!
I am the RLer formerly known as 92964cab... but since I added to the stable I thought I'd go generic.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:23 PM
ARM993
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tony356993
Isn't there enough stress and BS @ work and life's little tortures? Porsches, driving & RL are supposed to be fun - give it a try.
+1

Still somewhat of a new guy around here, but it seems like there has to be an annual meltdown on the 993 board compared to the other boards. Maybe I just don't spend enough time on the others to notice. Maybe to Tony's point I spend too much time driving and working on the car as I missed all of this the last couple days.

Jo, I hope you don't stay away too long. You are needed around here to ballance us out. Hope to see you and a couple other Rennlisters at the Palooza next weekend in Arkansas.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:55 PM
N51
Rennlist Member

I agree with many comments here from people who disagree with each other. Rennlist is the tree and I only pick the apples most appealing. But the comment below is my favorite pick.

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
The whole thing is kind of weird, what is true however, is that a lot of very good people left Rennlist. I miss them all.
For those who enjoy the 993 forum, I'd suggest reading most threads from back to front. It's about the only way to guarantee a happy ending.

Noah
Old 11-07-2006, 12:58 AM
John Velasco
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes...
Old 11-07-2006, 12:59 AM
tj90
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow - I was not following this thread anymore cause i was tired of looking at the ugly mug pickle parade! Anyway - I hope you ******** get over this. I thought that the most debated issue on the board was the engine tray - boy, was I wrong!

I have a suggestion - after the socal tech session - all rennlisters go to the local watering hole and get a beer and relax.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: an open apology