PA 1000 alarm problems?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 05:22 PM
Oxford_Hippo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy PA 1000 alarm problems?

Hi,

having problems with a PA1000 r/c alarm system.

end of the journey, turn ignition off, get out, shut the door - press the raised remote button.

nice big clunk as door locks lock ,
but,
Door leds double flash evry second,
and after about 30 seconds the hazzard lighst start flashing .

so, used remote to unlock the door ( so I could double check all the doors were properly shut )
BUT
the hazzards flashed 6 times = the system signal that the ignition has been tampered with.

so,
presume some crossed wires somewhere.....
went round, opened & shut all doors, bonnet etc.

tried to arm system again
again......door double leds flash, and after 30 secoonds and the hazzards started flashing ( no alarm sound though )

third attempt to arm it - all fine

double leds isthe system warning that the ultrasonics have bneen disarmed - so that I think can eb solved,
but the hazzards is baffling me....

any ideas what could causing this.
previous owner recently had had new motherboard fitted.... ( within last 6 months I think )

THanks in advance for any help
T
Old 01-19-2007, 10:55 AM
sidned
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The fact that the hazard lights are flashing with no sound would indicate that the switch needs turning on the alarm module. You should have a small key that will fit into the keyhole of the alarm module in the left hand side of the engine bay. If you turn this, the alarm will sound with the lights.

With regards to the false activation, I understand that the glovebox and radio can trigger it, as well as doors, engine cover and front hood. Have you replaced the stereo recently, or is the glovebox not latched firmly? You could also check the contacts for the light switches in the engine bay and font luggage area.

Good luck. I live in Northampton if you are ever passing and would like to pop in.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:30 AM
Felix
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

In another thread you mentioned water in the car. Did the alarm module (under the driver's seat I think) get wet?

The manufacturer of the alarm for Porsche GB is http://www.hamilton-palmer.co.uk/

Quick Reply: PA 1000 alarm problems?