Sponsored by: DashLynx

What are these extra wires???

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 11:46 PM
black ice
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What are these extra wires???

I can't post a pic until tomorrow, but thought it would be so obvious to one of you (that take your engine out on a Saturday morning so you can detail your plug wires) that you'd just shout it out. So here goes.

I have an early 95 C2. Under the blower on the engine (over the left side heads) are three EXTRA pairs of wires with the typical black plugs on them. The car runs fine without them but I assume they aren't just extra. They come out of the same harness as the left side injector control wires.

Red, brown/red
Red/white, gray/white
red/white, green/white (I believe this might go to the cruise control module which has never worked, but I couldn't fit my fat hand between the manifold runners).

Thanks folks, happy Easter to those of you that celebrate.

Dave
Old 04-09-2007, 02:55 AM
grmnxtc
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your car (a 95) has had the engine recall harness work done, then there are extra wires in the harness that the 95 model doesn't use.

Can't remember them all, but one (set?) is the control for the Varioram stuff... course it's not on your car, but Porsche now uses a "generic" wire harness to use on all early and later model years...

I'm sure others know what all the wires are for...
Old 04-10-2007, 11:09 PM
black ice
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks. At least I can look for that in the wiring diagram now. Any other ideas folks?
Old 04-10-2007, 11:30 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by grmnxtc
If your car (a 95) has had the engine recall harness work done, then there are extra wires in the harness that the 95 model doesn't use.

Can't remember them all, but one (set?) is the control for the Varioram stuff... course it's not on your car, but Porsche now uses a "generic" wire harness to use on all early and later model years...

I'm sure others know what all the wires are for...

+1.

My 7/94 build 993 has the same mystery connectors. And my harness was replaced under the recall.

Andreas
Old 07-18-2007, 11:44 PM
hidden
Advanced

I have the same extra wires under the blower area. Today I noticed that the canister purge connector wasn't connected. Does anyone know which connector should be connected? Wire colors? Since I have the wiring harness recall I have no idea which one is suppose to be connected. Obviously only two of them can reach up that far. But I want to make sure I have the correct one. Pictures would be great if anyone has them.

Regards,
Dave
Old 07-18-2007, 11:58 PM
jnnking
Addict
Rennlist Member

I asked this same question last spring when I saw them. Here's the thread
Old 07-22-2007, 07:17 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had the same issue when I took out my engine... I could not remember disconnecting them.. but I had not .. OOuuuff not an age related moment

Quick Reply: What are these extra wires???