Sponsored by: DashLynx

I'm ticked off! My C4S damaged...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Butzi
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I'm ticked off! My C4S damaged...

As I was reading Rennlist, my wife leaves the house to pick up our daughter. I parked the C4S on the street directly in the path of the driveway, she pulls out the Lexus RX, the phone rings, I jokingly said, "You didn't hit my car, did you?" Thinking she was going to tell me something else...

"Yes, I totally whacked the rear. Oh my God, I'm sorry." I couldn't believe her. I walked to the front of the flat and there it was... I always park my car there, we drive out on the sidewalk. Oh, this will NOT be a good weekend for me.

I am so pissed, I can't even look out the window at it anymore, or go take photos... It looks like a narrow-body, actually, more like a Miata...

Divorce?

I'll post photos later, I'm going to cry in a beer, eventhough I don't have any i the house (what's wrong with me?)... At least I had not taken the time to detail it and put the stone guards on, they would have done no good. I guess I can finally get the passenger side door fixed so that it closes correctly.

Oh, the horror! THE HORROR!!!!!!!

Last edited by Butzi; 06-13-2007 at 08:03 PM. Reason: titular modification
Old 06-08-2007, 08:17 PM
AW21
Rennlist Member

So sorry to hear... That definitely hurts.

Accidents happen, just never know when and in what form. Take a breath... I"m sure it will be repaired nicely and life will go on...
Old 06-08-2007, 08:41 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

ouch. bad couple weeks for damaged 993s, seems like everyone's getting hit. Not to worry, that's what high-end body shops are for...
Old 06-08-2007, 08:41 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh noooo...sorry to hear that. believe me, I know the feeling. Mine is in the shop right now for rear bumper damage.

Find a competent body shop and she'll be as good as new.

Now go and drink some beers...
Old 06-08-2007, 08:46 PM
cesar
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife is next to me and I showed her this. She asked if I would be mad? ah.....yeah!!!

She said if it would be grounds for the big D. I said probably not, but that she would be buying and paying for a new 997!

Good luck with fixing, hope it comes out well. Keep us posted!

Cesar
Old 06-08-2007, 08:47 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was just installing my rock guards and I screwed one up so Im pissed as well. Well, not as pissed as you but what do you.

Grolsch is tasting good right now. It better for $3.50 a pint in in Utah liquor stores! Nothing better than a $21 six pack.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:09 PM
allill
Drifting

Jeff,

Sorry man. Worst part of this all is that your wife did it. Insurance probably deals with this type of accident all the time, good thing nobody was hurt. Hopefully your insurance adjuster takes care of this properly. Looks like there are some hard creases in the sheet metal which means you'd end up with some type of filler or bondo. I know it sounds harsh, but don't be afraid to get them to replace the metal just so that you are truly confident that the shape of each side match. The door might be easier to work, but they should respray it and as much of the car as possible. If you are a fan of the s-ducts in the rear quarters now is the time to do so.

If you want to take it down to the shop that did my car, let me know. Just be ready to wait, and wait, and wait. You've seen my car so you know the results are there, you just need to have the patience.

Too bad I've got plans with my gf tonight, otherwise this is a great reason to go to the strip club!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:10 PM
mingson
Advanced

Make sure they check the oil tank and make sure that is ok as that is whereis at.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:18 PM
jnor10
Instructor

seems like there is a rash of incidents going on with our cars. man, well, my condolences, I know how you feel. I'm going through similar circumstances at this moment as well.

I'm sure your wife feels horrible (she should) try to be easy on her, but this is a good time to leverage a multitude of "special benefits" for the anguish you are suffering. I can think of several ways to be consoled

Best of Luck,

Jeff
Old 06-08-2007, 09:23 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 126 Posts

While I know you guys are probably kidding, I still cannot believe that the "D" word even comes up in this context. Don't even kid about it- divorce ruins too many lives. Ask my buddy's kids...

Sorry for your misfortune- these things really suck. On the brighter side, Jeff's body shop looks like it did a spectacular job, so you should be able to be back to normal without a huge hassle.

Jeff, is that strip club called "the Body Shop"? Sorry, couldn't resist.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:23 PM
993polarsilver
Racer

With any luck, you"ll have your wife a lot longer than you"ll have your current 993. Forgive her now and you will have unlimited "slippery slope" credits down the road. I had a similar parking lot crunch, so I feel your pain. It will get better. Best of luck.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:29 PM
993James993
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

That bites... but it can and will be fixed. You do however had another problem that could become much more serious.

If I understand your post correctly, you parked your car in front of your driveway. Even if you do this all the time, it is not a good idea. In fact it is such a bad idea that I think you are as much to blame as she is. Furthermore, she thinks that too (if not now she will surely come to think so.)

If you value your peace of mind, your marriage and your car, you should consider accepting part of the blame and letting her off the hook. It's not worth the consequences if you don't. Who knows, that might be her car after the divorce and you could get the Lexus.

It won't hurt so much once it's fixed. Good luck!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:45 PM
allill
Drifting

Originally Posted by TomF

Jeff, is that strip club called "the Body Shop"? Sorry, couldn't resist.
As there are many strip clubs in the city to choose from, there isn't one named "the body shop". If memory serves me correctly, I do believe there is one by that name somewhere. We should ask that question in the "I'd hit it" thread.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:52 PM
porscheralph
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts

So where are the pictures of the damage to the Lexus??? I bet there was not much damage.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:54 PM
993James993
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The Body Shop was a strip club by DM Airforce base in Tucson in the 60's and 70's.

Quick Reply: I'm ticked off! My C4S damaged...