Body Shop Recommendations in Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 05:07 PM
rdurff
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Shop Recommendations in Seattle

Hi Folks,

Did a quick search but didn't turn up any obvious threads where this was discussed. Do those of you in Seattle have a recommendation for a high quality body shop?

We have a BMW 330ci in the family, and I dinged it backing into a parking spot in a building - d'oh! In any case, I'm expecting to have to do a complete repaint of the trunk lid once the ding has been worked out. Not a major deal, but I want it done right. I have heard some good things about Queen Anne Auto Rebuild.

Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks,
-Robert
Old 07-01-2007, 11:17 PM
rcwelch
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Robert.. .I am very satisfied with Eurotech Bodywerkes (www.eurotechbodywerkes.com ), talk to Mark. He did a fantastic job on my 993 and is well know by the local PCAers. Go check out his shop and work. They specialize in high end autos.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:58 AM
federal1910
AutoX

Hi Robert,

Eurotech may have been good in the "old days," but I was very disappointed with a very poor quality job they did on my 964 last year. Weeks late, came back with paint drips, unfastened trim, leaky seals, and even a new dent! I'd stay clear, keep looking. Sorry, I don't have a new suggestion.

Bert
Old 07-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts
Cool What I'd do is.....

Call Gred Fordahl @ FORDAHL MOTORSPORTS 2040 152nd Ave NE REDMOND, WA 98052 ...and see who they recommend.

Fordahl is a big Seattle PCA supporter and a great race prep shop.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:55 AM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 126 Posts

I have had nothing but great success with Mark at Eurotech. They take their time, but they are well worth the wait. I highly recommend them.

Bert, I am very sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with them- did you try to resolve the issues with Mark directly? Mark is a standup guy and has always gone out of his way to make things just right for me.

As to Queen Anne auto, they are extraordinarily expensive. I wasn't impressed with their work, either. I have an attorney buddy who represented a client who had to sue them after his $100k Cab wasn't repaired properly after more than a year... They really don't know Porsches. FYI
Old 07-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere

I've always heard good things about Eurotech. I've talked to Mark and he seems like a straight-up, knowledgeable guy.
The other big high-end player is Queen City in Redmond.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:21 PM
DFC4S
Racer

Queen City in Redmond was recommended by the local dealership. I didn't have any body work done; they just painted my turbo s ducts and they came out great - arctic paint match.

I notice they had a Lambo, bentley, and other porsches there being worked on... something to check out...
Old 07-03-2007, 02:25 AM
jnor10
Instructor

Sorry to hear of your bad experience Bert. I'm currently having my car done at Eurotech, so your post certainly caught my attention.

So far, the process has been very positive, but the car is not complete. All work to date has been photographed/documented. I feel really comfortable with Mark and concur with everyone else's comments regarding his character.

I'll let everyone know for sure when its done, the car is about one week out so I'm starting to get anxiuos to see the results.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:16 AM
rdurff
Advanced

Thanks to everyone who responded with the advice! Yes, I'll ask around locally too (taking my 993 in to Chris's on Monday for some work), but wanted to query my esteemed Rennlist colleagues first.

Cheers,
-Robert
Old 07-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Scooter92
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rdurff
Thanks to everyone who responded with the advice! Yes, I'll ask around locally too (taking my 993 in to Chris's on Monday for some work), but wanted to query my esteemed Rennlist colleagues first.

Cheers,
-Robert
Who's Chris?
Old 07-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere

Maybe Chris's German Auto Service, in Bellevue?
Old 07-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Scooter92
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Oh, I guess that makes sense.

Quick Reply: Body Shop Recommendations in Seattle