Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cabriolet Top Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 11:25 AM
993Dude
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cabriolet Top Help!

Today I brought the Cab to work and parked in the usual level spot.

I pulled up the hand brake and took off the top cover, but when I pushed the button to close the top - nothing happened. When I push the button to the down position I hear a click and i see the indicator lights dim slightly on the dash. Up does nothing - no noise - no dimming - nothing.

Any ideas guys?
Old 08-17-2007, 11:53 AM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Check the microswitch on the pass side rear speaker panel it may not be engaging properly. Or check the cables that hook into the top transmission to make sure they are connected and not just spinning. Is the ebrake light illuminating on the dash. these are good places to start. Hope this helps
Old 08-17-2007, 01:35 PM
Fred's 964
Racer

Has you cab controller ever been resoldered? After you check the items mentioned by Arena993, do a search on Cab problems, a lot written on the controller re-solder DYI. I have pix if you need them. I did mine on the 964 with no problems since. Mine would fail to operate while trying to put it up, just like yours. I did the whole adjustment, new microswitches, bolt tightening ordeal before I did the resolder. Saved me $1100 for a new one.
I assumed you put it up manually when it failed...I always check the arm positions to make sure they are still parallel when I re-connect the arms after a manual operation. Be careful, parts are expensive.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:57 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

If the micro switches check out ok, and as a preventive measure, check out this thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ht=control+box
Old 08-17-2007, 02:45 PM
993Dude
Advanced

Thanks guys. I will try some of these at home tonight. Right now the top is down out there in the parking lot. Sounds like putting it up manually may cause problems down the road. I just hope it doesn't rain!
Old 08-17-2007, 02:57 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

best to not operate... you could snap a control arm, etc if you force it to work w/ something out of adjustment... if nothin' is bound up you could attempt to put up manually. but i would go directly to a great top guy. 2¢

if the top has been working fine before, got a feeling it will be a micro-switch... i think there is a way to reset the top too, if it's been forced to bind up... i.e.: operated w/ boot on. (do a search as there was some stuff on the somewhere).

does your battery have a full charge?

bol

Quick Reply: Cabriolet Top Help!