Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Viper Bob - Not very responsive

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 05:41 PM
ssarchi
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No business for guys with communication problems..... vote with your pocketbooks....
Old 09-27-2007, 06:00 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ssarchi
No business for guys with communication problems..... vote with your pocketbooks....
As you did by not buying a RL membership? but wait... oh... umm... you're still here.. so.... nevermind.

Perhaps the check is in the mail.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:01 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by atan888
great guy but does have communication problems.
+1
My experience too.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:42 PM
melman911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

As you did by not buying a RL membership? but wait... oh... umm... you're still here.. so.... nevermind.
Ouch!
Old 09-28-2007, 09:02 AM
ssarchi
Burning Brakes

Saving my money for the right car- with all of you deep pocket folks out there, the prices are rising too fast.

Check is in the mail as soon as the car is on the truck...... I promise, I promise.....
Old 09-28-2007, 11:01 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

What's with all the beat down on "users" v. "members"? If the owner of this business makes a decision to let people register and basically use it freely, who am I tell someone he's second class?

Maybe only the people with '08 models should be allowed the highest access? Or just the 356 4-cammers? Or factory race car owners, and not even those mundane, mass-produced Cup cars...........

I've been around since Stan Hanks list, that's nearly 15 years. Maybe only those who can go back that far can be in "the club"?
Old 09-28-2007, 11:12 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts
Cool In the Big Picture...

if I have trouble reaching Viper Bob, I just think of all the free advice he has given me, and the money I have saved buying parts from Viper Bob.

Being that Viper Bob and Michael are now canodling, wouldn't it be nice if this potentially damaging (To Bob) post were to go away, be deleted? Just a thought.

Bottom line, I am pleased to read that all is well with Michael and Viper Bob, two (2) stand up guys, and personal friends I am fortunate to have.

Michael, when are you bringing that beast back to the track? I am thinking you should seriously think about Willow Springs with POC, coming up in December.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:23 AM
RutgersU
Racer

Originally Posted by race911
What's with all the beat down on "users" v. "members"? If the owner of this business makes a decision to let people register and basically use it freely, who am I tell someone he's second class?

Maybe only the people with '08 models should be allowed the highest access? Or just the 356 4-cammers? Or factory race car owners, and not even those mundane, mass-produced Cup cars...........

I've been around since Stan Hanks list, that's nearly 15 years. Maybe only those who can go back that far can be in "the club"?
Idiots are still idiots regardless of the fact that they gave John $17. Unfortunately for the board the $17 didnt come with social skills. Social mutants are everywhere. Rennlist isnt exempt.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:31 AM
FLA997
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
Being that Viper Bob and Michael are now canodling, wouldn't it be nice if this potentially damaging (To Bob) post were to go away, be deleted? Just a thought.
Agreed....
Old 09-28-2007, 11:44 AM
FlyYellow
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Bob is a class act! He has helped me numerous times and willingly offers a lot of free advice. I'm happy when i can buy things from him for all the help i've received.

On occassion he does get a bit burried, but which of us doesn't.

If your concern is about the safety of the money you spent: 0% chance that Bob will mislead or take advantage of you.

If your concern is that you need more help with the equipment: Call his shop, get through and let him know you need some help.

I will tell you that the next time you have a tough problem with your car - 100% probability that Bob will willingly offer you great advice even if he is 2500 miles away and stands nothing to gain and on top of it all he will spend a 1/2 hour with you to make sure you got it.

Just my experience with Bob...

Cheers,
Boris
Old 09-28-2007, 11:53 AM
jnnking
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AC993C2S
Agreed....
That would be a shame. Michael had a problem, spoke honestly about it and is updating the situation. Nobody is perfect. I've bought from Viper Bob and had no troubles. But to delete a post, when it's factual, it just wrong. We're all (well most) big boys here and can make own decisions.

Just my $0.02.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:55 AM
Randy 1
Racer

Uh, in terms of deleting the post...what's the harm of leaving it? Numerous members have reiterated that he has problems with keeping up communication. When I was shopping for parts, e-mails seeking pricing and availability went a few days unanswered. My anxiety level would have been a heck of a lot higher if I was $3500 into him.

I don't doubt VB is a great guy, and many have reiterated that he's a wellspring of knowledge once you have the parts in hand. He simply isn't great with post-sale communication. That's not a knock, that appears to be a fact. Deleting this post doesn't serve anyone, VB or potential buyers. You're just going to have more customers with unrealistic expectations.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:13 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by 993James993

If we are going to start removing the posts we don't like then I am going to insist that all the "white cars have better engines and more HP" threads be removed right along with the VB posts.

<<<<<Polar silver cars unite!!!! Down with white cars!!
Old 09-28-2007, 01:12 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by race911

"All of the beatdown"? One post? "Lighten up Francis" (<-- also, another joke, reference to a movie called "Stripes", starring Bill Murray, damn funny, IMO)

that one post, which, by the way, was sarcastic and meant to be a bit funny...

I just thought there was a large amount of irony in the "beatdown" he dropped in and gave to Viper Bob (a RL sponsor, btw) with the "vote with your wallet" comment...
So, your response seems kinda extreme to me. Didn't mean to poke a raw nerve.

Oh, and I agree with the other post, paying $17 for a membership doesn't cure idiocy. Lot's of proof of that every day

Back to the topic, I have heard/seen nothing but good things about Bob's contribution here and elsewhere. This is a good conversation and agree is a good use of this forum. Plus, it looks like a happy ending.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:43 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I was speaking big picture, as it seems pretty consistent that comments by non-members are dismissed or otherwise beat down by someone, somewhere, in a thread.

And, just being curious now, is anyone here from the Stan Hanks days? Or even know what happened to him. There's someone else we all owe a big thanks to!

Quick Reply: Viper Bob - Not very responsive