Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fuse 11....No interior lights, immobilizer issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 01:30 AM
95C4VanIsle
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuse 11....No interior lights, immobilizer issues

I had a recent front end respray on the car (Korvas in Vancouver-great job) and when I picked up the car I didn't notice at the time that the interior, dome, engine, trunk and glove box lights were no longer operable. Another odd thing was that if the car was locked and unlocked with the fob the car would start normally, but if the car was not locked, when I put the key in the ignition and tried to start the car the immobilizer would prevent the car from starting as per usual. But a second press on the fob would not allow the car to start, but would actually lock the doors with the usual blinking of flashers as if I had exited the car and locked it with the fob. A third press on the fob allowed the engine to start.

I did a search and found several things that could have occured to cause the problem (and they were numerous). As it turns out it was a blown fuse 11. Just thought I'd post this to help other newbies who are as electrically challenged as I am.

Bret
Old 03-26-2008, 07:55 AM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is interesting... I think I have the same symptoms if mine, but I assumed it was normal. In fact, I called the PO after I picked up the car and stopped for gas on the drive home because I couldn't get it started again. I had to push the immobilizer button to lock/unlock the doors again to get it going.

I hadn't noticed not having a dome light until last night... then again, I'm not sure that a cab has one at all, but I'll have to go take a look today.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:54 AM
WarpMan
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Patrick,
The dome light on Cabs is in the windshield frame between the sun visors.

Quick Reply: Fuse 11....No interior lights, immobilizer issues