Silver 993 Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 06:11 PM
spikej
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by orangecurry
You want arty?

Nice photo. Curious, do you have a pic of the car in focus and not the foreground? Like to see how it compares.
Old 05-18-2020, 06:19 PM
Sleepy996
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 56 Posts

Back when we had car events. DRT 2020

Old 05-18-2020, 06:34 PM
akrca4
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by akrca4
My 98 Arctic Silver C4S with PSS10.
Added Tramont wheels and some other mods since the PSS10...

Andy
The following users liked this post:
max911 (02-17-2022)
Old 05-23-2020, 09:58 PM
Gdub
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Have looked at your photograph with the reflection many times. It is unique. Thank's.
Old 05-24-2020, 05:47 PM
Jonttt
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 12 Posts

The following 2 users liked this post by Jonttt:
Cheekybird (08-22-2021), M. Schneider (06-14-2020)
Old 05-25-2020, 11:33 AM
Robert993TT
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Took the turbo out for a drive last weekend on some local country roads. The weather was not that nice, but it was still a beautiful day. Late spring in the south part of Sweden. Summer weather should soon arrive. Hopefully it will be a nice summer.
Old 05-25-2020, 01:20 PM
aircooledpurist
Pro

Received 220 Likes on 132 Posts

All these cars look perfect... like museum pieces. My car has low miles and looks great, but there are little things here and there that drive me crazy. Are all of your cars perfect examples, or are there minor flaws that are not showing up in these beautiful photos? I go back and forth on whether to fix all the little flaws, or leave the paint 100% original. There is a shop not far from me that is known for doing first rate restoration work. I'm talking bout a scratch on the rear bumper (hence a repaint), some scuffs on the drivers side rocker from getting in and out, a fine scratch on the driver's door handle from putting the key in obviously, a small scuff on the drivers side mirror, and I definitely need to replace the black gaskets on my door handles and the scratch guards that sitt in front of my rear wheels. If I had those things done my care would be closer to perfect.... like the ones I'm looking at in this thread.
Old 05-25-2020, 02:13 PM
Robert993TT
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aircooledpurist
All these cars look perfect... like museum pieces. My car has low miles and looks great, but there are little things here and there that drive me crazy. Are all of your cars perfect examples, or are there minor flaws that are not showing up in these beautiful photos? I go back and forth on whether to fix all the little flaws, or leave the paint 100% original. There is a shop not far from me that is known for doing first rate restoration work. I'm talking bout a scratch on the rear bumper (hence a repaint), some scuffs on the drivers side rocker from getting in and out, a fine scratch on the driver's door handle from putting the key in obviously, a small scuff on the drivers side mirror, and I definitely need to replace the black gaskets on my door handles and the scratch guards that sitt in front of my rear wheels. If I had those things done my care would be closer to perfect.... like the ones I'm looking at in this thread.
Do what makes you happy with your car. It’s not the whole world if you fix some if not all the flaws that disturb you. Sooner or later all cars need to be restored. Things happens when you use a car or just keep it stored. It’s just a question of when. Even a museum piece will need some touch up at some point. They restore paintings at museums all over the world to preserve them for future generations. Same things with buildings. As with cars, boats and airplanes.

Just don’t overdo it. Keep some of the patina as it is what makes your car interesting.
Old 05-25-2020, 02:33 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I agree with Robert993TT. When I first got my C4S 5 years ago, I wanted to fix everything that wasn't "perfect". But I focused on just the important things, and learned not to obsess over minor blemishes. To me, a 25 year old car with some minor blemishes has character. What I enjoy most about my car is the driving experience, and not having to worry about the possibility of a little road rash that is bound to happen sooner or later. I upgraded all the lights to LED (from Tore), which freshened up the car and made it easier to see at night. I replaced badly worn struts (the car had 100k miles on the originals) with Bilsteins, and lowered the car slightly. The front bumper had some crazing and blemishes, so I had it repaired and repainted. I removed the front bumperettes at the same time. Had the steering wheel recovered in nice leather. Now it is set up the way I can really enjoy it, and I don't worry about the minor paint chips or minor scratches. From 10 feet away it is a jewel to my eyes. Suggest you focus on things that improve the overall driving experience and not sweat the small stuff. Enjoy!
Old 05-25-2020, 03:12 PM
orangecurry
Burning Brakes

Received 382 Likes on 263 Posts

......hey! Have you stolen my car???

Photographs never show such imperfections.

Relax and enjoy your car
Old 05-25-2020, 06:07 PM
Cowtown10
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts

......hey! Have you stolen my car???

Photographs never show such imperfections.

Relax and enjoy your car
MY PATINA. My car is a driver and this stuff happens. Ill get it fixed and resprayed eventually but for now just enjoying driving. I might be a little more tweaked up if it was a real RS but its not

Ran over a Trash Panda that the truck in front of me struck. Zip tied the splitter back together

A bird flew into the car on the weekend...feathers everywhere.
Old 05-26-2020, 01:12 AM
aircooledpurist
Pro

Received 220 Likes on 132 Posts

LOL ! Thanks for all the responses. I've already done the Fister II's, the goldenrod with the ssk and a SW chip. Running great. It needs to get lowered, tires and a solid alignment. I'm going to send it up to Automobile Associates in Canton CT for some minor cosmetics. I don't see myself selling it so I might as well get some **** done.

The original owner only drove the car 17 thousand miles in 25 years, but he drove it with golf cleats from the 18th hole at the club to the bar. Trashed the drivers door sill, lol. Scuffed the rear bumper. But he changed the oil every 6 months and performed all other maintenance before it was due. I guess I'm lucky.
The following users liked this post:
dantonio (05-26-2020)
Old 05-26-2020, 06:07 AM
orangecurry
Burning Brakes

Perhaps what we need is a 'my car isn't perfect' photo thread
Old 05-26-2020, 06:21 AM
Railmaster.
Three Wheelin'

Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

Perhaps what we need is a 'my car isn't perfect' photo thread
Let's start one! I will take some pictures of my car as soon as it's back from the garage with repaired AC!
Old 05-26-2020, 06:53 AM
orangecurry
Burning Brakes

....some scuffs on the drivers side rocker from getting in and out, a fine scratch on the driver's door handle from putting the key in obviously, a small scuff on the drivers side mirror, and I definitely need to replace the black gaskets on my door handles.....

Quick Reply: Silver 993 Picture Thread