Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What does the alarm do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Sumtoc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an early model '95 with no imob or remote entry also. I "tested" this (accidentally) a couple of months back. The horn honks repeatedly, not sure if the lights flashed as it was daytime. Unlocked the door with the key and it stopped.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:29 PM
WarpMan
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kika
Oh yeah!

... once I pulled the latch to open the trunk, got out of the car, didn't open the trunk, locked the car with the remote, then came out and lifted the trunk lid.
Did the alarm horn "chirp" when you locked the car with the hood unlatched? It does on mine which is the alarm systems way of telling you everything's not locked up.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:45 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by WarpMan
Did the alarm horn "chirp" when you locked the car with the hood unlatched? It does on mine which is the alarm systems way of telling you everything's not locked up.
I don't remember. I think I was in a hurry, wanted to get something from the trunk, then forgot what I was doing, and just ran inside the house.

can I blame it on a mid-life crisis moment, seeing as I am not old enough to be a senior?
Old 05-29-2008, 05:53 PM
Denise993
Pro

Originally Posted by The Brewmeister
Here's a test you could try. Leave the driver's window down, lock the car to set the alarm, then reach in
and pop the front hood. The alarm should trigger. Be careful reaching in, belt buckles and the like could ruin the fun by scratching the finish.
Thanks! I just gave it a try and my alarm works... lights flash, alarm sounds...
Old 05-29-2008, 06:32 PM
kilodawg
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried this test today with less favorable results. The alarm triggers though no sound. By triggering I mean the flashers come on like they should. Any ideas? Is there a relay or fuse someplace that runs to the alarm horn?
Old 05-29-2008, 07:27 PM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

Cool My Alarm Works!

Old 05-29-2008, 10:09 PM
sdcabrio
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I tested it

Locked up the car with the key in the lock (top & windows down.) Reached in and popped front trunk release,...fast horn honking (like 6 times in 5 seconds) and parking light flash. Whatever, it is what it is.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:29 PM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Glad to hear most of you have working alarms. Not having access to a schematic means I can't answer
your question, Kilodawg. The info you need might be available on Mike J's P-car Workshop website.
Give it a try, it's right at the top of page 1.

Quick Reply: What does the alarm do?