Sponsored by: DashLynx

Weird battery issue...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 07:47 PM
dcchen
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird battery issue...

A couple weeks or so ago, I took my car in to have the bumper repainted due to a small accident. I got it back and noticed that the car radio required my security code, didn't think much of it, just figured that they need to disconnect the battery to work on the car??? Anyway, I drove it home and didn't touch the car for 3 days or so. I tried to get something from the car and the doors wouldn't unlock, thats when i noticed the alarm lights weren't blinking. I tried to jump the car and nothing, so I went and bought a new battery thinking that the old one just died. I installed it and then again didn't touch the car for 3 days..and checked and the battery was dead again. Anyone encounter this before? Seems odd huh? I am taking the car back to the shop tomorrow and have them check it out. I'll probably buy a battery today and install it in the morning so that I can start the car...then hope it doesn't die before I get to the shop...
Old 08-11-2008, 11:27 PM
colo993
Advanced

Dan,

I went through a similar situation in my 95 993. After a great deal of troubleshooting, 2 new batteries, and a new relay, the problem turned out to be a bad ignition switch. The ignition switch wasn't turning off the power after the key was removed.

Paul
Old 08-12-2008, 12:03 AM
dcchen
Intermediate

another thing I forgot to mention was that the light for the alarm, instead of blinking once, it was blinking twice and the pausing. not sure if this means that the alarm isnt being set properly and causing some kind of battery drain...
Old 08-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Felix
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Are the interior lights and the light under the front lid shutting off when the doors and front lid are closed?

Quick Reply: Weird battery issue...