Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Riviera/Turquoise/Mexico Blue picture thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2024, 01:49 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 701 Likes on 462 Posts

Nice Video...I guess they added the pic of the blonde as clickbait, since there is no mention of "his or hers" in the video???
Old 01-23-2024, 06:28 PM
boomboomthump
Rennlist Member

Received 949 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Zed.
Cool wheels. Anyone know what these are?
Definitely not Tramonts. They are original RS Speedlines.
The following users liked this post:
timothymoffat (01-24-2024)
Old 01-23-2024, 06:52 PM
L39E
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 128 Posts

That is a cool video, oddly they got the color name wrong in the YouTube video title and description.. "Love affair in Riviera Blue" and the car is actually Blue Turquoise.

Here is my Riviera Blue C2S

📷: @daperture.dan
The following 3 users liked this post by L39E:
boomboomthump (01-24-2024), INTMD8 (01-24-2024), Knight (01-27-2024)
Old 01-23-2024, 10:57 PM
os993
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 227 Posts

I can't tell if it's a S or not?
Old 01-24-2024, 09:03 AM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 571 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by Zed.
Cool wheels. Anyone know what these are?
Originally Posted by boomboomthump
Definitely not Tramonts. They are original RS Speedlines.
That BT 993 used to be owned by rennlister mrsullivan - stunning example. The wheels are definitely genuine Speedline RS's because they were one of the 15 or so sets that I commissioned through my friend who at the time represented SL in the US.

I specifically remember this set as the clear coat was beautifully applied, resulting in a more polished lip appearance than most of the other sets which had the more typical dull clear finish.
Old 01-24-2024, 09:55 AM
boomboomthump
Rennlist Member

Didn’t know that part.

My emphatic reply was based purely on the fact that it is very easy (to the trained eye) to spot the differences between Speedlines and Tramonts (and Kinesis Supercups).

Not a knock on Tramonts (I’m about to order a set) but once you see it, you can’t unsee it. There are distinct differences.
Old 01-24-2024, 11:06 AM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Nurburger
That BT 993 used to be owned by rennlister mrsullivan - stunning example. The wheels are definitely genuine Speedline RS's because they were one of the 15 or so sets that I commissioned through my friend who at the time represented SL in the US.

I specifically remember this set as the clear coat was beautifully applied, resulting in a more polished lip appearance than most of the other sets which had the more typical dull clear finish.

that Turquoise Blue split grill was listed by another Rennlister FS, at a very reasonable price…my initial intention was to pounce on it, just to set it aside as I already had acquired one for my 4S. Mr. Sullivan was likewise looking for a split grill for that new to him NB TB beauty. I helped somewhat make that connection…seemed too good to be true at the time, considering how rare the color was. Funny story

Didn’t know that part.

My emphatic reply was based purely on the fact that it is very easy (to the trained eye) to spot the differences between Speedlines and Tramonts (and Kinesis Supercups).

Not a knock on Tramonts (I’m about to order a set) but once you see it, you can’t unsee it. There are distinct differences.
I would love to know the visual clue…profile of the rim maybe? I believe the hardware also changed at some point. Regardless…I am a huge fan of the Tramonts. Thanks
Old 01-24-2024, 11:16 AM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 989 Likes on 438 Posts

The Blue Turquoise C2 with Speedlines was indeed owned by Mr. Sullivan as mentioned by @Nurburger (). I believe it then went to Rudy before moving to its current owner many years ago (2010ish?). I OBSESSED over Speedlines and in 2007 was able to purchase a new, still in the box set from Roger Jobbs Porsche in Bellingham....their parts manager James sourced them from a dealer in Italy. Beautiful wheels. Also, given that they were originally for the 993 RS, surprisingly heavy!
Old 01-24-2024, 11:35 AM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 571 Likes on 252 Posts

Didn’t know that part.

Agreed - the Tramonts are IMO a better option now due to the fact that the RS Speedlines (actually Ronal now) that are currently available are not up to the standard of the originals and do not have the correct hardware. Plus you can order the Tramonts in more aggressive / better looking specs. Oh - and they are significantly less expensive.

Originally Posted by Magdaddy

I would love to know the visual clue…profile of the rim maybe? I believe the hardware also changed at some point. Regardless…I am a huge fan of the Tramonts. Thanks
It's been a long time since I had my Tramonts, though from memory the centers are slightly 'flatter' than the Speedlines, with less defined spoke curvatures. While the shape of the bolt heads are more accurate than the RH/Kinesis versions they obviously lacked the SL stampings. Also, the Tramonts are not clear coated after assembly - the rim bolts of Speedlines are actually under the clear coat. When I had Dorociak build my WB set I did not want this and had the bolts electroless nickel plated for a more finished look.

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
The Blue Turquoise C2 with Speedlines was indeed owned by Mr. Sullivan as mentioned by @Nurburger (). I believe it then went to Rudy before moving to its current owner many years ago (2010ish?). I OBSESSED over Speedlines and in 2007 was able to purchase a new, still in the box set from Roger Jobbs Porsche in Bellingham....their parts manager James sourced them from a dealer in Italy. Beautiful wheels. Also, given that they were originally for the 993 RS, surprisingly heavy!
Yep - far from the lightest option for a 993!

I'm actually planning a change this spring that will shed dozens of lb's.

Last edited by Nurburger; 01-24-2024 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-24-2024, 09:31 PM
boomboomthump
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Magdaddy

I'll make a thread/guide sometime soon. It's a mix of the bolts and the lips.

Quick Reply: Riviera/Turquoise/Mexico Blue picture thread