Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Slight OT: eBay scumbag - AVHarmony edition

Old 06-05-2009, 08:04 PM
KMASS993
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Slight OT: eBay scumbag - AVHarmony edition

So I bid on and won the red carbon handbrake and shifter on eBay. Seller sent the invoice after I won and I paid the next day. I write an email to the seller asking to ship to my address and I get back this message:

"Kevin, Thank you for your sincere interest in our listing and your bid. We also appreciate your PayPal payment. However, your payment was received well beyond the payment terms of our listing. You are welcome to bid on our other listings (as long as you can make timely "immediate" payment). In the interest of protecting both our eBay feedback scores, kindly refrain from "negative" feedback. Thanks Again, Rader"

For those of you that aren't familiar with eBay, requiring immediate payment for anything other than items bought through buy it now is 100% against policy and the above is considered a non-selling seller violation. Now I bid $745.00 and the BIN price was $945.00 so its pretty obvious to me that he didn't get what he wanted and is using the immediate payment to stop the sale. How do people like this get ahead in life? Stay away from this scumbag! The search continues for a CF handbrake!

Kevin
Old 06-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Warpig
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

make sure you leave neg feedback. He asked you to kindly refrain from it, so I'd make sure I do give neg feedback. I do believe that not too long ago ebay changed the feedback system so that a seller cannot give neg feedback to a buyer. Should not effect your account at all. Also make a formal complaint to ebay about him.

Nick
Old 06-05-2009, 08:16 PM
KMASS993
Rennlist Member

He is a power seller so I have to wait 7 days before leaving negative feedback. He def tried to trick me into not leaving any thinking I didn't know the updated rules. I wondering how many times it has happened. I've also reported all his auctions for listing violations. Just really pisses me off when people have **** poor business practices.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Paul K
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should be able to get his phone number through the dispute page. Have your attorney give him a call.

Or go there yourself...

Hope it works out!

Paul.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:19 PM
KMASS993
Rennlist Member

Paul,

Not worth it to me, I'll just find another one. He refunded my money or I probably would fly to San Diego. It just surprises me that someone that uses his business name as his eBay name would do such a scumbag thing.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:23 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 228 Posts

What an *******. Make sure to deposit some colorful feedback.

Andreas
Old 06-06-2009, 01:33 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Paying the next day isnt what I would consider a late payer. Tool!
Old 06-06-2009, 07:51 AM
ironimages
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thing you can also bet on is that Ebay will do nothing for you!
Old 06-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

I would email him back, letting him know you are still with in the terms of the auction, & you want your product. Also let him know you are going to give negative feedback, & put in a dispute with eBay. If he is a power seller, he will not want to loose his account.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:49 AM
DocTock993
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Stealth 993
I would email him back, letting him know you are still with in the terms of the auction, & you want your product. Also let him know you are going to give negative feedback, & put in a dispute with eBay. If he is a power seller, he will not want to loose his account.
+1 !! Tell that seller to
Old 06-06-2009, 11:53 AM
KMASS993
Rennlist Member

I wrote him back twice, the first I was pissed and it was a rant, the second was after I talked to eBay. I gave him 24 hours to respond and told him if he shipped the product I would forget about everything. He ignored me. So I have reported it to eBay and I will continuously report all his auctions for listing violations for probably the next year. Ohh and mess up that little 100% positive feedback!

It amazes me the differences you see in people. I just had a transaction with a guy in LA that is shipping me his Automotion Turbo S brake duct kit. He didn't take Paypal so he shipped the product without any money and just said send it after you track it to your house. Now that's a good guy. If you are in San Diego, I would call into question this guys business practices in general.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:11 PM
tj90
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Is it possible that since hes a power seller and probably has a lot of auctions that he made a mistake and thought you were the buyer of another auction?
Old 06-06-2009, 07:14 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts

I'd like to address two things here.

First one is pretty obvious. Let him keep his parts and keep listing them and spending money. With policies like his they are not going to sell any time soon. it's goof that you let us know who he is, hopefully the community will heed the advice given. I simply would not buy from him after this.

The other issue is much more broad. I have been an eBay buyer and seller since about '99 and PayPal customer since 2000. I can calmly and definitively say today that this corporation is a monopoly of the worst kind that treats its customers like absolute crap. I can list the reasons for that conclusion if you wish. But suffice it to say that situations that they put sellers and often buyers in should not be legal under any circumstances.

One example is simple. As a private seller that sells 5-6 items a year i do not wish to accept credit cards. Not at all. I just don't, it's certainly my right. So I list an item on eBay. By their new policies I can not list an item without an electronic payment method. Which means PayPal (well, I can sign for Moneybookers, but that's another set of issues). So I clearly list in my item description that I will not accept credit card payments via PayPal, this is my right. The customer doesn't read it, buys something and pays via credit card through PayPal. Take a guess what happens next. I can not refund or decline the payment. Not at all. The buyer can not recall the payment. The money neatly sits there for 30 days until PayPal gives it back to buyer out of goodness of their heart.

Sounds bizarre? I've spoken to both eBay and PayPal over teh last 5 days. They both confirm this to be the case.

Oh, btw, as of yesterday Personal accounts get the privilege of paying the same fees as the Business account for any purchases, including eBay and non-eBay. Even when the money simply comes from the buyer's PayPal account. The new policy went into effect on Thursday. Did they notify anyone? Of course not (verbatim "well, you could read this on our Policy page". Do you really read the policies every time you log in??).

Arrrrgh.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:39 PM
tj90
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Mike - I agree - ebay is not very focused on customer service. Imagine if they had legitimate competition? Others have tried with alternative auctions and payment methods but non have stuck. I think the only serious competition to ebay is criagslist. Whenever I buy or sell, I go to criagslist first.

I dont understand what you mean by personal accounts paying the same as business accounts... Do you have the % fee structure before and after? Paypal fees are pretty expensive but I cant remember the %s...
Old 06-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 124 Posts

I used to be heavy into eBay on certain items. Both buying and selling. Over the years eBay has proven to be merely a fence for stolen goods,--IMO. They rarely spend the time investigating things that are clearly fraudulent. If I can find a false sale in about 5 minutes you'd think they could write a few subroutines to locate the most obvious ones (like expensive computer or camera equipment, with a BIN, and mandatory Western Union payment,--and an Eastern European sell location.) Like THAT's not a fraud about to happen!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Slight OT: eBay scumbag - AVHarmony edition