Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Traffic Pro 4773 Disc Upgrade...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Kevin R.
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Traffic Pro 4773 Disc Upgrade...

I am having no success with Becker on acquiring a Version 2 (or greater) Navtech disc upgrade for this unit 4773 which was popular with the 993. Does anyone have such a disc or know of where I can buy one, even a copy? Thanks all...
Old 06-08-2009, 07:54 PM
JasonF
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought Navtech stopped supporting North America maps around 2003. In any event, I use a Garmin Nuvi as my Nav and it's 10,000 times better than my Becker head unit. However, I really like the OEM look of the Trafficpro.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:40 PM
fullbooker
Rennlist Member

I have a Traffic Pro in my car also. Had same issues finding current maps, etc. Never have used the Nav on it for the same reasons as JasonF. I agree with using the Garmin Nuvi as it is far superior for its intended purpose. I got my Traffic Pro primarily to play ipod Through Aux jack.
Phil
Old 06-08-2009, 11:41 PM
Bola964
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi,
I have a TP 4763 that I was planning to install it on my Targa, but I was wondering about the update as well. I follow the comments above about the OEM look.
I have software version 1.0...... I guess I'll call Harman in NJ and see what they say.
I don't think mine has Aux jack on it, at least I did not see it.
Also, do we really need a special antena for it? If yes, I'l have to get it. I took mine off my '02 996, and I forgot about the antena.......
Any help?
Old 06-09-2009, 12:20 AM
Kevin R.
Instructor

Yes, I had to purchase a separate antenna for it from Becker. I want the OEM look. Everything still works great even though it is not like 2009 technology. Who cares. That's like saying, we'll, the 997 is 10,000 times better than my 993 so it's time to get rid of the 993. NOT! I just want the latest disc and I'd be real happy.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:22 AM
Bola964
Pro

Kevin, I am 100% with you........ Thanks.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:04 AM
2Many Cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As observed the TP GPS antenna is separate. I installed mine under the front dash so it's completely hidden (as described somewhere on a thread here). Under the rear deck is another good antenna location option but if you plan on putting it there you'll need to get an antenna extension (also available from Becker) because the wire for the stock GPS antena is too short for that run. Both locations seem to work very well.

OK, I have the disks for version 2.0 of the map software which I believe is the latest and final version. Here's the deal, I will make copies (there are two disks) and send them free to the first person who PMs me with the proviso that he/she then pays it forward by making a copy and sending it on to someone else who needs one, who in turn can send it on to the next person. Once I have someone to volunteer to be the first recipient/sender I'll post the name so others who want a copy can get in on the chain. Sound fair? Who will be first?

By the way, Kevin, the map with the CDs shows they only cover the southern part of the Great White North so it may not help you any. Probably worth a try though as I suspect it at least covers the same area as V1.0.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:41 AM
ezinternet
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

You have a PM - and a volunteer.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:49 AM
ezinternet
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Bola964 - The AUX input is supplied via a cable/connector that you can get from Becker USA in NJ. When you call them ask for it.

The cable they send you will provide L/R RCA plugs for headphone-level (ie. mini-stereo jack) AUX music. I connected their plugs to an iPod/iPhone adapter cable and I can charge the device and play i-Music in the car.

Enabling AUX will, IIRC, come at the cost of using the Factory front-trunk CD Changer. I think it's "one or the other".
Old 06-09-2009, 09:20 AM
DAVISRILEY
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ezinternet
You have a PM - and a volunteer.
And I would love to volunteer for the second round. Looked and mine are still version 1.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Bola964
Pro

Hi guys, thanks for the tips.
I'd like to be number 3 in the list, right after Davisriley!
Please PM me and I'll send you my directions.
Thanks ezinternet.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Kevin R.
Instructor

Oh that's great... you guys are all up late so I get to be fourth on the list even though I started this thread with the initial request. Oh well, I guess if that is what it takes to get the disc so be it. Someone better be keeping track of this or I will reinitiate this thread over a reasonable period of time. Let's keep updated on who is doing what. 2Many Cars what is your intent...

Kevin
Old 06-09-2009, 12:21 PM
2Many Cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like there are going to be a fair number who want V2.0. I'll send out a total of 4 copies today and you guys can spread the wealth from there.

Kevin R.
EZInternet

I have your addresses so I'm all set

Borla964
DAVISRILEY

PM me your address and I'll send you copies as well.

Thanks guys and don't forget to pay it forward. Others who want copies please contact any of the above.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:53 PM
JasonF
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In addition to the oem look, I bought the Trafficpro for ipod integration. Since I rarely use Nav, I mount my Garmin on the clock face (see attached pic). The couple of times I used the Trafficpro Nav software, I thought it worked reasonably well and it's an excellent alternative if you don't want any extraneous stuff in your car.

Then again, I love the Garmin's ability to locate restaurants, gas stations, etc, etc...when traveling through unknown areas. This photo is posted in the archives...my Nuvi has an integrated antenna (nothing sticks out) and it receives a perfect sat signal mounted on the clock face.
Attached Images  
Old 06-09-2009, 02:13 PM
DAVISRILEY
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 2Many Cars
Looks like there are going to be a fair number who want V2.0. I'll send out a total of 4 copies today and you guys can spread the wealth from there.
Pm sent, and thanks again.

Quick Reply: Traffic Pro 4773 Disc Upgrade...