Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Anyone have the wiring diagram for the 993 (shop manual)

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Warpig
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have the wiring diagram for the 993 (shop manual)

I'm looking for the wiring diagram from the shop manual. It's in the manual in the 9/90 section and is a 3 page diagram. Covers central locking mirrors power windows alarm etc. I have a PDF of the shop manual but the resolution is not good enough to read the text I need to read. Can anyone make me a high resolution scan of the diagram. I believe my car is covered by "Model 95/2" I think I need all of "Sheet 2"

Can Anyone help?

Nick
Old 07-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nick,

The wiring diagram spreads open pretty large, I am not sure if a standard flatbed scanner can handle the scan you will have to break it down into several sections.

Which section in particular that you were looking for from that page?
Old 07-09-2009, 10:44 AM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

try www.alldata.com

they have good scans, but it'll cost you $15 or whatever for a brief subscription.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:21 AM
J.A.W.S.
Pro

pn me your emailaddress and i'll send you the diagrams...
Old 07-10-2009, 12:01 AM
Warpig
Pro

Originally Posted by Robin 993DX
Nick,

The wiring diagram spreads open pretty large, I am not sure if a standard flatbed scanner can handle the scan you will have to break it down into several sections.

Which section in particular that you were looking for from that page?
I am looking for functions of the alarm wiring mostly. Pin-out of alarm & diagram of where those wires go so I can examine the functionality of the system & see if adding an aftermarket alarm is something I want to bother with. I have allot of experience with installing aftermarket alarms, multi-amp audio systems, remote starting etc etc. As for the size of the sheet spread out it would be fine in pieces.

Originally Posted by J.A.W.S.
pn me your emailaddress and i'll send you the diagrams...
You have a PM

Thanks

Nick
Old 07-10-2009, 05:14 PM
EckFe1
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Hello Warpig,
I got my alarm/GPS tracking working just fine now. Thank you again for your help. If you want any pics, shoot me a PM with your email.
I installed the shock sensor with neg. output and connected it to the glove box switched ground. The GPS unit is a stand alone unit. I combined it with the factory alarm, output of factory horn is also the switched input to the GPS unit. If the shock sensor, GPS unit or any parts of the factory alarm are triggered, it sends a text message to my cell phone, actually to up to 3 cell #'s with a programmed text of what's going on.
I can only recommend a GPS tracking as it will keep sending coordinates when the car is in motion w/o engine running or ignition on. There are more functions that I'm currently not using but I think for now it's OK to use as is.
Thank you again for your help with my wiring.
Hope you'll find a system that will work for you. I do have the factory wiring schematics of the car but it's in German so most likely it won't help you.
ed
Old 07-12-2009, 01:29 AM
Warpig
Pro

Anyone...
Old 07-12-2009, 12:56 PM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

<link deleted>

Last edited by Marc Shaw; 04-08-2010 at 12:14 AM. Reason: link to copyright material
Old 07-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Warpig
Pro

Thanks for the link. I already downloaded that manual and unfortunately it's the manual I am referring to that I cannot read the text. I appreciate all the help. It seems as if alldata or some of the other links provided are going to be the best bets at this point.

Nick
Old 07-12-2009, 04:32 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I cannot tell if you have been satisfied. I can fax you Xerox copies of the 3 page fold out you need. PM me your fax number if you wish to take this route.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Warpig
Pro

Originally Posted by freeman
I cannot tell if you have been satisfied. I can fax you Xerox copies of the 3 page fold out you need. PM me your fax number if you wish to take this route.
Thanks That would be great.

You have a PM.

Nick
Old 07-14-2009, 01:47 AM
Warpig
Pro

Originally Posted by freeman
Thanks freeman... What you sent me is much better than what I had. I appreciate your efforts to help.

Nick
Old 04-07-2010, 11:37 PM
avslash
Advanced

Bumping this older thread to see if any of you gentlemen still have a legible copy of the wiring diagram for the immobilizer you would be willing to share via email or fax.

I have downloaded the information at the link listed above, but, as noted by the original poster, it is largely illegible for this section.

Thanks.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:16 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Please allow me to (again) remind everyone that the Porsche Workshop Manual (including the wiring diagrams) are copyright by Porsche and it is illegal - and therefore not permitted - to openly share this copyright material on Rennlist.....they have alot more lawyers than we do!

Thanks.

Marc
Old 04-08-2010, 02:04 AM
avslash
Advanced

Apologies as appropriate. Searched the archives and saw the thread and didn't see any admonishment in it.

Not trying to stir the pot here.

Quick Reply: Anyone have the wiring diagram for the 993 (shop manual)