Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I Bet You Have Never Had This Happen!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 09:07 PM
larpy
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I Bet You Have Never Had This Happen!!

So today I think, "It sure is a nice day. I think I will take the car for a drive". I put the top down and hit the highway. As I accelerate to get on the highway I think to myself' "I am lacking power. What is up?" I decide to stop by a fellow Porsche owner's house to show him a "Real Porsche" (He owns a 996). When I arrive he asks to see the engine so I pop the cover and what he says next stuns me. "Hey, why is your air box filled with dog food?" I responded, "Shut the F--- Up" and I immediately could tell by the look on his face that he was not kidding. I walk back and find my entire air box filled with Iams Large Breed dog food. It was packed full!!! So I immediately start thinking who is screwing with me. I took off the air box cover without thinking and dog food goes everywhere!! I spent the next 1.5 hours trying to get all the dog food out of the engine well. The stuff went everywhere! I used a vac, a garden house, and a 2' long spring claw tool trying to reach each piece.

I determined my 3 year old daughter was playing in the garage and I left the rear cover open and the car cover was off. She decided it would be nice to "Feed Daddy's Porsche Car". She is just too cute to get mad at. Long story short, going to go by a new air filter Monday.

Anyone else have any intersting stories? This could become a pretty funny thread.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:09 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

LOL! I love it!

Great story. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:16 PM
rickg87
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back in 1997 my new C4S is in the garage. I'm in charge of my 2 kids while the wife is out. So, I cant find my 2 year old boy. I hear banging outside.
So I follow the sound into my garage and he's smashing his plastic golf club
on the hood of the car. Holly crap. I freaked. Stopped him just in time. 1 tiny ding
that was removed. Good thing it wasnt a metal club.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:18 PM
larpy
Burning Brakes

These stories justify my reason for purchasing my 4 post lift. Problem is I have not installed it yet. Now I am motivated to get the job done.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:28 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 208 Likes on 134 Posts

At least it wasn't down the oil filler!
Old 08-23-2009, 12:18 AM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Old 08-23-2009, 12:24 AM
larpy
Burning Brakes

This evening she told me she actually did not do it. She said it was our 125 lbs Mastiff. She said, "He just took his paw and put the dog food in there daddy, I saw him." I asked her how the dog got the food and she said, "I gave it to him daddy" with a big smile on her face. She is just too cute to get angry!
Old 08-23-2009, 01:30 AM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

My 4 year old just recently decided to help daddy get the bird $h!t off of the Porsche's fender . . . unfortunately with mommy's pot scrubbing sponge. I'm still hoping it'll buff out. I told him that in the future, he can help to wash my dirtbike and maybe mommy's car, but not daddy's Porsche, and only if he asks first!
Old 08-23-2009, 01:38 AM
Nollie
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Alright I'll throw one in.

I was out putting on my supercups. Mid removal of my first muffler (thinking to myself that I should've looked up a DIY and how the #$!@% did these things come out) my 2 year old comes out to the garage and wants to help daddy. Being encouraged that my daughter wants to work on cars with her dad I started telling her what all the tools laying on the ground were and what they did (as I held up the partially removed muffler with my leg and arm...)

I start to continue removing the muffler... she says "daddy needs the ratchet, I'll help" WHAM right into the side of the car Luckily it was on the rock guards and she's only two... so no ding, no scratch, just a internally freaked out dad.

I called for backup and had a talk with the little one. She's been very good around the car since then and still wants to help
Old 08-23-2009, 03:19 AM
cdmdriver
Pro

Kids and Porsche's don't mix.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:53 AM
Rhino
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok, I'll contribute.
Years ago I had just finished waxing the 1987 911. It was parked in front of the house while I was in the back cleaning the yard when I head my alarm go off. I walked to the front of the house to see my son (3 years old then) and his friend playing in the front yard with the baby sitter. As I approached the car, I could see a small white spot on the rear wheel well and I thought to myself "I must have missed a spot".
As I got closer I suddenly saw a small dent the size of a dime. I turned to my son and said "Do you know how that happened?" He said "Yes!" with excitement.
I looked down on the ground and realized that the tree in front of our house had small stones the size of golf ***** around the trunk for decoration.
I then said "Did you throw a rock at the car?"
He says "No!...I threw 4!" with excitement and a sense of accomplishment and while he held up his hand with 3 fingers.
I look around the car, under the car only to find 4 rocks. But only one hit the car.
I looked down at his smiling face and in that moment, i had two choices. Get pissed and he would probably remember this and possibly start lying to me in the future. I chose option two. I asked him not to do it again, I removed all of the rocks around the tree...and I fired the baby sitter. Oh and got the ding repaired.

He is now almost 9 years old and he loves it when I tell this story. And yes, he started lying anyways
Old 08-23-2009, 07:34 AM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhino

He is now almost 9 years old and he loves it when I tell this story. And yes, he started lying anyways
ROFLMAO on that one. Funny!

Mike
Old 08-23-2009, 09:31 AM
Floodj
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LMAO!!! Now that's funny!
Old 08-23-2009, 11:43 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not car related....

While in the military, I was posted from Lower Podunk Saskatchewan to Back Arsed Podunk in the Canadian Maritimes.

As we drive for the few thousand of miles, we arrive at a suitable greasy spoon somewhere in Manitoba. My 4 year old daughter wants to go to the bathroom; so, I assign my 11 year old to take charge. She was wise beyond her years and I did not have a worry about this short trip.

However, little did I know...

Little 4 year old is returning to the seat proudly imitating a smoking gesture. She gets to the table and... she was using a white plastic tampax applicator to simulate smoking. I laughed my tarts off but "Fang" did not see the humor.

Eldest was mortified and followed from afar not wishing to be identified with the little delinquent

Quick Reply: I Bet You Have Never Had This Happen!!