993 Forum 1995-1998

L A Porsche hammering

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 01:44 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default L A Porsche hammering

No doubt you guys will recall that thread recently where L A Porsche got a pounding for bad service. I mentioned at the time I had a load of gear on the way from them.
It all arrived today and the packaging was simply awesome. There was enough packaging in the shipment to fill a small car.
I got EVERYTHING I ordered, and more in fact. They supplied some brand new OEM parts when they only quoted for used parts, inc front and rear bumpers, lights, rear reflector etc.
The bonnet and fender were like new as well, and basically unmarked, as was the one wheel I ordered .
Everything was bubble wrapped and clean.
Needless to say I am VERY happy with there service and products.
I know some here have had a bad run, but I have to tell you guys, this deal was sweet in every way.
I have no affiliation, obviously, but they deserve a good mention after the hammering they got.
Ordering parts to be delivered to NZ is always nerve racking, but I would deal with these guys again anytime .
Done.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:14 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

i have helped a lot more people than [i might like to admit]... in getting parts from them and virtually no issues whatsoever.

our Porsche parts fail in our cars, and then people tend to freak out when 'LA Porsche parts' do.

ITS A JUNKYARD STUPID should be printed on every box.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:18 AM
LA964RS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LAPD is awesome...i say it all the time. Todd is great and I've spent a lot of $$ with him and I'm sure I'll be spending more.....Glad to see 993Man stepping up and giving credit where credit is due.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:11 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 210 Posts

I was just at LA Porsche Dismantler yesterday and spoke with the owner, Todd. I too have bought a lot of parts from him without issue. He is a gentleman and has always treated me well. And the place is amazing. He had a black ’98 Turbo S there with 5,000 miles on it….. and it was totaled. The story I was told is that a teenage son took Dad’s car without permission.

I have read all of the postings where there are problems. And there will be more. Anytime someone has a problem they post it. It is rare that someone post a transaction that was uneventful. That’s one of the problems with the net. Look at the SAI problems our cars suffer from. If you did a search on the subject I am not sure you would buy a 993.

Nice posting 993Man…. Class act.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:16 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Glad you had a good experience. Very fair post. Still, on a scale of 1 to 10, my chances of using them are less than zero.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:17 AM
msw
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 14 Posts

"He had a black ’98 Turbo S there with 5,000 miles on it….. and it was totaled. The story I was told is that a teenage son took Dad’s car without permission."

i would have to think that is the turbo s whose engine i bought recently and had installed at jerry woods here in bay area...if it was black with pennslvania plates...

i too had a great experience with LAD and would not hesitate in doing business with them again...have already recommended to others.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:59 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by msw
"He had a black ’98 Turbo S there with 5,000 miles on it….. and it was totaled. The story I was told is that a teenage son took Dad’s car without permission."

i would have to think that is the turbo s whose engine i bought recently and had installed at jerry woods here in bay area...if it was black with pennslvania plates...

i too had a great experience with LAD and would not hesitate in doing business with them again...have already recommended to others.
Further to the TT S story, we installed a SSK kit on a gents car this past weekend that had yellow calipers from this very car! Small world!
Old 11-25-2009, 11:12 AM
red89
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In previous thread they sell a guy a bunch of parts and UPS trashes them. Todd makes good. What more do you want from these guys?
Old 11-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice post 993MAN. I have been a staunch supporter of Todd and Sara, have bought a bunch of stuff, and would not hesitate to use them again. Treat people with respect and there is a good chance it will be reciprocated. Just keep in mind that they sell a lot of product, most of which is not new and that Odurandina has it right.

Sid
Old 11-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've used them as well without issue. People need to remember its a junk yard and to do your homework. They'll even send pictures as long as your not ordering a $50 part
Old 11-25-2009, 01:28 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have had good experiences with LAPD BUT I ONLY deal with them in person. I live about a half an hour from them so that is pretty easy. It is like anything, know what you need and don't be shy if it ain't what you wanted.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:45 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by red89
In previous thread they sell a guy a bunch of parts and UPS trashes them. Todd makes good. What more do you want from these guys?
Well, not exactly.

UPS may/may not have trashed the part, but Todd never made good. At least according to the thread.

From what I've read, one has a much better chance of a positive experience with LAPD if one actually goes there in person.

Glad to hear the Kiwi got away unscathed
Old 11-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by msw
"...if it was black with pennslvania plates...
That has to be it. There aren't any other black totalled 993 tt's there! I was also told that insurance did not cover the car. There was a clause that stated the insurance would not cover any driver under the age of 25.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:25 PM
air eater
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, a GREAT bunch of guys to buy from.
I paid for a rear seat delete unit out of Todd's Turbo through one of his people. A couple of weeks passed, so I called them and the answer was that "Todd changed his mind". No call, nothing.
I guess they thought I would forget about the $750 billed to my card. No apology for the change of heart, nata. It took another credit card cycle before my card was creditted.

Yea, a great bunch of guys.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:10 PM
2Many Cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The story I was told is that a teenage son took Dad’s car without permission.
Reminds me of the scene in Risky Business where Tom Cruise's father tells him "Joel, don't drive the Porsche while we're away."

My experience with LAPD was good too. I ordered a part by mail, they sent the wrong thing but quickly fixed the problem. No negative feedback here.

Quick Reply: L A Porsche hammering