Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Tires - Advan AD08

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 09:46 PM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up New Tires - Advan AD08

Yeah so not much to say here other than after 4 sets of Yokohama AD07's over the last few years, I'm excited to try the new AD08's which went on yesterday. I absolutley loved the AD07's so (hands down my favorite tire of all time) so expectations are high for the 08's which I understand are significantly better yet! Man they are meaty Do I care that the aren't Porsche "N" rated..obviously not.

I have no doubt they will live up to their reputation as the fastest street tire (non R-Compound) out there.

Flame on.
Attached Images  
Old 05-21-2010, 10:07 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 65 Posts

Crazy simple looking tread pattern. I like it!
Old 05-22-2010, 02:04 AM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

I love those Yokohamas! How much are they?
I went with the Falken RT-615 for their aggressive grip and price, but those Advans looks sick, too.
Attached Images   
Old 05-22-2010, 08:44 AM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much for the set?

EDIT: Answering my own question... $926 from TireRack.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:46 AM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm excited to hear your impressions. I plan on this being my next tire. I've heard nothing but good things about these.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Jack Ennuste
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like serious piece of tire!
Old 09-02-2010, 07:50 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 828 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by Flat-6 Performance
Yeah so not much to say here other than after 4 sets of Yokohama AD07's over the last few years, I'm excited to try the new AD08's which went on yesterday. I absolutley loved the AD07's so (hands down my favorite tire of all time) so expectations are high for the 08's which I understand are significantly better yet! Man they are meaty Do I care that the aren't Porsche "N" rated..obviously not.

I have no doubt they will live up to their reputation as the fastest street tire (non R-Compound) out there.

Flame on.
Jordan, any comments now that you've burned some tread off them?

Craig
Old 09-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

They are FAST! All of my Auto-X competition has the AD08's. I got to work my *** off to beat them. It is going to be my next set of rubber!!
Old 09-03-2010, 12:16 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

The cab I bought in July came with a new set of these mounted and so far, on the street, they are outstanding. Pliable ride, no road noise and stick like they're glued down. I've read they aren't the best wet condition tire but I don't think the cab will see much rain ...
Old 09-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 104 Posts

They're directional, right? Like the Direzza Star Specs, that helps if you can do a mid-life flip (inside to outside and vice-versa) to even out wear.

AFAIK, the Azenis and RE-11's cannot be flipped, right?

Best,

Matt
Old 09-03-2010, 06:25 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 828 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Lane
They're directional, right? Like the Direzza Star Specs, that helps if you can do a mid-life flip (inside to outside and vice-versa) to even out wear.

AFAIK, the Azenis and RE-11's cannot be flipped, right?

Best,

Matt
directional = yes at least the AD07s are.
directional = need to take them off the wheel and flip / remount in different orientation = $$$$$$ to dismount / mount / balance

can't just swap wheels / tires side-to-side

don't know about the other tires you discuss, buy i can't see why you can't do one of the above options on them also unless they have a specific inside / outside and are directional

best

Craig
Old 09-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Can't say enough about these tires, just incredible all around AND a signficant evolution up from the already great AD07's. As others have stated, less noise, predictable, confidence inspiring under load and hard cornering (loses grip progressively, less likely to breakaway), less tramlining.

Full thumbs up and a strong recommendation as a daily driver choice for moderate to full sport drivers as long as you live in a reasonably warm climate as they are not designed for cool temps.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cgfen
directional = yes at least the AD07s are.
directional = need to take them off the wheel and flip / remount in different orientation = $$$$$$ to dismount / mount / balance

can't just swap wheels / tires side-to-side

don't know about the other tires you discuss, buy i can't see why you can't do one of the above options on them also unless they have a specific inside / outside and are directional

best

Craig
Hi Craig, right, the directional tire needs to be remounted if you want to move inside tread to the outside. Adds cost, but may be worth it if you have uneven wear (for example from street driving w/ high camber). They can be run backwards in the dry, but in that case, inside remains inside, outside remains outside which may not solve eneven wear from agressive alignment.

I assumed that non-symetrical tires (with large outside shoulder blocks) cannot be flipped. Wheels swapped left to right yes, but not flipped.

M
Old 09-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flat-6 Performance
Can't say enough about these tires, just incredible all around AND a signficant evolution up from the already great AD07's. As others have stated, less noise, predictable, confidence inspiring under load and hard cornering (loses grip progressively, less likely to breakaway), less tramlining.

Full thumbs up and a strong recommendation as a daily driver choice for moderate to full sport drivers as long as you live in a reasonably warm climate as they are not designed for cool temps.

They DO look good!

Anyone tried these, and compared with Direzza Star Spec or BS RE-11?

Always getting ready for the "the next"!

M
Old 09-03-2010, 09:49 PM
bart1
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the rt-615s on factory 17s as track tires and as far as I know, they can be flipped side to side.

Quick Reply: New Tires - Advan AD08