Sponsored by: DashLynx

Option Code sticker replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2023, 04:55 AM
Type911uk
Former Vendor

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by TL-Register
... and there is really someone buying these - with totally wrong content, material and script ? How blind can anyone be ...
Have you compared the 2 photos? They look identical to me!
Old 02-04-2023, 12:23 PM
StevenGilroy
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 73 Posts

The information to recreate the stickers are available from your "friendly" Porsche service department, ask for a printout of the "Porsche Central Service Report". It will list almost everything you need to make new stickers. In addition that report is an excellent record for authenticity, similar to the Kardex for the Pre-1975 Porsches. The top series of numbers is not there, the 3 digit I have no knowledge of what it means, but the following 4 digit number is a shop order number, which is stamped in several places on the car body: Frunk lid by the light, engine lid in the center bottom side, I have heard the doors under the door cards, and the body is stamped two places. These numbers should all match on a numbers matching car. Numbers matching and documentation may be a big deal as the cars become older, such as original 356s and early 911/912s now bring a premium price.
My '96 993 had no code stickers, delivered/sold by Rusnik in Pasadena CA, but had the handwritten info in the service book, plus has all of the dealer service stamps from delivery. I made some stickers, but have yet to put them on.

Quick Reply: Option Code sticker replacement