993 Forum 1995-1998

RENNLIST GROUP BUY GT3 Tek 993RS aero parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 03:19 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RENNLIST GROUP BUY GT3 Tek 993RS aero parts

I apologize to the 993 list for not doing this a few weeks ago when I set up the GB with GT3 Tek on the 993RS aero parts. It was supposed to end on February 28th but I spoke to the owner yesterday told him what happened and he agreed to extend the buy from the end of February to March 15th to make up for my mistake.

The reason I organized this GB is when I first saw the GT3 Tek 993RS parts and test fitted them to my car, I realized I had found something different than what was available before.
Unlike the OEM (PVC & huge $$$) and current aftermarket fiberglass copies, the GT3 Tek 993RS splitters and 993RS rockers were made from unbreakable polyurethane and due to excellent engineering, the parts literally slipped into place and lined up pefectly the first time I fitted them! I also loved the fact the splitters and rockers only used the original factory fasteners without drilling new holes my car.
Another thing that made my mind up about buying the GT3 Tek 993RS aero kit is they took the time to make the rear of the rocker taller at the rear wheel inner fender, allowing the inner liner to attach easily to the end of the rocker without the OEM brackets allowing easy access to our second oil filter.

After removing the OEM motorized tail I fitted their GT3 Tek 993RS fiberglass tail and just like the 993RS splitters and 993RS rockers it dropped onto my existing deck lid and required no fitting what so ever! I clamped the tail to the lid and used the factory holes in the deck for the lower grill to mount the wing securely.

Total install time about two hours.................it was too easy...LOL

My GT3 Tek 993RS Aero Kit has been installed for about 4 1/2 months now and even though I have hit my painted RS splitters on a few driveways, curbs and have lot's of people at our local PCA events sqeeze them, I have scrapes on the bottom but zero cracks in the paint anywhere since I had my painter use flex agent in the primer as well as the paint.

For those of you who haven't seen this information in the "RS side rockers in Polyurethane" thread here's the GB pricing on the GT3 Tek 993RS parts and ordering info.

GT3 Tek 993RS Aero Kit;
includes polyurethane 993RS Splitters, polyurethane 993RS Rockers and fiberglass 993RS Tail $1299.00 + shipping (ranges from $75.00 to around $100.00 in the US, GT3 Tek will quote exact $$ with your shipping address)

A La Cart;
Polyurethane 993RS Front splitters $360.00 + $24.00 shipping USA lower 48 only
Polyurethane 993RS Side rockers $460.00 + $48.00 shipping USA lower 48 only
(If you buy both the RS splitters and RS rockers at the same time they ship together for $48.00)
Fiberglass 993RS Tail $490.00 + $48.00 shipping USA lower 48 only

GT3 Tek ships worldwide and all shipping outside the lower 48 will be quoted by GT3 Tek with your shipping address.

You can order direct from GT3 Tek by calling Armondo (owner) @ 619-690-5081 (M-F 9:00am-5:00pm PST) and mentioning you are a 993 rennlist group buy participant.

I would be happy to answer any questions any of you may have, just shoot me a PM

Joel Bowman aka: ZP44

PS: I also attached a couple of photos of my finished for now more to come 993RS clone.......enjoy!
Attached Images   
Old 02-28-2010, 05:26 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Just a friendly reminder that this pricing is good for 15 more days..........I want to thank all of you for making my first Rennlist Group Buy coordinator experience a very good one and I look forward to maybe finding something else we all want for less $$.

Joel Bowman
Old 02-28-2010, 09:13 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those look great. I'd pretty much decided on doing the turbo front bumper but if the fit is that good I may have to rethink that, unfortunately spent my wad just getting the new car. Love the color!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:27 AM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds tempting. Do you know what the total savings is on the RS group buy over standard cost?
Old 03-01-2010, 01:16 PM
zechunique
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a couple questions...

I am looking at a '95 that already has an aftermarket RS wing (not sure of the manufacturer - will try to get it) and am intersted in buying the fronts splitters and rockers to match.

What are the balancing issues related to these packages; and how would mixing manufacturers affect that? My guess here is that the RS "wing" is really more of a spoiler, and does not create active downforce, so the balance is not an issue, but I may be wrong. Anyone here care to comment??

Also, with the poly front pieces, how does the paint respond to exteme flexing? Any experience here?

Finally, how well do the side rockers hold paint? Are the prices here including primer? I think I would prefer to match the body color, rather than leave black?

Thanks for putting this together zombie!!
Old 03-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Joel,

She looks the mutts nuts

Now time to get rid of the ugly black heads on the bumpers.

GL with the rest of your project.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:51 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Originally Posted by zechunique
I have a couple questions...

I am looking at a '95 that already has an aftermarket RS wing (not sure of the manufacturer - will try to get it) and am intersted in buying the fronts splitters and rockers to match.

What are the balancing issues related to these packages; and how would mixing manufacturers affect that? It will have no effect at all on balance mixing manufacturers

My guess here is that the RS "wing" is really more of a spoiler, and does not create active downforce, so the balance is not an issue, but I may be wrong. Correct

Anyone here care to comment??

Also, with the poly front pieces, how does the paint respond to exteme flexing? Mine have hit some curbs, driveways and have been squeezed a lot in the last few months, happy to say no cracks yet!

Any experience here? Yup see last response

Finally, how well do the side rockers hold paint? Polyurethane holds paint well if prepped properly and flex agent is used in both primer & paint

Are the prices here including primer? Only the wing is primed the polyurethane parts are raw finish

I think I would prefer to match the body color, rather than leave black? That is a personal thing but I have decided to probably paint mine later since my car is dark, I wouldn't do that if my car was white.

Thanks for putting this together zombie!! You are most welcome
Joel Bowman aka ZP44
Old 03-01-2010, 05:56 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Originally Posted by Monique
Joel,

She looks the mutts nuts

Now time to get rid of the ugly black heads on the bumpers.

GL with the rest of your project.
Thanks to another rennlister's engineering skills I will soon have a pair of 993 zit hole covers installed in front of my headlights.

And thanks for the compliment..............

Joel
Old 03-03-2010, 03:04 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Originally Posted by ABCar
Sounds tempting. Do you know what the total savings is on the RS group buy over standard cost?
The normal price is $1599.00 for the full kit and a la cart the Rockers are $579.00, the Splitters are $469.00 and the Tail is $595.00.

Last edited by ZombiePorsche44; 03-05-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:04 AM
COSTLESS
1st Gear

Hi,
long time P Car Guy - first post on the forum. Just bought a 993 cab - finally out of the mini van!!!!

Your GB is right up my alley! Done, I'll call Armondo.

I am also interested in your wheel set up - 19" ? Soooo, they do fit?

I have a 96 - 993 Cab - anything special I should know on size ect when shopping for wheels?

Cheers,
Calvin

(just setting up my profile pic)
Old 03-04-2010, 12:15 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Originally Posted by COSTLESS
Hi,
long time P Car Guy - first post on the forum. Just bought a 993 cab - finally out of the mini van!!!!

Your GB is right up my alley! Done, I'll call Armondo.

I am also interested in your wheel set up - 19" ? Soooo, they do fit?

I have a 96 - 993 Cab - anything special I should know on size ect when shopping for wheels?

Cheers,
Calvin

(just setting up my profile pic)
Welcome to rennlist & the 993 forum Calvin,
I would recommend doing a 993 forum search on 19" wheels, there are lot's of 993 owners running 19's so you will find just about anything you need to know before buying.

My wheels were kind of a fluke. A good friend had got them in the purchase of a 94' Speedster and decided he wanted to bring the car back to stock and replaced the BBS's with the factory wheels and gave me a good deal on them.

I called BBS & Wheel Enhancement with the sizes and both told me the wheels would not fit on my narrow body 993 so I decided to test fit them and see for myself. As you can see by my photos they actually do fit, but only because I run a very very aggressive street suspension set up with 2.5 deg of negative camber on all 4 wheels allowing the 19" LM's to just barely clear the fender.

The group buy on the GT3 Tek 993RS parts is a great opportunity to achieve the RS look without spending $4000.00 + on the factory parts.

Don't forget to post photos of your 993cab or the guys here will bug you until they see them up.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions regarding the GB on the RS parts.

Cheers,
Joel Bowman aka: ZP44
Old 03-04-2010, 04:42 PM
zechunique
Racer

just called in!!

Thanks zombie!
Old 03-04-2010, 05:44 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Originally Posted by zechunique
just called in!!

Thanks zombie!
It's very rare that I get a chance to talk to other 993 listers so it was too funny that I happend to be there when you called, it was nice talking to you!

Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions regarding the parts.

Cheers,
Joel

Last edited by ZombiePorsche44; 03-04-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:59 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts

Bummer. I don't think my tax return is going to make it in time.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:42 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Just another reminder that the group buy ends in 10 days! It is a really good savings over the normal GT3 Tek price so if you had planned on being part of the RS parts group buy you only have a few days left.

Cheers.
Joel

Quick Reply: RENNLIST GROUP BUY GT3 Tek 993RS aero parts