LA964RS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do all the warning lights light up?
Old 08-04-2010, 03:53 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I think I may be a minority on this board but I feel we should welcome hearty debate. What I miss on this board that I enjoy on many others (such a Pistonheads - check out "deristrictors" threads for a good hoot) is some healthy sarcasm, sly whit and an overall sense of humour. I dont think rudness is welcome but Im happy to tolerate a differnce of opinion. Otherwise this place becomes a sanatised hospital ward of "yes sayers". Im not sure if its a US thing or the result of the global PC culture, but its IS OK to disagree. Really it is. Just be polite and funny about it perhaps is the best approach.

As for the clock. Love the concept. Love the execution and teh quality of work and detail. Not sure on the colour, nor the gloss clear coat (personally I think it takes the eye away from should be teh centre of focus - i.e. the clock. Also has to be a stand alone piece given the size and amount of "real estate" it occupies. Hats off to the creator. Hats of to he whom commissioned the work of art. Each to his own and all that.

Something like that is probably a bit more balanced feedback perhaps??

Cheers
M
Old 08-04-2010, 04:03 AM
c993k
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Life is too short for drama and petty things,
laugh insanely, love truly, forgive quickly,
be kind to others."
Old 08-04-2010, 04:26 AM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 398 Likes on 194 Posts

This says most of it:

raspberryroadster - well as a retired investment banker ....
Whilst I am all for some healthy debate and good natured ribbing - and Art is VERY subjective - Not everybody likes everything and - Like someone else said - Opinions are like ******** - everyone has one. Didn't Mommy ever teach you that if you cant say something nice then don't say anything at all?

This comment below is totally StrekStrekStrekStrekign uncool:

rasberryroadster - sorry trudy.......
Dude where i come from taking the **** out of someone cause you dont like their art is one thing (other than the fact AOW is a buddy of mine - so i will stand up for him - but he really doesn't need it in this case) but taking the **** out of a mans recently deceased dog - would get you all beaten the StrekStrekStrekStrek up.

Banter, jokes, opinions and fun is one thing - but mate, there is a line and with THAT comment you crossed it. Tool.

Last edited by Full Boost; 08-04-2010 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Just sayin'
Old 08-04-2010, 09:07 AM
993Porsche
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts

Beautiful workmanship. I would love to have one for my office or family room. Hmmmm...

Ken
Old 08-04-2010, 09:26 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by raspberryroadster
well as a retired investment banker have had a whole bunch of weird looking stuff on my desk....but nothing like this....but if you & andreas like it - go for it. hope price was minimal!!
sorry trudy.......not meant to rain on any parade/advert - if you like it on the desk go for it!
if not - well imo not on my desk - this is an open forum after all, no !?
Since you are retired investment banker, I can only guess that you are on several medications to deal with depression and heart disease. So, I'm going to scratch your rude, insensitive and uncool comments to an overload or lack of meds.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:34 AM
simpsoap
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

WOW! Some people really have the nerve to rain on other peoples hard work. I've seen numerous things on Rennlist that wasn't to my liking, but I would never insult the other person or make them feel like the work they put into it wasn't worth it. To each their own, and all that matters is if the other person is satisfied. AOW is a asset to this board and a great guy. Keep the clock coming, I think they all look awesome!

Andy
Old 08-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 208 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by simpsoap
WOW! Some people really have the nerve to rain on other peoples hard work. I've seen numerous things on Rennlist that wasn't to my liking, but I would never insult the other person or make them feel like the work they put into it wasn't worth it. To each their own, and all that matters is if the other person is satisfied. AOW is a asset to this board and a great guy. Keep the clock coming, I think they all look awesome!

Andy
You are just trying to butter him up so he doesn't beat you up this weekend
Old 08-04-2010, 09:53 AM
simpsoap
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Cactus
You are just trying to butter him up so he doesn't beat you up this weekend
Butter him up? That's Amanda's job
Old 08-04-2010, 10:28 AM
ryano
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well as a retired investment banker have had a whole bunch of weird looking stuff on my desk....but nothing like this....but if you & andreas like it - go for it. hope price was minimal!!
are you kidding me?? these are badass andreas!
Old 08-04-2010, 10:50 AM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Boost
Dude where i come from taking the **** out of someone cause you dont like their art is one thing (other than the fact AOW is a buddy of mine - so i will stand up for him - but he really doesn't need it in this case) but taking the **** out of a mans recently deceased dog - would get you all beaten the StrekStrekStrekStrek up.

Banter, jokes, opinions and fun is one thing - but mate, there is a line and with THAT comment you crossed it. Tool.
+1

Calling him a tool is an insult tools everywhere.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

"Lighten up Francis." Sgt. Hulka-Stripes
Old 08-04-2010, 11:20 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 211 Posts

Nice work Andreas, forget the haters. You know I've this front railing that's rusting in some spots...never mind. Actually everyone in my development (500 + homes) front railing must need some work. That could be some nice mod money..
Old 08-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

That’s okay, guys, you’d be bitter and rude if you retired from investment banking and all you drove was a 964 (or 993, for that matter).

You might be even more ascerbic if everyone mistook you for one of the Village People:
30's

turned 60...........(still pumping 30-40lb dumbells)....eat right , lots of white wine, and exercise on the basis of "no pain - no gain"

That last photo is . . . special. It's okay, Gerry, come out of the closet; you'll be a much happier person.

https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topi...0-edition.html Photos linked in case he decides to pull them off of photobucket.
Attached Images   

Last edited by Mark in Baltimore; 08-04-2010 at 12:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Andreas Creation