993 Forum 1995-1998

993 Bilstein Suspension Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 08:21 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IXLR8
Mark, all the on-line parts outlets were showing a Bilstein with a welded on lower spring mount.

I've now found a pic of a Bilstein HD unit and see that the body is threaded. Can you confirm that they are the following shock...and what are those "extra threads" all about that you mentioned?

THANKS!
that is the one...

the extra threads allow for more height range adjustment, allowing you to drop the car a bit lower. A few years back (maybe more?) the 30mm extra threaded versions were only available via "special order".
Old 08-17-2010, 04:29 AM
911PERVY
Banned

Received 223 Likes on 183 Posts

I think it was along time ago that they werent threaded all the way, certainly been threaded all the way down for the last 5 years of stock that Ive seen, as you say Mark, they will all have the full thread wherever you get them now
Old 08-19-2010, 06:56 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by IXLR8
Mark, all the on-line parts outlets were showing a Bilstein with a welded on lower spring mount.

I've now found a pic of a Bilstein HD unit and see that the body is threaded. Can you confirm that they are the following shock...and what are those "extra threads" all about that you mentioned?

THANKS!
Websites often use stock photos which are incorrect. All HDs are the same now, so there really is no "extra" threads. They all come with more threads then they used to. This allows for more lowering. The first pic is a front HD for a 993.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: 993 Bilstein Suspension Question