Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Bilstein HD and M030 tips before install

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 06:43 PM
Black993
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good! Glad you got it sorted. I'm about the same height as you with the same setup and absolutely love how it feels. Only thing is, your steering wheel is on the wrong side of the car!
Old 01-17-2011, 07:27 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 271 Posts

So if you had not used the extra collar, would that allow you to drop an additional 4-5mm? Congrats on the job well done. I thought about DIYing this also, but just didn't have the patience.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:45 AM
haygeebaby
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

For sure - lose the extra locking collar - and you'll get RS height. But when I had the collar right at the bottom I found that the sway bar would sit too low and would hit the lower suspension arm. I kept OEM sway bars - so perhaps adjustable drop links is the solution. Also - you may run the risk of having the drop link perch move - as others have experienced.

As for the DIY - Jeff's instructions are pretty much perfect and to the tee. I don't think it mentions anythng about additional lock collars - but could be wrong. Height settings in the DIY where very close for ROW Sport height. The first height measure was pretty much spot on - but after looking at the car - I thought a little lower would be better.

The DIY is pretty easy actually - I was expecting worse. First time through is a learning curve and there is some man handling trying to get the struts out. But I had to do the rears twice, and the second time round was so simple. I'd recommend doing it if you have the time.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:10 AM
ryano
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

couldnt agree more. I wish I went a little lower as well in the back, as now I am going to have to disassemble everything to go a bit lower. Otherwise the DIY is great and well written

Originally Posted by haygeebaby
Height settings in the DIY where very close for ROW Sport height. The first height measure was pretty much spot on - but after looking at the car - I thought a little lower would be better.

Quick Reply: Bilstein HD and M030 tips before install