Sponsored by: DashLynx

Finally decided- FS 1997 Black Targa w/Tip

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 03:11 PM
pchak
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally decided- FS 1997 Black Targa w/Tip

I've finally decided to let go of my L741 Black 1997 Targa Tiptronic with 69,500 miles. While the kids and their seats do fit, my wife vetoes any trip over an hour as not being logistically feasible.

I got the car in November, and haven’t needed to do anything but oil/air change/filters, headlight/washer pump replace, and as of this weekend, new battery. It lived the bulk of its life in Cali, where it was maintained at Bev Hills Porsche, and I bought it from the previous owner in the Hamptons, where it was maintained at the local dealer there. I can forward the CARFAX that I pulled in March for anyone that wants it.

I kept it out of the snow, but did drive it on some dry, salt-free days. I’ve put less than 4K mi in 10 months.

Paint is in decent, but certainly not showroom condition. There are a few small chips (nose rash is not too bad), some minor clearcoat scratches, and one small spot on engine hood where they got a little aggressive with buffing. However, the car shows very well, in sun or shade.

Interior is in good condition, w/ some normal driver side bolster wear. Carpet is ok. “Lloyd-type” mats cover the original mats, which look almost new. Dual power seats. Dash in great shape, as well as back seat area. A/C blows cold. CDR 210 cassette w/6-disc CD. No issues with door check straps, hood/trunk struts. If you check past posts, I’ve had no issues with the Targa top, other than my failure to realize that I didn’t have a part connected (d’oh). I did find that the passenger spring that provides tension for those idiotic plastic sunshade tracks is held in place with a screw, rather than a cheap plastic clip.

KBB is $37555 (good cond.) I’ve got it listed on Auto Trader for $29,900, and would certainly consider a reasonable offer from a R/L’er. Will deliver for PPI, or pick you up at CLE if you’re flying into town.

I think I’ve been honest on condition, especially with R/L folks who know better. Mike (Arena993) should be able to attest to my honesty, as he bought my ’96 C4 from me. It’s a great dependable, daily driver.

As much as I wanted to get back to one of these air-cooled little demons, there has to be enough utility to be justifiable. I guess I should have just kept my 996 and been satisfied with that :/
Attached Images   

Last edited by pchak; 10-21-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:13 PM
pchak
Pro

Default more pix

interior:

Last edited by pchak; 10-21-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:15 PM
pchak
Pro

Default wheels/ paint

wheel pix, and spot on engine hood
Attached Images   

Last edited by pchak; 10-21-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Finally decided- FS 1997 Black Targa w/Tip