Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Thinking of selling my Riviera Blue 993 C2S....

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 12:07 PM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With all do respect, wether you like my ad, or didn't like my ad, or me personally, or thought I was being shady does not give anyone the right to deliberately and maliciously ruin the sale of my car. No one was forced to bid on my car, everything was made crystal clear in the ad, and all bidders had the chance to retract their bids if they felt otherwise long before the auction was over. No one retracted their bids and some of the bidders even spoke with the original owner after I gave them his number. I was and am in contact with the majority of the bidders. I had no reason to doubt the top bidder as if you google his name, he comes up as a PCA guy and he had emailed me during the auction. My question is, what if I was losing my house or job or needed the money right now for that matter? There was total disregard for everything and the winning bidder for sure did not know me personally, like many people on the board do. I appreciate Bob, 911Slow, and especially Tony for figuring this out. The car will still sell and I'm not relisting it, it's obviously just a total headache explaining to the other bidders what happened and will in the end probably cost me money on the total sale. I'll close with no one has the right to be the judge and jury even if you believe your right. Some people bash constantly on multiple threads to multiple people. I don't understand it and it's sad. There are examples in the classifieds right now as we speak, which is one of way too many examples. Do a search and judge for yourself. I've made a lot of good friends off the forum and I hope to make many more. Thanks to everyone for the support both good and bad.

Last edited by GYMGUY; 08-16-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:23 PM
mdude
Burning Brakes

Received 351 Likes on 189 Posts

"Going forward...banning a person for screwing with a person's auction is a tough call because of two reasons. First...how do you verify, beyond a reasonable doubt, that it was the Rennlist member? Second...is it Rennlist's job to police activity that takes place off the forums?"

Based on what Bob and DALLWA provided, there is indeed proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

As to whether it is Rennlist's job to police member activities outside of this board, my suggestion is if such activities are related to Rennlist, which in this case messing with a fellow member's ebay listing on a Porsche, disciplinary action is called for.

If it were other activities, even blatantly illegal ones such as shoplifting at your local 7-11, that's an entirely different matter.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:35 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow
I was hoping it was some random lurker with nothing better to do

Sorry you have to deal with this Chris.
Seems this is the way of the internet world sometimes.

I'm thankful that RL moderators always make an effort to do the right thing in situations like this.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:45 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

its eBay, **** happens, close the thread.

its lame that it was re-opened, nothing positive will come of this.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:00 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by EMBPilot
its eBay, **** happens, close the thread.

its lame that it was re-opened, nothing positive will come of this.
Sorry pilot, it isn't just eBay, it was Rennlist and this forum in particular. I reopened the thread to serve notice that this kind of behavior will never be tolerated here.

Some in this forum have become awfully quick to judge. What happened to the notion of helping each other out which was so prevalent in the past?

I hope that seeing this debacle will remind all of us what Rennlist and this forum is really about.

To state unequivocally as fact that "he beat up the old guy" is but one example of what I mean about being "judgemental". Going so far as to sabotage the auction .. that's over the top and there are consequences.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:37 PM
DALLWA
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Through this craziness, I got to know Chris very well. Sure talking cars, 993, GT3RS and even kids.
Great guy and an impressive human being. Complete opposite of the picture painted on this thread.
Sometimes if we stop the bashing and get to know one another, you find out some pretty interesting and
amazing things.

Here is a article on Chris. Some people call this guy an everyday hero. I do.
We would be texting one minute and then he wouldn't respond. I thought I said something...sometimes
I do that. Nope, he had to throw on his firefighting gear and go hop on the truck.

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sec...?StoryID=83140
Old 08-16-2012, 01:42 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

This is crazy.

I would've NEVER thought our members could be capable of something like this.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:53 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by mdude
"Going forward...banning a person for screwing with a person's auction is a tough call because of two reasons. First...how do you verify, beyond a reasonable doubt, that it was the Rennlist member? Second...is it Rennlist's job to police activity that takes place off the forums?"

Based on what Bob and DALLWA provided, there is indeed proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

As to whether it is Rennlist's job to police member activities outside of this board, my suggestion is if such activities are related to Rennlist, which in this case messing with a fellow member's ebay listing on a Porsche, disciplinary action is called for.

If it were other activities, even blatantly illegal ones such as shoplifting at your local 7-11, that's an entirely different matter.

You and/or others may have access to that proof and have no reasonable doubt but the rest of Rennlist does not. Is the proof going to be posted? Not saying it should be...just that, for the vast majority of us, this is a he said/she said type of thing and I doubt that was the intention for re-opening the thread. I have been here since before the reset in 2001 and I really miss the old days.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:00 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DALLWA

Here is a article on Chris.
Thanks for the read Tony. I have immediate respect for personal trainers.

Someone will be buying a wonderful car. Wish it were me.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:05 PM
DALLWA
Racer

DC, I can assure you it wasn't rocket science in mapping the EBay ID to Rennlist. It was so crystal clear, all you had to do is look.

Bill was BANNED because of it, and the Rennlist moderators don't do or take these actions lightly and without absolute proof.

I was very impressed with how thorough they were and triple checking the data. I gaurantee you we all wished it wasn't a Rennlister.

Originally Posted by DC from Cape Cod
You and/or others may have access to that proof and have no reasonable doubt but the rest of Rennlist does not. Is the proof going to be posted? Not saying it should be...just that, for the vast majority of us, this is a he said/she said type of thing and I doubt that was the intention for re-opening the thread. I have been here since before the reset in 2001 and I really miss the old days.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:06 PM
DALLWA
Racer

Thanks Rodney. You and me both

Originally Posted by RodKnock
Thanks for the read Tony. I have immediate respect for personal trainers.

Someone will be buying a wonderful car. Wish it were me.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:10 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DALLWA
DC, I can assure you it wasn't rocket science in mapping the EBay ID to Rennlist. It was so crystal clear, all you had to do is look.

Bill was BANNED because of it, and the Rennlist moderators don't do or take these actions lightly and without absolute proof.

I was very impressed with how thorough they were and triple checking the data.
The point is that I have no desire to judge either the seller or the bidder...that is not what I am here for. We have a posts from John D. and Bob suggesting neither has clean hands...perhaps the best way to handle a situation like this is behind the scenes. Any way you slice it, we are being asked to take the word of someone else and I don't see how dragging this out is helping our forum. Time to put it behind us and move on.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:17 PM
DALLWA
Racer

I hear you, and respect your opinion on this.

You're right, there are two ways in handling this, behind the scenes or in front.

John and Bob both came to the agreement to put it in front for the reason Bob clearly spelled out above and below.
The intent to stop this behavior that has been so prevalent on this forum especially as of late. I think its a good decision.

"Sorry pilot, it isn't just eBay, it was Rennlist and this forum in particular. I reopened the thread to serve notice that this kind of behavior will never be tolerated here.
Some in this forum have become awfully quick to judge. What happened to the notion of helping each other out which was so prevalent in the past?

I hope that seeing this debacle will remind all of us what Rennlist and this forum is really about.

To state unequivocally as fact that "he beat up the old guy" is but one example of what I mean about being "judgemental". Going so far as to sabotage the auction .. that's over the top and there are consequences."

Originally Posted by DC from Cape Cod
The point is that I have no desire to judge either the seller or the bidder...that is not what I am here for. We have a posts from John D. and Bob suggesting neither has clean hands...perhaps the best way to handle a situation like this is behind the scenes. Any way you slice it, we are being asked to take the word of someone else and I don't see how dragging this out is helping our forum. Time to put it behind us and move on.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:21 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Actually, this was handled behind the scenes and the results were posted for all to see.

I have been here for a long time (1999 I think before the user reset) and I know what this forum used to be like and what it is like today. Both John D. and Bob have my complete and utter support for doing whatever can be done to keep it the way it was. I am as tired as they are of the negative and witch hunt types of posts we see these days.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:21 PM
Shtootgart
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Way to tilt the scales back Dallwa ! Let the guy sell his car in peace.

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my Riviera Blue 993 C2S....