RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 315 Likes on 140 Posts

Thanks again guys......

Old 03-30-2012, 10:54 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Just caught this thread. Thanks for the update, JoAnne. I hope tomorrow brings more smiles.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:16 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

I am........ Thank you. I went outside for a while this morning. It's BEAUTIFUL even with all the pollen flying around It's a beautiful spring.

I'll REALLY be smiling in two weeks when the 993 gets here!!!
Old 03-31-2012, 02:45 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

In a few years, I hope this ordeal is a distant memory for you. I wish you and Robert the best.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:52 PM
Tonydec
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

Continued prayers for both of you. May the rest of the process go as succesfully!
Old 03-31-2012, 09:07 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Thanks Mark. Thanks Tony.
No more surgeries needed for me UNLESS I decide on adding aftermarket products at a much later date. Currently I might need a little manual manipulation to get things in place and not squeaking, or in my case, no swishing in the next few weeks though. If not, I can get used to the occasional sound of water sloshing about in my right best friend.

Everything in our life is an experience and this is one that I can never forget. It has changed me, and I truly believe changed me in a good way. How's that for making sweet lemonade out of a sour ol' lemon?

Sun is shining and I am going to ENJOY IT!!!!
Old 04-02-2012, 11:54 PM
fullbooker
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joanne,
Glad to hear of your surgical success!! Keeping a special bottle of wine to share with you and Robert when you're out to Cali again. Hang in there, your progress is exceptional.
Phil
Old 04-03-2012, 03:00 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Looking forward to that wine Phil!

I'm really missing 'home' right now......

Anyone have a job opening for me or Robert or both of us in Cali????

I went for my follow up for the surgery I had last Tuesday and all is looking good, actually looking great. When Dr. Bauer walked into the examination room and asked how I was doing, I looked at him and immediately teared up, something I wasn't going to let myself do. I told him THANK YOU. I told him he was a great Surgeon, and that I thought they are just perfect for me. I told him how I was expecting to look like a stripper since that is how I looked with the expanders. We all had a giggle over that comment. He made me look like a normal non- augmented women and that is what my biggest wish and prayer was, to look normal. He told me not to cry, but I think he knows I am so happy with the way I look and am happy to be healthy again. It was nice to see him smile. I think I made him happy too. I think it is just now hitting me as to what I've been through. The tears are coming pretty easily today...... That's okay too. Shows I am human and not the superwomen that I sometimes try to be. Dr Bauer did inform me that my skin is extremely thin on my chest and I might not be able to have additional 'parts' bolted on, even at a later date (I was was thinking in about three years IF I want them at all). I might not even be able to have the 3-D tattoo's. You know what? That's okay. I think they look GREAT as they are. Even he said I was doing GREAT. TOday I go back for my release to work papers and some silicone tape to use on the scars to flatten them out and make them heal better. I'm all for having the scars show less even if I am sort of getting used to them. They are my battle scars and how I got those scars has made me a better person all round. I truly believe that.

Once again, THANK YOU. ALL OF YOU.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:33 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT

I'll REALLY be smiling in two weeks when the 993 gets here!!!
You and me both dearie ..
Old 04-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Denise993
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joanne,
It sounds like you are doing really well. I'm thrilled for you and am sending along some healing energy to combat your battle scars!
Old 04-03-2012, 10:31 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by JPP
You and me both dearie ..

Ahhhhh !!!!! Just got a call from DeMoise, It's going to be another three weeks before it gets here around the 22nd! That's what we get for moving back to R Can saw!!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 10:36 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Denise993
Joanne,
It sounds like you are doing really well. I'm thrilled for you and am sending along some healing energy to combat your battle scars!
Thank you Denise! I am doing well even if I had a bit of a mental backslide this afternoon thanks to someone not thinking before they typed something to me on FB.

Watch what you type people (and I am not talking about typos and grammar here).... THINK before you hit send.

Happiness is fragile even when you know you are 100% okay. I am not superwomen and I never pretended to be. I don't want people to think I am either. I am just me and my skin isn't as thick as some people think. I am stronger than I ever was before, BUT I still have my moments, just like anyone else.

That being said...

I will not let anyone steal my joy..... for more than a few hours anyway.

I know I am a lucky and very blessed survivor. I also happen to know, as most people would hopefully know, that not all cancers can be lumped into one category. If this person (and I hope and pray it never happens to this person) ever had cancer, this person never would have posted what they did. EVER. I am just asking people to put their feet in the other peoples shoes before posting something that just might not be construed as 'happy' or in line with whatever that person has been posting about.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:56 PM
Tonydec
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

Don't let her negativity drag you down. Why some people are like that baffles me. Had someone at work like that, we often wondered if it was because the attention wasn't on them.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:41 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

This time I think it was just not being sensitive.

TODAY IS A GREAT DAY!!! I hope everyone is out enjoying it even if you are at work. I go back to work on Monday and I know there will be a ton of work for me since it is Tax Week, but I don't care. I'll be HAPPY!!!

TIGHT Hugs to all.....

Quick Reply: Big Day for JoAnne (RJT) - Mother Superior