Very Funny!!! THANK YOU......
Put you in perkier mood? ^^

Old 12-14-2011, 12:27 AM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
Thanks Guys. THis afternoon is pretty good. I hope it stays that way all night and I can get some rest only to be interrupted by my midnight and 6:00am meds.......
Glad to hear you are doing better.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:08 AM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

I dont come over to this forum much and I was surprised to find this.

First I am sorry that this happened. That you had to go through all of this. But it is so good that it was found early.

But Second, you are taking it like a trooper from your posts. So with that great attitude, the same as you always have around here too, I am sure you will be just as good as ever once you get healed up.

So get well, rest some, get even better, and get that other work done and have a wonderful Holidays and a Happy New Year for you, and for all your family and friends.

Stay Strong !
Old 12-14-2011, 01:15 AM
skywachr
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joanne, so very glad to hear you may have turned the corner. We're sure praying for you.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:44 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 63 Likes on 25 Posts

That is great news JoAnne. Get well soon!
Old 12-14-2011, 04:26 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 317 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by curve lover
Put you in perkier mood? ^^

I am feeling perkier today. Yup, yes I AM! The morning didn't start out so grand. I was feeling sort of dizzy and punky and nauseated and TIRED of feeling dizzy and punky and nauseated.

THEN.....

I went to the reconstructive surgeon today and he smiled BIG when he looked at me (for the first time since the hospital) and said I was doing great and looking great. Robert said to him it appeared as more of a look of surprise. I told him he has made me so happy, that he made us BOTH so happy already. I wasn't expecting to look so good so soon. I'm a small "B" already. I was fully prepared to be flat as a pancake for the rest of my life when I first decided on the double mastectomy. Then I learn that I was a candidate for reconstruction and decide on that. Still when I left the hospital, I wasn't expecting much more than an expander, whatever the heck that was, and then start the 'big re-build up' a few weeks later. ANYWAY, I should get back to where I was before this whole thing started before I know it, AND I will look better since there will be no ptosis and I've had ptosis since I was 12!!! Perky will be THE WORD He also pulled two of the drains from me and told me I can sleep on my side now. That should help me a lot. Once I am done with the antibiotics (which make me nauseated) It will be clear sailing!!

You guys are the best listeners around..... THANK YOU!!!!!
Old 12-14-2011, 04:37 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

PS: Thank you for the continued prayers, thoughts and good wishes. I am feeling every single last one!
Old 12-14-2011, 05:08 PM
evoderby
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

JoAnne, might I be so frank and say whilst it is you who's thanking 'us' it is really me thanking you in being so frank, courageous, vulnerable, well spirited and funny. Take one step at a time and get well soon!!!
Old 12-14-2011, 05:27 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by evoderby
JoAnne, might I be so frank and say whilst it is you who's thanking 'us' it is really me thanking you in being so frank, courageous, vulnerable, well spirited and funny. Take one step at a time and get well soon!!!
Ditto.

When I first ventured into cyberspace some 20+ years ago, I thought it was just a place to send mail and keep in touch with people a long ways away, as an alternate to the phone or paper mail.

Then it became a place to find information, conduct research and learn.

Rennlist has shown me that it can also be a social gathering where friendships can be initiated and fostered.

Joanne, you have been one of the pioneers of the "Rennlist Family" and make this place so much more than "just a Porsche bulletin board" Because of people like yourself, I see Rennlist as not just a community, but a family, where people not only interact, but genuinely care about each other and their well being.

I am glad to hear that things are going well.

Aloha
Old 12-14-2011, 10:15 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by evoderby
You guys are the ones who humble me. I'm just JoAnne telling a bunch of my friends about what I am going through in hopes that they can light the fire under their female family members and friends who are afraid to get regular Mammograms, especially if that have family history of bc. I do not, and look what happened to me. Please see that they do it. It's that Important.

AND it's just as important for you guys to go get checked annually too. A couple of fingers and second of discomfort can save your own life. I care about all of you. You are my cyber family.

I am so blessed to be part of the Rennlist community.

Hugs to you all. I'll sleep tonight. Flexril and just being able to sleep on my side. Wow, sounds as good as a vacation to Daytona to me....
Old 12-22-2011, 02:24 AM
pcarhombre
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have also been among the missing and having just closed out another semester, put down the essays and read about your challenges. Being married to a mamographer, I know how important having regular check ups are and salute your courage in sharing your story. If just one woman benefits because you put out the word, it will be another feather in your already-feather ladened cap. I salute you and hope the days ahead are filled with joy!
Old 12-22-2011, 11:34 AM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Thanks guys! Pcarhombre ~ If just one women who hates getting Mammograms goes after hearing my story, then it was worth my telling it.

Yesterday was my second appointment with my reconstructive plastic surgeon and he said I am doing great. I am well ahead in the healing department then most women are at only two weeks out. The nurse pulled my two remaining drains, (the first two were pulled last week. You would not believe how much tubing was inside of my chest!!!) and she told me to expect them to ooze for a few days. Good thing they told me to send Robert to the store for Maxi Pads when they first started to leak. I have a who box of them now. Poor Robert said he stared at the tampons in the feminine products aisle for 5 minutes before he realized those weren't what I was looking for LOL.... The Surgeon said he understands Robert's confusion. He said he thinks stores need to have a women working that aisle at all times to help the men who wander in their looking for something. We had a great laugh with the surgeon about that. The surgeon then infused my expanders with two huge syringes full of saline. Boy did I feel it, and BOY BOY BOY did I grow! He said most women are numb for up to 6 weeks, but since I am regaining feeling quickly it might be a little uncomfortable for me when he does the infusions. He was right. Still, what he's doing to me to make me bigger is nothing compared to what some of the other women with invasive types of cancer had to go through before they could even get to the point of reconstruction, so I am NOT going to complain about it. When He sat me back up, Robert's eyes bugged out as I said,: "HEY!! I have ***** again!!!" Next week, I get even bigger. I'm thinking I am almost the size I want to be already, and we've only just started. Right now I feel like someone stuck a football in my chest. Before the surgeon left the room he gave me my Christmas Gift..... HE said that I CAN SHOWER starting tomorrow! Well, that is now TODAY!!!! It will be a world record shower. the water meter is going to be spinning out of control. I'm going to enjoy every second of it. I just have to make sure it's not too hot so I don't pass out. I have to wait for the muscle relaxants to wear off a little before I try the shower. I did have some pretty heafty muscle contractions last night (just as they told me to expect) so I took my flexril. That stuff really works on me to the point of making me want to sleep the day away......

Funny how the little things that I used to take for granted mean so much to me now days.

You guys are great. Tell your women to get their Mammograms. It's important. VERY IMPORTANT!
Old 12-22-2011, 11:41 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Glad to hear the positive news!
Old 12-22-2011, 11:42 AM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Thanks Mark!!!
Old 12-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 210 Posts

JoAnne..... so cool that you have such a positive attitude. That, plus the fact you can find humor in it, has to be a factor in you rapid improvement. I have no doubt you will be helping others that are facing the same ordeal you are going through now. Keep getting better and keep us posted. Say "hey" to Robert. He is a trooper too.

Quick Reply: Big Day for JoAnne (RJT) - Mother Superior