Sponsored by: DashLynx

Lloys mats fitting question

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 09:00 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Lloys mats fitting question

I did a search and didn't find an answer.

The OEM carpet mats that came with my 97 C2S move all over the place, so I ordered Llloyds mats from Suncoast during their free shipping special a few weeks ago. Arrived quickly and the quality is fantastic. I went with a "white" (they call it silver) Carrera with a red "S" to go with my Red on Black C2S.

Two longer hold-down posts were in the package. The original posts appeared to me to be screw down, so I unscrewed them and placed the Lloyds over the "lower mats". Lined up the grommets and used the longer Lloyds posts. They are pressure fit vs. screw down.

So my question is two fold:

1. Is it best to remove the lower mats altogether and use just the Lloyds mats with the OEM hold-down posts, screwed down? OR

2. Do most use the double mat method, leaving the OEM lower mat on and using the LLoyds provided longer hold-down posts with the compression fit? My concern about this is that they will pop off, roll around, get lost, etc. and then I'll have the same problem with the mats moving around.

Any tips appreciated. Thanks!
Old 12-12-2011, 09:26 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 208 Likes on 134 Posts

I use both mats. No issues.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:41 AM
95 NC 993
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

#1 for me (removed the originals). The mats are holding up extremely well too, going on 3 years. Good quality!
Old 12-12-2011, 02:15 PM
marin77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Removed the originals - great fit - I have the screw-down version. Works great.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:53 PM
911Dave
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Definitely remove the carpet pieces and use the Lloyd's mats by themselves. There's no need for both anyway, and putting the floor mat on top will just hasten the wear and tear on the carpet pieces by grinding dirt into them.

I just bought the Lloyd's mats about 4 months ago and the caps that came with them are screw down, just like the Porsche ones, not pressure fit, and they are color-matched to the mats.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:35 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks guys. The Lloyds caps are looser than the OEM ones, so when I tried to screw them down they just pushed down. So I'm considering them to be more like compression fit vs. screwed (even though they do have a recess for a screw driver).

Appreciate the input - will try them alone using the OEM caps that held well screwed down.

Quick Reply: Lloys mats fitting question