Old 12-29-2011, 05:44 PM
deadhead1960
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PNogC2S
What makes this car so "rare"?
That was a newbie's comment; not rare...just fair

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
for what it's worth, that pricing is not far off from what I expect to sell my 96 C2 for, in an ultra rare color combination, brand new PSS10, brand new OEM RS Speedlines, etc.
Wire transfer or bank check
Old 12-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
have to agree a little... what is the mileage? for what it's worth, that pricing is not far off from what I expect to sell my 96 C2 for, in an ultra rare color combination, brand new PSS10, brand new OEM RS Speedlines, etc.... not knocking this car, but if it is "just" a 96 C2, depending on the miles, I would expect to be at $35 or so...
say it ain't so Jonathan!
Old 12-29-2011, 06:07 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 271 Posts

Not sure if it's light reflection or not, but something not looking right on the door checkstrap. Ask seller if it's making clicking noise when opening/closing door. Nice looking car though.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:12 PM
osugasman
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, the story on the paperwork is that it is a 2 owner car. previous owner was long time customer, went through nasty divorce and moved from Va to Eastern Shore of Maryland. I will get to talk with him on the phone. He has all paperwork but isn't motivated to "dig it out" after the move. I don't expect to have any luck with physical paperwork, only the "story".

The factory Cup suspension is supposedly exactly that. Fred Baker Porsche in Cleveland area installed same suspension they would use on the 993 cup cars. Supposedly, it drives tight but isn't too painful when it hits potholes, etc. Will see...
Old 12-29-2011, 07:44 PM
PNogC2S
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you are going to be able to test drive it, then the suspension will be self evident. If you are going to do a long-distance deal w/o test drive, I'd recommend pushing him a bit further on the suspension question - or at least have the PPI shop look at it closely tell you what's really in there. A "cup" suspension (assuming that means a competitive track set up) wouldn't be considered comfortably streetable by most. And from the looks of the photos, that car is sitting too high for a "cup" suspension. Have a look at photos here on RL of guys' cars who are set to RS ride height...much lower than what is seen in those photos . Just saying to be sure you know what you are getting. Best of luck with it.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:27 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
say it ain't so Jonathan!
not quite yet, but come new year, probably time for something different... again...
Old 12-30-2011, 10:39 AM
95 NC 993
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by osugasman
Well, the story on the paperwork is that it is a 2 owner car. previous owner was long time customer, went through nasty divorce and moved from Va to Eastern Shore of Maryland. I will get to talk with him on the phone. He has all paperwork but isn't motivated to "dig it out" after the move. I don't expect to have any luck with physical paperwork, only the "story".

The factory Cup suspension is supposedly exactly that. Fred Baker Porsche in Cleveland area installed same suspension they would use on the 993 cup cars. Supposedly, it drives tight but isn't too painful when it hits potholes, etc. Will see...
Once you drive it you will know if this is the right car for you. It certainly sounds real good, and I wouldn't walk away from it if the dealer doesn't budge much on price. Over the course of years of ownership $2,000 is almost meaningless on these cars. You are very right about finding decent low mileage 16 year old cars. There are only so many, and they have to appeal to you ref color, options, etc... Good luck!
Old 12-30-2011, 12:47 PM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 95 NC 993
Once you drive it you will know if this is the right car for you. It certainly sounds real good, and I wouldn't walk away from it if the dealer doesn't budge much on price. Over the course of years of ownership $2,000 is almost meaningless on these cars. You are very right about finding decent low mileage 16 year old cars. There are only so many, and they have to appeal to you ref color, options, etc... Good luck!
+1

IMHO - With all the options and low milage, I believe that this car is under-priced.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:07 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Get a PPI done. I have seen a couple of cars for sale now that have "cup" suspension. But no one knows what it is.

If it has the options you wan, the color combo you want, it's priced fair if the car passes a PPI. If you do happen to pay a few grand more now, it will make up for trying to find the same car for slightly lower later.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Harloww
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it's what you want and the PPI checks out I would move on it. I looked for 7 months and lost several 993's before landing what I wanted. They go quick nowadays.

96 C4S

Quick Reply: Is this the right car??