Sponsored by: DashLynx

Is this the right car??

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 03:41 PM
osugasman
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is this the right car??

Been looking/lurking for a few months now. I have about 30 photos from the dealer on this. Looks like it is worth a PPI. Not sure what to finish at for price. Any thoughts on the car, or price? Apparently no accidents, paintwork. A few small chips on front end. Optioned out well. Low miles.

"the vehicle already upgraded the suspension to a Porsche Factory Cup Suspension at the Porsche dealership a few years after purchase in order to improve the handling"

Here is the link. Thanks.

http://www.trubanmotors.com/Inventor...e%20black.html
Old 12-29-2011, 03:56 PM
L741_993
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice, it's worth a drive and PPI. The price is a little on the high side.... but looks like it as some nice extra's. Based on the upgrades you would not have to do anything for a week or two
I would start at the 34-35K range(based on a good/no issue PPI) and go from there. If it's what you really want, go for it!
Old 12-29-2011, 03:57 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 237 Posts

Is this a C2S? Appears to be from the rear fender view in the photos. Turbo wing was added by? Is it an OEM part or aftermarket?

The 'Porsche Factory Cup Suspension' term is unknown to me. The ride height seems to be standard North American. What is this suspension upgrade supposed to be exactly?
Old 12-29-2011, 04:25 PM
deadhead1960
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by osugasman
Any thoughts on the car, or price?
Very properly priced if all services are up to date and PPI is clean. The options add a lot of value to this car; nice color combo and lower mileage. Perhaps an "allowance" if the original rear deck lid is missing, of $1,000 or so. For sure offer $34-35k, but IMHO still a buy at or near asking price if all is good.

Originally Posted by mike cap
Is this a C2S?
No it's not. The window sticker confirms it. Good point on the suspension BS. The PPI will decipher that question.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:27 PM
osugasman
Racer

Mike,

I quoted what I was told by John Truban who works closely with a guy who gets cars for people like Jerry Seinfeld (G and W Motorwerkes out of NoVa). You guys might have noticed a recently sold 993tt (s). Pretty sweet car. So I don't really know what the suspension is supposed to be. The rear wing was added at the dealer before original delivery. I believe it to be a NB and not a C2S. Will move ahead with a PPI if I can get him to agree to a number in the $34-35K range first, since that is what I was thinking already. Good time of year to buy a 911!!!
Old 12-29-2011, 04:29 PM
TJ993
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Nice car - well Optioned from the Factory. VERY RARE 1 OF 1286

I should know as I have the exact same car with a few more Options so I know it very well. I also have Aerokit # 1 with RS Splitters.

The pics do not show ride height well. I have the M030 or M491 so my ride height is about 1.5 inches or less than 2 fingers above the tires.

I also wonder about the suspension and would question that so is there Documentation? Considering she is 15 it makes sense to be replaced - , so yah Go Ahead, do a Title Search, how many owners, hows the clutch etc etc

Where are the Maintenance Records???

I think thats a Turbo rear spoiler but again the pics do not do the car justice. If it has the air intakes or scoops on the Rear spoiler then it is definitely Factory - I would like to see more close up shots - but I would like to see documentation.

It could have been added by Dealer. That is recorded on DUE BILL - given together with Delivery Docs including ODOMETER DISCLOSURE STATEMENT Given to Buyer on Delivery together with original window sticker.

sO AS SAID HERE ABOVE , If Good PPI, ALL SERVICES Done, Maintenance Records NO CEL Lights or History etc etc Yes I say Go Hurry!
Old 12-29-2011, 04:36 PM
TJ993
Banned

Also, the serial number is a bit different than mine - atleast what is shown on Window Sticker - check inside the door to verify matches the WS and window VIN - I think it is a later build than mine

Adrian Streathers book provides that info - mine is not here unfortunately or I would tell you.

I do not think there is a problem just wanted to verify XTS - thinking Dec 96 Build or slightly later say Feb 97 ?
Old 12-29-2011, 04:37 PM
TJ993
Banned

ooops i was thinking 97 and its a 96 so forget VIN Comment other than verifying XTS etc
Old 12-29-2011, 04:39 PM
osugasman
Racer

TJ993: Shouldn't you mean Feb 96? 2/97 cars should all be mid 97 cycle cars, right? I have the essential 993 manual at home and can confirm this later.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:39 PM
996scott
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 123 Posts

Looks like a nice car. Hard to get a good feel for it because the lighting in the showroom isn't great, but it sounds like you have more pictures. The pluses for me: love the color, low miles, nice options. No accidents or paintwork is also a plus if that checks out. You may want to have a good body shop look at it to verify. One negative for me is the "whale tail." Just my personal opinion, but I like the clean lines without a tail on a narrow body. Just my opinion. What about the records and # of owners? I would want some more info on the suspension. I am no expert, but i would think that if it had "cup" suspension it would be sitting a lot lower and be very hard to drive on the street. Get more info on this and check with the dealer to see exactly what was installed. As for the price, if everything checks out and the PPI comes up clean I don't think $36 is a crazy price for the dealer to start at. I think if you got it for $32K it would be a great buy. Just for reference. I have been looking for a while now and I found a 96 C2 cpe 6sp with 88K miles, 2 owner, 18' wheels, upgraded suspension, not as many options, but very clean. Owner is asking $35K. I have talked him down to $33K. I think $33K is still a little high. I think it is worth $31K with the higher miles. Hope this helps.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:59 PM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This car has hardback sportseats...a real nice option and fairly valuable on the market and as a nice upgrade. Have you seen the car in person? If not, don't commit until you have. PPI very important including leak down test. Records really help too.

Beautiful car, hope it checks out in the low to mid 30's...fair price if all is good.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:03 PM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

If you tink this might be THE car, move ahead with the PPI.
chuck
Old 12-29-2011, 05:20 PM
PNogC2S
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What am I missing here? What makes this car so "rare"?... it looks like a mid-mileage, black on black '96 C2 coupe with factory sport seats, a couple of other options and a bolt-on wing.
Not knocking it. The car looks good, but what qualifies it as so rare?
Old 12-29-2011, 05:23 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

have to agree a little... what is the mileage? for what it's worth, that pricing is not far off from what I expect to sell my 96 C2 for, in an ultra rare color combination, brand new PSS10, brand new OEM RS Speedlines, etc.... not knocking this car, but if it is "just" a 96 C2, depending on the miles, I would expect to be at $35 or so...
Old 12-29-2011, 05:30 PM
osugasman
Racer

Totally agree this is a nice car and not rare. Just hard to find many examples with mileage at 41K here in Cincinnati. At 16 years old, these things are starting to become rare (at least with a for sale sticker on them). Working on old records, 2 owner car, supposedly no paintwork or accidents. Will carfax it later. PPI is absolutely a must. I will also get to fly out and drive it home pending the evaluations!!!

Quick Reply: Is this the right car??