Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 07:18 AM
Steen
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 993 Guards Red for sale :(

https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale...uards-red.html

Sad day indeed...

Well, not happy that I'm having to make a "responsible" decision, but such is life, and I'll be back in a 993 in a few years. I will be putting 25k+ miles on a car starting this summer sometime and my other car is a Land Cruiser so I need to find something that is conducive to super high miles. Temporary 993 hiatis, but justfor a few years and can't keep the 993 in the meantime.

I bought the car from a Rennlister 2-1/2 years ago. It has turned out to be a fantastic car that has given me absolutely no problems at all. Only thing I've had to deal with is the Odo just stopped working a couple of weeks ago. Due for an oil change and will have my indy fix that. Mileage is at 51,933 and I've put about 100 miles on the car since it stopped.

Here's a bit more information about the car.

Clutch is original. Does not slip at all, and my indy tells me it's good for another 10k miles or so... but it is something that is on the horizon.

There are some rock chips on the front bumper. It's not been resprayed and the chips are no worse than you would expect. PO told me the front drivers door had been resprayed. You'd never know it, but there is one little telltale sign of overspray by the handle. Not big enough that I could get it in a pic.

All of the electronics work. No issues at all.

Oil consumption is ~1qt / 2k miles.

Compression/Leakdown was done by the PO at 38k miles and came in at 205# and <5% according to the documentation. If you look back at the thread from when the PO sold the car, there is mention of a ticking valve. When I did the PPI, that indy said it was not an issue, and my indy here in Atlanta has told me the same thing.

No oil leaks at all... it's a very clean engine.

The top is like new still. PO replaced it at 43k miles. The automatic top motors work as they should. (I did the two bolt conversion to manual when I bought it, but can convert back in 30 seconds)

The interior is in great shape. The only blemish is on the drivers seat. The PO sat in it with something in his pocket and scratched the seat. It's not wear and tear, it's a scratch. You can probably see it in the pic. Nothing I thought was bad enough to do anything with, but it is the one blemish on the interior.

Changes I added since buying.

Added Fister Stage III (I'm really going to miss those!!)
Rennline Aluminum Pedals
Carnewal Shifter

I think that covers it.

It's listed on Autotrader at $34950 .

Full set of pics here... I have high res of most of them if you want them.

http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...enh/Red%20Cab/

Last edited by Steen; 01-31-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:32 AM
AtlJimK
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Say it ain't so...
Old 01-20-2012, 08:22 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

Who was the prior Rennlist owner? Looks nice. GLWS.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:29 AM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Murphyslaw (sp?) was PO. Yes a Rennlister

Mike
Old 01-20-2012, 09:24 AM
Mercedesben
Burning Brakes

Default car

Fix the odometer gear before it sells. It will open up a big can of worms if you don't. That car could be branded tmu. True mileage unknown. If that hits the carfax report the value of the car will greatly drop. I have seen a tmu branding drop the value of a car 50%.
Good luck with your sale. And we will see you back here in a couple of years.

Last edited by Mercedesben; 01-21-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:44 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh man! Sorry to hear this, but you gotta do what you gotta do...
Old 01-20-2012, 09:50 AM
95 NC 993
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think your starting price is very good and allows for some typical negotiation. GLWS!!
Old 01-20-2012, 09:52 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by Mercedesben
Fix the odometer gear before it sells.

Good luck with your sale. And we will see you back here in a couple of years.
+993.

Andreas
Old 01-20-2012, 12:35 PM
Steen
Instructor

Thanks all. Odo will be fixed next week. Definitely won't sell for 50% discount. That would keep me in it forever. It's a great car that I'll miss very much... I'll also just take the 2-3 yrs to hunt the next one
Old 01-21-2012, 06:21 AM
Steen
Instructor

Originally Posted by 95 NC 993
I think your starting price is very good and allows for some typical negotiation. GLWS!!
Thanks... I am amazed that during this economy the prices seem to have increased. I didn't pay a lot of attention to it over the last few years, but did a lot of searching before I bought it, and now did the same thing when trying to figure out what the market looks like. Definite increase in asking prices vs. 2-1/2 years ago. Does make me think hard about doing this. If I didn't know that I'd be turning a 50k miles car into a 100k miles car in 2 years, I'd keep it without question.

Just to give you a feel for what my walkaway would be, I would sell to a RL'er for $31k as long as I had right of first refusal to buy back someday if you ever put it back up for sale.

Added pics to the original thread. Must have been tired that day.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:14 AM
95 NC 993
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I looked at all 42 photos and your car is really nice!! The driver's seat shows hardly any wear. Impressive. You will have no problem selling it at all. Once someone actually comes out to see it they will be hooked.
I noticed that your boot cover is cashmere or tan. Did it come with your car or did you buy it afterwards? I was wondering because I have the same interior except a black boot cover. The car is aventurine green so maybe that matters even though I think yours would look good on mine as well.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:39 AM
Steen
Instructor

Thanks. It is very nice. I'm actually kind of hoping it doesn't sell too soon. August/Sept sale would be perfect so I can enjoy it for a little while longer!

The front seat shows virtually no wear. There is the scratch, but no real wear and tear.

That cover came with the car. No idea if it's original or not. I know Patrick replaced some of the fasteners before I got it. With the tan interior, I like the color matched boot cover, but wouldn't have lost any sleep if it had been black.

Originally Posted by 95 NC 993
I looked at all 42 photos and your car is really nice!! The driver's seat shows hardly any wear. Impressive. You will have no problem selling it at all. Once someone actually comes out to see it they will be hooked.
I noticed that your boot cover is cashmere or tan. Did it come with your car or did you buy it afterwards? I was wondering because I have the same interior except a black boot cover. The car is aventurine green so maybe that matters even though I think yours would look good on mine as well.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:07 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey.. I didn't see this, but I'm the PO on it. Great car... I miss it everytime the weather warms up.

The boot cover is nice, but I don't believe original. It's leather too which I think is a bit different.

Sad to see it go!
Old 01-30-2012, 05:07 PM
Steen
Instructor

It's going in for a PPI tomorrow... could be gone this week

Great potential new buyer though. He sold what he called an identical car minus the mods a couple of years ago and has been looking to replace it. I'll send him this way if it goes through.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:37 AM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Steen
It's going in for a PPI tomorrow... could be gone this week

Great potential new buyer though. He sold what he called an identical car minus the mods a couple of years ago and has been looking to replace it. I'll send him this way if it goes through.
Excellent! I bought it from another RLer too!

GLWS!

Quick Reply: 95 993 Guards Red for sale :(